Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 13-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #1
KenN0898

Default Change of Ownership,.....SIDO number

This is probably a silly question but here goes. My user manual for my 2009 Focus Duratec LX has a change of ownership page at the back of the manual and one entry calls for the SIDO number.

Can somebody please enlighten ,...what is the SIDO number?

Thanks Ken.

KenN0898 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2012, 11:40 PM   #2
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 
Default Re: Change of Ownership,.....SIDO number

It is referred to as the Single Item Dealer Order number and from what I can find it is the number given to the dealer when the order is placed for a new vehicle. If you can't find it the Log Books you may need to contact the dealer where the vehicle was purchased from and ask them to check on it for you
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2012, 12:06 AM   #3
KenN0898

Thanks Russ,..I have just bought the car,...I think I will fill in the rest and leave that question blank,....now to obtain the stereo security number.

This really is an interesting forum.

Cheers Ken
Old 14-10-2012, 12:22 AM   #4
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Check through the log books if you have them, the radio security code should be in the front of the book somewhere if they're the original books from new. Failing that this will also be something you will need to get from a dealer, you will usually need to show proof of ownership and supply the VIN # to get it, not 100 % sure on the cost though, probably around $25
Old 14-10-2012, 02:15 AM   #5
KenN0898

Thanks Russ,...I suppose I should have arranged for the dealer to provide that number but I didn’t think of it at the time,..love the car though, this is the first Ford that I have owned for many years.

Ken
Old 14-10-2012, 12:08 PM   #6
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No worries Ken,

Was the radio working when you bought it or have you disconnected the battery for some reason and hence the need for the code ? If you purchased it from a Ford dealer ask them nicely if they would be able to provide the code for you, be sure you keep a copy of the code somewhere safe in case you need to use it again in the future (in your log book is the ideal place)

Cheers