Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 19-05-2011, 01:23 PM   #1
spebgtsprint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Angry AFF member - Beware!

Well guys & girls, I don't really like posting this thread up here but I feel like there is now no other option.

Back in January this year I found a set of AJR mag wheels & tyres on the AFF For Sale section. Rang the AFF member "badefghia' and discussed a selling price and finalised the deal for $1100.

As I live in Perth and he lives in the Doncaster/Box Hill suburbs in Melbourne, I arranged for him to take the wheels off the car and arrange for my mate who lives nearby in Donvale, to pick them up off him within a couple of weeks.

Leeroy (the "seller") sounded like a good bloke and after a lengthy conversation, I direct deposited $1100 into his bank account.

And that is where it has all turned to custard..........

I don't have the wheels and I don't have my money.............

To cut a long story short, he apparently sold the car with MY WHEELS still on it a couple of weeks later, and failed to return my money.......

Many unanswered phone calls later I really smelt a rat.

After 2 months of no joy, I had a holiday booked in Melbourne, I decided to report the matter to Doncaster Police. They were given all the details/proof of transaction etc. and managed to contact Leeroy - badefghia. He gave them a sob story that he no longer had the wheels, had sold the car, wasn't working, had no money etc etc but would start paying the money back when he could.

Police gave him a time limit which has well and truly expired. Oh yeah, he has deposited two lots of $100 into my bank account. But that's it after over 4 months and that's all I'm apparently getting.

Updated police yesterday and they are going to "look into further" but I am starting to give up hope.

If anybody has had dealings with this individual and know where he lives, please PM me.

Cheers
Colin

XR8 SPRINT
FREE HO
MERC C55 AMG
AUDI A4

Last edited by russellw; 19-05-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 19-05-2011, 01:26 PM   #2
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have you tried contacting the admins to help you out?

Last edited by russellw; 19-05-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old 19-05-2011, 01:28 PM   #3
spebgtsprint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled
Have you tried contacting the admins to help you out?
Yes I have mate.

Spoolman has really been helpful but alas he doesnt have Leeroy's (badefghia) actual address.

XR8 SPRINT
FREE HO
MERC C55 AMG
AUDI A4

Last edited by russellw; 19-05-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old 19-05-2011, 01:32 PM   #4
|Nate
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Truly bad luck mate, I hope (eventually) that bastard repays the money. Or the Police put more pressure on him to pay up.
There is no excuse for that kind of thievery.

Last edited by russellw; 19-05-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old 19-05-2011, 07:21 PM   #5
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

I have reinstated this thread (slightly edited) both as a warning to others and in the hope that someone here will have had some dealings with this individual and know where he is.

It is unfortunate when this happens within this community and thankfully it is a rare occasion compared to the number of transactions there are but it undermines those who do do the right thing and those who abuse the privilege need to be held accountable.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Closed Thread