Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 20-11-2011, 04:42 PM   #1
silverwqlx
Starter Motor

Default Aircon Issue

Hello,
Been a while since I posted anything probably due to the reliable nature of the my 3 door LX. I do have some issues now the first being the aircon doesn't seem to blow cold air...the 10A fuse is good and the button lights up but no refrigeration. I am thinking there is a gas leak or the compressor is gone. Just wondering if anyone has experienced a similar issue and if so what was the fix and the approximate cost ? Note the car has not been driven regularly for 3 months...was just sitting in the garage and warmed up now and then to keep the battery going. Would really appreciate the assistance !

silverwqlx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2011, 04:48 PM   #2
silverwqlx
Starter Motor

Default Re: Aircon Issue

Sorry just me again, the second issue is that I cannot open the bonnet...checked the latch connection inside the car and all appears to be ok there...is there some kind of emergency release ?
Old 20-11-2011, 06:08 PM   #3
Marquis 351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You might have to get a aircon person to check gas levels. and getting a bonnet open without doing serious damage when the bonnet pull wont work is rather likey. The cable may be broken at the latch.
Marquis 351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2011, 10:14 PM   #4
silverwqlx
Starter Motor

Thanks Marquis 351...checked on some Euro Ford sites and the bonnet issue appears to be a common thing across a number of models (probably due to the shared components). Short version is that getting under the car and locating the hinge mechanism was possible then 'assisting' the mechanism with a screwdriver freed the catch. Turns out the cable was intact, just needed to lube the mechanism. Am seeing an auto electrician tomorrow re the aircon...
Old 26-11-2011, 02:27 PM   #5
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

with the bonnet latch thing , i could be wrong here , but you here this complaint more often these days, something i have noticed on most of these modern cars, no one bothers to lube the bonnet locks/catch, once upon a time you got your car serviced , part of that service was door hinges,locks, bonnet, boot lid, even the throttlelink/cable got a squirt of oil or a dab of white grease, it`s surprising how a dab of grease or a squirt of oil or spray lubricant can take stress of components like bonnet release,locks,linkages, etc, sadly with the modern age of disposable parts, proper servicing seems to have gone out the window.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2011, 06:34 PM   #6
Caydus

An easy thing to do I'd guess is to just DIY. Get a bottle of WD40 and give the hinges a squirt every once in a while.
Caydus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2011, 07:59 PM   #7
ellwa

dont use WD

get a propper lubricant.
ellwa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2011, 08:14 PM   #8
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellwa
dont use WD

get a propper lubricant.
Very good point, you should remember WD-40 is a DEGREASER/cleaner etc. not a lubricant, as much as it feels like one and all. ;)

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post