Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 26-06-2011, 09:18 PM   #1
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Default Farewell Mondeo

On Saturday 25 June, I picked up my new Territory Titanium TDCi RWD.

My brother's fiancée purchased the Mondeo on Thursday, so we handed over yesterday.

I have to admit that it was tinged with a little bit of sadness to see it drive away, as it was a very good car. I picked it up on 4 January 2008, and we did 64653 kms. The only issue I had with it was the rear window which used to drip water into the hatch, and that was sorted under warranty with a new window.

I averaged 633.8 kms between fill ups with an average fill up taking 53 litres. Leaving me with an average of 8.5 litres/100 kilometres. I am not unhappy with these figures. Most of my driving was to and from the CBD in peak hour, so it's not too bad.

Interestingly, the highest I paid in fuel was on 12/07/2008 when I paid $1.869 per litre of diesel, ouch. Lowest was $1.118 on 18/10/2009. Average fuel cost was $1.35 per litre.

I'll miss the Mondeo, and had a Midnight Sky Titanium wagon on order, but when we found out it was twins, the Mondeo had to make way for a larger car, hence the reason for the Territory.

There was another guy on here early on who got rid of his XR5 and wasn't happy about it at all. I'm the opposite, it was a great car, and has gone to a good home.

I'll check in here occasionally to see old friends and to comment when appropriate. Thanks for all your help, advice and exasperation at times. The free flow of ideas and comments is what makes this forum great.

There's a photo below of the new car.

p.s if anyone wants to buy some custom fitted water proof seat covers for the Mondeo, please PM me.

Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2011, 11:30 PM   #2
Allusion

Default Re: Farewell Mondeo

New Territory looks great Dusty, I hope it fills the Mondeos shoes and best of luck with the twins
Old 27-06-2011, 09:39 AM   #3
Mackspower

Congratulations Dusty1, that's a great looking vehicle. We were on the road to Melbourne/Sydney this week and saw a semi-trailer full of new Territories heading to Sydney. I guess some other lucky owners are going to be enjoying the new car buzz soon just like you.

Me . . . I've got six more weeks of wating for my new Mondeo Titanium hatch to arrive from Belgium.
Mackspower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2011, 06:47 PM   #4
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the tezza must be oooooooooge inside to have more room then a mondy??

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2011, 02:22 AM   #5
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Enjoy the Terri, they certainly stand out from the crowd now!

I've enjoyed your contributions to this forum over the last few years, drive safely.
Old 13-07-2011, 10:39 AM   #6
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Thanks NZ. I'll still drop in.

It is a change from the Mondeo, I miss the heated seats and also the auto down on the windows. It's wider and some of the interior is down on the Euro Fords, but for what I need it does it's job. The Midnight Sky Titanium wagon I ordered looks great, and if it wasn't for two coming instead of one, I'd be in that now. It was only circumstance that took me away from the Mondeo.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post