Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-08-2010, 06:12 PM   #61
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
somewhere in the middle would probably be fine, but i get what you are doing aand for what its worth, i'm an honest person and have never done it myself.
I'm actually glad to hear that! LOL!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2010, 08:15 PM   #62
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik351
I've been there to pick up packages of p--n

vik... Cant wait to get home eh...???
Off topic here, but Vik... I'm, wondering why on earth do you refer to yourself in the 3rd person in a post. Its a bit odd..... Funny but odd...... or is that the desired effect?
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2010, 07:00 AM   #63
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
I like self serve checkouts, but on principle I won't use them, have a look at your local supermarket, its an army of teenagers running the joint with lots of them on checkout.

10 years time, we'll have no army of teens running the place, just self serve checkouts who which if you try to start a conversation with them, they don't respond haha.
You should hear me when I'm near one of those things with my 4yr old daughter. I wont let her within 2 feet of it because she always manages to set off the "unidentified item in bagging area" or "item removed from bagging area" alerts by reaching for the change she knows is soon to come out or simply just grabbing the items i've placed down.

We always use them in Big W, never at any grocery store though.

I don't mind the post office delays. Only one I dislike is passport applications & photos to go with it but that has only happened twice this year. That's a fair delay.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:42 AM   #64
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADED6
You should hear me when I'm near one of those things with my 4yr old daughter. I wont let her within 2 feet of it because she always manages to set off the "unidentified item in bagging area" or "item removed from bagging area" alerts by reaching for the change she knows is soon to come out or simply just grabbing the items i've placed down.
Mate, my daughter's exactly the same. I let her empty the basket or sit in the trolley and hand the stuff to me.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2010, 07:01 PM   #65
huggiebear
Mr. Multiple Projects

my brother recently ordered a item off ebay for his gf's birthday. after days and days of it not arriving i receive a sms from another forums member on here who i know quite well... she said she had a package for my brother.. i found it quite strange as my brother doesnt really know her too well. when the package was dropped off it clicked how it happened. well my brother lives on hilltop crt, and this other forum member lives on hillcrest crt, both the same suburb and the same house number. its by extreme freak coincidence that the package got delivered and she knew who it was for. she said she never had to sign anything (was ment to be registered post) and not even the same street and is about 20k's from each other.. if it had been any other person i dont think we would have had that package passed on.

i think its shithouse how aus post works, not only the delivery people but the way the stores are run as per original post.

like what are the chances of it getting sent to the wrong address and the person actually knowing the person its ment to be sent too..

much respect for the person on the forum who passed it on.
2004 Forester Turbo
2006 Corolla Wagon BLAAAAAAACK
huggiebear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post