Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 05:05 PM   #91
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Brisbane New Speed Cameras, lower tolerance level!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudszy
Perhaps write paragraphs that aren’t 3000 words long and Ill try and read them
Please take your own advice!
Old 03-07-2011, 05:14 PM   #92
roberts
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

car speedo's are not calibrated to these systems, manufactures deam +10% or -10% to be in an acceptable range, so your speedo is just a reference point.
Police know this thats why they have the speedo in there cars calibrated.
I actually had a argument with a police office about his wife's car, she kept getting speeding fines and claimed she wasn't speeding, we tested there car with a GPS and she was right it was reading about 9% out meaning at 100 she was doing 109, he had tested it with a copper friend I guess using a radar on a back street and they got 108 when reading 100, I told him that there is alot of people in the same boat due to what the manufacture deems acceptable.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:14 PM   #93
sudszy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower
Please take your own advice!
???? so what's the longest paragraph Ive written here?
Old 03-07-2011, 05:20 PM   #94
sudszy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts
car speedo's are not calibrated to these systems, manufactures deam +10% or -10% to be in an acceptable range, so your speedo is just a reference point.
Police know this thats why they have the speedo in there cars calibrated.
I actually had a argument with a police office about his wife's car, she kept getting speeding fines and claimed she wasn't speeding, we tested there car with a GPS and she was right it was reading about 9% out meaning at 100 she was doing 109, he had tested it with a copper friend I guess using a radar on a back street and they got 108 when reading 100, I told him that there is alot of people in the same boat due to what the manufacture deems acceptable.
Please do some research on the facts here and the accuracy of speedos in the real world. Even with the laxer standards before 2006, actual testing of speedos revealed the chances of undereading were slim.
do you believe the speedo in your car will stay accurate for ever? or the engine never needs tuning?, that's why its the owner's repsonsibility to find out what it is doing.
Most people who have a speedo that undereads certainly know it, just by the how fast they are going compared to the rest of the traffic, if they have no idea and cant be bothered getting it checked then getting a ticket in the mail is their price to pay instead, sounds fair to me.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:25 PM   #95
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

03/07/2011..The missus and I went for a drive from Briz to Noosa and back today..320km return trip. We saw only one motorcycle cop, the whole trip.Too much dependence is on revenue cameras. A patrol car or bike is more likely to reduce speeding than a revenue camera. but visible presence doesn't doesn't raise revenue. They need to stop being defacto tax collectors..off my soap box!!!!!
Old 03-07-2011, 05:45 PM   #96
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Quote:
You can not interpet that from the stats you have looked at, that data only shows you the number of accidents per age group, not the percentage. No doubt they have that information buried somewhere, but comparing outright numbers on that data says nothing about which groups are more accident prone. Best to rely on the info they actually publish on the same site:

Despite a large reduction in Victoria's road toll since 1989, the 18 to 25 year age group remains vastly over-represented in road trauma statistics. In their first year of driving, young Victorians are almost four times more likely to be involved in a fatal or serious injury crash than more experienced drivers.
While 18 to 25 year olds represent around 14% of licenced drivers, they accounted for approximately 28% of all drivers killed on Victoria's roads.
http://www.tacsafety.com.au/jsp/cont...ull&pageID=209

which of course confirms those that who have most recently received their licence are more likely to crash and in no way supports your claims that yearly licence testing will achieve anything.
Of course it does, because the percentage increase/decrease or 'no change' proves nothing in any statistical analysis right?

You really do just like to irritate people don't you?

Here's a clue...seeing as you can't see it...

Someone who is 25 has had their licence for 7 YEARS...not a NEW driver by any stretch of the imagination. Why on earth would some retesting not benefit them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudzy
What do you suggest, gold stars for keeping within the speed limit given out by policeman saying “ have a nice day”.

Or by the same token, where’s my jelly bean?, I haven’t killed anyone today. Do people really need rewards to do the right thing?

This is supposedly the adult world, not afterschool care. Vic already offers a discount on licence renewal if you are point free, big whoop, not even worth half any road fine. What else can you do, make licence renewal cost a couple of grand and refund the difference at the end of the year if there are no infringements......at the end of the day what is the difference between that and giving out fines in the first place.
Are you sure it's not after school care - some of the responses you've given in a variety of posts are fitting for a school yard slanging match...

You know what, I've probably given you more time than you deserve, without having to sit through one more of your 'belittling' posts...

If you're not aware of 'human nature' which clearly you don't seem to be - all things in life need rewards, regardless of whether your 2 or 102. Why would you do anything for nothing?

That's the society we've become Sudzy, best embrace it like everyone else hey?

Or do we just let everyone walk all over us for the rest of our lives and tell us in the said 'democracy' what we can and can't do and how we should live our lives? I guess I best start digging my grave now, because it will be a cold day in hell before I let some trumped up bureaucrat tell me what I can and can't do...

Quote:
Why isn’t changing jobs an option, are we committed for life for the same job?, Im not going to put my life on line for the sake of a job. If everyone has the same mindset, there will still be the same number of jobs to go around and we’d all be travelling only 10-15mins a day. Should the roads be that dangerous, no, but given that they are, Im not going to risk my neck for a job.
Well you best start packing your bags, that was Melbourne...

Quote:
Are you suggesting that I claim there are no other problems on the road?
the problem of speed deserves attention and would be negligent not to enforce it.
No you do not have a point, that’s if the point is not enforcing speed limits just because there are also other causes as to why vehicles crash.
Of course there are, except you only seem to want to smack everyone on the wrists for being bad citizens - fine them, take more money, but never teach any lessons at all - because you're not 'teaching' anything - you're instilling fear, and we've seen that work so effectively in the past haven't we.

Quote:
Perhaps write paragraphs that aren’t 3000 words long and Ill try and read them, there was something about hr holdens with rusty ball joints? and people in my demographic driving them? You want me to respond to nonsense like that, yeh the roads are just full of crusty old people driving derelict hr holdens......not.
We read your posts, even though some seem very one-eyed and not very well thought out, it's a pity you don't understand what common courtesy is to do the same. Or is your opinion the only one that matters?

Continually I see threads that you are involved in devolve into some childish school yard tit for tat, it's ridiculous.

If you've been driving for longer than most of us have been alive, then that's all the more reason why you should understand the words RESPECT for others.

Once again I find it incredibly humorous that you only respond to what you feel you can pick fault with...

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
Old 03-07-2011, 05:50 PM   #97
sudszy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sezzy
Of course it does, because the percentage increase/decrease or 'no change' proves nothing in any statistical analysis right?

You really do just like to irritate people don't you?

Here's a clue...seeing as you can't see it...

Someone who is 25 has had their licence for 7 YEARS...not a NEW driver by any stretch of the imagination. Why on earth would some retesting not benefit them?

Are you sure it's not after school care - some of the responses you've given in a variety of posts are fitting for a school yard slanging match...

You know what, I've probably given you more time than you deserve, without having to sit through one more of your 'belittling' posts...

If you're not aware of 'human nature' which clearly you don't seem to be - all things in life need rewards, regardless of whether your 2 or 102. Why would you do anything for nothing?

That's the society we've become Sudzy, best embrace it like everyone else hey?

Or do we just let everyone walk all over us for the rest of our lives and tell us in the said 'democracy' what we can and can't do and how we should live our lives? I guess I best start digging my grave now, because it will be a cold day in hell before I let some trumped up bureaucrat tell me what I can and can't do...

Well you best start packing your bags, that was Melbourne...

Of course there are, except you only seem to want to smack everyone on the wrists for being bad citizens - fine them, take more money, but never teach any lessons at all - because you're not 'teaching' anything - you're instilling fear, and we've seen that work so effectively in the past haven't we.

We read your posts, even though some seem very one-eyed and not very well thought out, it's a pity you don't understand what common courtesy is to do the same. Or is your opinion the only one that matters?

Continually I see threads that you are involved in devolve into some childish school yard tit for tat, it's ridiculous.

If you've been driving for longer than most of us have been alive, then that's all the more reason why you should understand the words RESPECT for others.
In their first year of driving, young Victorians are almost four times more likely to be involved in a fatal or serious injury crash than more experienced drivers.....that would be people who have recently sat a licence test, would it not?

No, none of the blithering insults you have provided above change this fact, or provide any objective evidence that yearly licence tests will achieve anything.

Last edited by sudszy; 03-07-2011 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:55 PM   #98
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Quote:
In their first year of driving, young Victorians are almost four times more likely to be involved in a fatal or serious injury crash than more experienced drivers.

No, none of the blithering insults you have provided above change this fact.
Ummm....proves what?

So, 'in their first year of driving' they are 19,20,21,22,23,24 AND 25??

Wow, I think I need to go back to school and learn some more, as far as I was aware that was physically impossible...which is probably why when I gave my stats, they were sectioned out from 18-21, 21-25, etc...not the 18-25 that you have so carefully grouped together to suit your argument and agree with statistical evidence...

No blithering insults just COLD HARD FACTS...

And if you actually bothered the read IN FULL my suggestions for licence retesting it might actually be a little more understandable for you...but clearly, it would appear that once again - you have not bothered to show your fellow forum members the respect that we show you...

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez

Last edited by SEZ213; 03-07-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:28 PM   #99
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Please do some research on the facts here and the accuracy of speedos in the real world. Even with the laxer standards before 2006, actual testing of speedos revealed the chances of undereading were slim.
do you believe the speedo in your car will stay accurate for ever? or the engine never needs tuning?, that's why its the owner's repsonsibility to find out what it is doing.
Most people who have a speedo that undereads certainly know it, just by the how fast they are going compared to the rest of the traffic, if they have no idea and cant be bothered getting it checked then getting a ticket in the mail is their price to pay instead, sounds fair to me.
What ever your agenda is im getting sick of it.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
Closed Thread