Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Closed Thread

Old 20-06-2010, 08:45 PM   #1
rollsy

Default why do I need 25 points to post in sales section?

So i couldnt Find an offtopics section but I'm sure if I have placed this in the wrong spot it will be moved. :-)
I dont understand why i need to make 25 posts before I am able to advertise my vehicle on this site. I became a member to sell my ute that I have been un-able to sell for the last few months. I dont really have any useful knowledge on fords apart from this one not giving me any trouble since I have owned it. So why do i need to make 25 crappy response's on threads so I can possibly make one of the valuable members of this forum happy by them getting a new car anyway!!!!!????

People thoughts?

cheers
rollsy

Old 20-06-2010, 08:48 PM   #2
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Main reason that before the rule was made, we had people who just joined the forums just to use the free advertising. If you contribute to the forums then you can adverise for free ....... and no, crappy posts do not count.

Carsales and ebay are your best options.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 20-06-2010, 08:54 PM   #3
rollsy

this doesnt make sense? and why was it moved here? I was after people opinions on it. Wouldnt they rather be able to view more vehicles/parts etc in the for sale section? Its giving them more options?

Old 20-06-2010, 09:01 PM   #4
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

The for sales forums are provided as a service for contributing members (ie those that have a genuine interest in the general ford community) to sell the odd item here or there to like minded enthusiasts.
They are NOT provided as an alternative to other 'for sales' sites. There are plenty of those on the internet, and we are comfortably sure that many of the members here also know of their existence (and quite likely to check them out when they are wanting to buy / sell).
In short, AFF is primarily focused on discussion of all things Ford, and is NOT, nor never will be an internet based trading website.
Old 20-06-2010, 09:04 PM   #5
Kryton

This isnt the place to come and free load.
If you want to use this solely to sell your wares and then bugger off - use Ebay or some other forum.

This is a community and us such we share our passion, we arent here to make a quick buck off other members, thats not what its about, which is why YOU need to make an effort before you can use the for sale section.

Btw, if you cant sell your car, its probably because you want too much for it.
Closed Thread