Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 07-08-2012, 03:04 PM   #1
alokin123

Default picking up new focus

I am supposed to be picking up my new car on the weekend (Thai built Focus Sport).

I have never bought a new car before so has anyone got any advice on what i should expect (apart from a new car)? Things like how long would the cheque take to clear, how many KMs should be on the car, is it realistic to see the car before handing over the cheque etc...

alokin123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2012, 03:56 PM   #2
Stugots
2006 Focus LX Hatch

Default Re: picking up new focus

One thing you can be sure of is they won't hand you the keys unit all the funds have cleared.
  • Do a couple of laps around the car, open/close all the doors & windows
  • Look carefully at things like the headlight/tail light lenses (I found salt water spray stains inside a headlight)
  • Check the rims for gutter rash
  • Look for paint chips inside the door sils (I found one, dealer touched it up)
  • Ask the dealer if they have any tips or tricks about some of the features you mightn't be aware of (Global power windows was a nice surprise the dealer told me about when picking up.

From memory I had 50 or so Kms on the odometer.

Have you sorted out or negotiated any options? Sometimes the dealer will write up a note with special pricing for you to take to the spare parts dept for accessories you can fit yourself (floor mats, gearknobs etc...).

Then there's the usual stuff. Check the paint, panel fit but you should have a couple of weeks grace to come back with fit & finish issues.
Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2012, 04:12 PM   #3
entheos

Hey mate,

Make sure the cheque is a BANK CHEQUE on delivery. Otherwise you have to wait for a personal cheque to clear before the car is released.

Brenton will go over the car with you, and also before you arrive as I've seen him do many times with all his other clients.

The cars are delivered to us with anywhere from 1km to 75kms....why I don't and probably never will understand, however they don't usually have too many kms on them.

The new THAI sports look fantastic...new seats, new rear spoiler, reverse camera in the tailgate and new wheel styling!!
Old 07-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #4
WUB913

Whilst standing infront of your new vehicle with the salesmen ask them where you car is?? When he laughs and says "right infront of you" give him a serious look and explain in a dissapointed manner that you ordered a Sedan, not a hatch and watch there heart sink deep into abyss and fall into a panic.

Quickly tell him your joking before he/her starts to cry

On another note, check the Fuel Gauge for a full tank of fuel.

Goodluck
Old 08-08-2012, 09:52 AM   #5
entheos

Quote:
Originally Posted by WUB913
On another note, check the Fuel Gauge for a full tank of fuel.
Sure...if it was part of the deal originally...
Old 08-08-2012, 10:07 AM   #6
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by entheos
Sure...if it was part of the deal originally...
I remember when that went without saying, even on a used car. It's not worth fighting over anyway, because I'm guessing it would only be 91.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #7
alokin123

Quote:
The new THAI sports look fantastic...new seats, new rear spoiler, reverse camera in the tailgate and new wheel styling!!
I like the fact that it has a reverse camera though i am a bit perplexed and annoyed that it wont come with reversing sensors until the semptember build. Am i correct in saying the german build has the reverse sensors?
Old 08-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #8
entheos

Basically everything costs money. Sure it's a nice thing to do, but when you're getting hammered on price, then something's gotta give really... We all want the best deal, but when you don't want to pay anything for the car, then you can't get anything with it, right? $4700+ discount on the car... leave anything left for us to 'throw in' anything else... or even earn some money for doing the work for selling it???
Old 08-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #9
entheos

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokin123
I like the fact that it has a reverse camera though i am a bit perplexed and annoyed that it wont come with reversing sensors until the semptember build. Am i correct in saying the german build has the reverse sensors?
Correct. We're as mystified as you are....
Old 08-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #10
alokin123

Quote:
Correct. We're as mystified as you are....
The fact that the Titanium has the camera and the sensors is even more confusing. I wonder what the issue was that they couldnt get it in the Sport right from the start
Old 08-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #11
entheos

I can only image it was a programming thing...but also the Titanium deliveries have been delayed as well...