Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-08-2010, 06:39 PM   #31
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey

i also find sometimes its as much about the attitude of the customer as it is the dealer. treat people how i like to be treated works pretty well for me.
Agreed and generally it is true, but you know what? There are some Ford dealers where that just doesn't work and that is the problem.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2010, 08:46 PM   #32
turbojetboy

I am not in the slightest bit surprised by this result, just have aread of my ongoing saga with Holdens!

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11304520
Old 04-08-2010, 09:05 PM   #33
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie muscle
why wait? as long as it's serviced to Ford spec, they have to fulfill their warranty obligations.
truth be told, warranty runs out by the time the next service happens anyway.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:55 PM   #34
metallurg

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
my ford dealer (wayne phillis - reynella) is fantastic. never charges full price, has even done a couple of freebies (machine discs) and gave me a loan car free of charge (normally $40/day) when my bf2 had the frnt timing seal replaced.
Mazda have supplied me a loan car free of charge every single time I've had warranty work done and for the 40k service for that matter - has anyone found a Ford dealer who does that?

Disclaimer: As I said previously, I'm seriously considering an XR6 as my next car.

Last edited by metallurg; 04-08-2010 at 11:07 PM.
metallurg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2010, 12:51 AM   #35
GTENVY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Despite the 'small' amount of people surveyed it is just confirming what we as a whole have been talking about for years. Yet to buy brand new, had a second hand AUII XR8 ute that still had warranty and do you think the dealer could fix the tail shaft vibration... nup. Had the drivers electric window switch replaced as part of a recall, picked the car up and found it with a smashed high beam light, do you think they accepted blame or mentioned they had broken it and would replace it.... nup, had to argue with them about it for a two days before they fixed it.

Not sure if I want to buy a new Ford or not to be honest.

Live, Love, RACE

SOLD: AU III XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
cars are to be driven, ornaments are to be looked at. the two should never be confused.
GTENVY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post