Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 06-02-2012, 03:42 PM   #1
Maxxii
Starter Motor

Default 1998 WF Fiesta ECU, how to check if it is good or broke.

I have a 1998 WF Fiesta with no injectors, timing or spark in the engine or fuel pump working. I have got to the point where I figure it is the ECU, but can anyone tell me how to check it to see if it is the ECU. Is there some test I can perform or do I need to get another one, hoping that is the correct item to replace. I have pulled out & checked the fuel pump & it still works. Please help!

Maxxii is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2012, 10:50 PM   #2
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: 1998 WF Fiesta ECU, how to check if it is good or broke.

Regarding the ECU... I bought a whole 98 Festiva once that was being wrecked for parts. In the boot I found a box of various electronic components, including what looked like an ECU.

Had a big Mitsubishi sticker on it. I can't 100% confirm that it came from the Festy, as I didn't dismantle the car. Just telling you this in case you go to the wreckers and get another ECU only to wonder why you were given a Mitsubishi one.

Cheers!
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post