Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 04-11-2011, 08:50 PM   #1
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Default Bluetooth Update

In case anyone missed it, update is via a clickable link within the Pdf, a Zip file, extract this to an empty USB stick. (unzipped is about 99megs):-

http://www.ford-mobile-connectivity....structions.pdf

Updating the Ford Bluetooth and multimedia system
Quote:
In order to be able to use the latest mobile phones and media players in your vehicle, they are continually tested for their compatibility with the Ford Bluetooth and multimedia system. In some cases it may be necessary to perform a software update for your Ford Bluetooth and multimedia system using a USB stick.

The update can take up to 20 minutes. Before starting the update process, ensure that the vehicle's battery is sufficiently charged. It is only possible to perform the update using a Ford Bluetooth handsfree system in conjunction with a USB connection. The update is not possible for the Ford KA.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2011, 08:56 PM   #2
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Bluetooth Update

OK, so how do you do this with the Ford head unit in the base (LX) model?
Old 04-11-2011, 10:57 PM   #3
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It appears you cannot unless you have a USB socket in the car.The USB acts like a hard drive and as the software is on the root directory it automatically runs when it gets power the radio looks for what ever extension the software accepts on the radio like e.g. .pdf or .zip etc

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2011, 03:24 PM   #4
mighty-mon

I have a MA Mondeo without a USB extension. Can Ford do this via their OBD/ IDS connection ??
mighty-mon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2011, 08:29 AM   #5
Mackspower

I tried doing this update on my new Titatnium hatch yestreday and it reported that is was already up to date. Build date is late June 2011 although this update is tagged October 2011 . . . must be long lead times from production floor usage to general public release schedule.

Thanks for the info though - wasn't aware Ford provided this support. Good on them.
Mackspower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2011, 09:57 AM   #6
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty-mon
I have a MA Mondeo without a USB extension. Can Ford do this via their OBD/ IDS connection ??
Interested in this option too and any estimated 'dealer costs'.
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 07:38 AM   #7
Mackspower

I was just reading some posts on this elsewhere and some are suggesting the bluetooth module (located behind the glovebox) has it's own USB port (mini-usb) and can be directly updated.

Some here may know more about this?
Mackspower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2011, 11:02 PM   #8
craigdmb
Starter Motor

Fantastic.... I was ready to throw the iPhone 4 out the Window. On both our 2009 Fez Zetec and 2011 MC Mondeo Zetec, the phones suddenly stopped working on IOS 5. APplied the update on both cars and all Bluetooth problems have vanished. It took about 20 minutes for each car. The cars now display track info when streaming via Bluetooth Wireless as well. Thanks to the poster of this information.
craigdmb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2011, 12:38 PM   #9
Ros5co
Zetec MC Hatch TDCi

I updated yesterday & unfortunately it has not overcome an issue I have with my Android based Garmin-ASUS A50 phone/GPS where the nav directions remain muted whilst connected to BT.

Apart from that the phone & directory work fine.
Ros5co is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2011, 10:37 PM   #10
wusyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ros5co
I updated yesterday & unfortunately it has not overcome an issue I have with my Android based Garmin-ASUS A50 phone/GPS where the nav directions remain muted whilst connected to BT.

Apart from that the phone & directory work fine.
Did you switch the car audio input to BT? When I use my Samsung Galaxy S for navigation, the prompts (together with music playing on the phone) come through via the car audio BT input.
Old 16-11-2011, 05:37 PM   #11
Ros5co
Zetec MC Hatch TDCi

Quote:
Did you switch the car audio input to BT? When I use my Samsung Galaxy S for navigation, the prompts (together with music playing on the phone) come through via the car audio BT input.
Thanks for the suggestion. No I hadn't tried that as I don't have music on my phone & there was a FAQ on the GARMIN-ASUS website stating it won't provide nav voice through the BT. Might still give it a go though & see.

Regardless Iv'e solved the problem & I'm not sure if the update actually did help. There is an option in my phone to turn off the feature to use media player for BT. I had tried turning this off prior to the update but it seemed to turn itself back on when connecting. I turned it off again on Monday following the update & so far it's stayed off & the voice is now working plus I can still use the BT to take calls.

Hope it stays like that.
Ros5co is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post