Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-04-2010, 08:53 AM   #1
MR.BA.GT.332
Now in the quad cam zone

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all his work in the project section. Awesome effort. 
Default hit & run mongrels - gold coast area

hey gang

was awoken this morning at around 8:20am by the sound of squealing tyres and the crunch of a car hitting something.

Dived outta bed & raced out the front of the house only to find my mums VY commodore wagon has been hit in the rear and to mongrel has taken off.... we park our cars on the street.

My mother said she seen the car but didnt get the rego, but car is a Laser and now has busted headlight, blinker and missing a full intact grill (which i will now offload on ebay as a bitter sweet thing :thebirds: ) and the laser is white in colour with possible bonnet damage too.

Mum is heading to the police station to file a report and the damage isnt HUGE to the commodore, but still its an insurance job to fix which is just a cost and PITA we dont need right now.

So please, if anyone sees a white laser (can someone possibly identify the model from a grill pic?) around the parkwood/southport/nerang etc surrounding areas that looks like its had recent damage or if you can help in anyway, please PM me with info.

cheers
MR460

edit: showed mum photos of lasers, she said it looks like a KH model Laser

"BARNEY" 2003 BA GT #332, Phantom, Boss 290, FR20 Simmons. XYZ Brakes - 355mm Rotors - 8piston Front Calipers & 4piston Rear More Mods soon!!

Last edited by MR.BA.GT.332; 07-04-2010 at 09:06 AM.
MR.BA.GT.332 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2010, 10:25 AM   #2
76ZG
Rock n Roll!

Well that sucks, dude.

I'll keep an eye out.

Jase.
76ZG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2010, 10:27 AM   #3
Gaz
Got Ghia?

Go for a drive around, it the damage was enough to damage their radiator good chance the car is on the road side a few km's away.
Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2010, 11:19 AM   #4
MR.BA.GT.332
Now in the quad cam zone

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all his work in the project section. Awesome effort. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz
Go for a drive around, it the damage was enough to damage their radiator good chance the car is on the road side a few km's away.
yeh we hoping it caught the huge towbar mum has on it for the caravan, that thing like a target cause is the 2nd time now the rear of the commo been hit. But im about to leave for work so will again have my eyes peeled.

We filed a police report too and the insurance claim filed, $600 excess mum now gotta pay too, great way to start a day...

"BARNEY" 2003 BA GT #332, Phantom, Boss 290, FR20 Simmons. XYZ Brakes - 355mm Rotors - 8piston Front Calipers & 4piston Rear More Mods soon!!
Old 07-04-2010, 06:27 PM   #5
Mad Maxine

I would suspect that the offender lives very close you your home in a back street and not a main road. Chances are, they live locally if that's the case. I'd also pop in to the local panelbeater shops and ask if they could take note if a vehicle with damage answering your description comes into their shop!

Shazz

1977 XC GS Coupe
Mad Maxine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2010, 06:02 PM   #6
MR.BA.GT.332
Now in the quad cam zone

Well, justice been served!! On my way home from work last night, I spotted the car in my street, he lived 5 doors up. Got the regi, photos and left a nice note, then contacted police who paid him a visit this morning and mums insurance company chasing him up now also.

His excuse to the police was he was putting his teeth in and he was running late for his court date!!! Apparently he's known to the police s bit too... The idiot even left his car out on his front lawn!!! All I can say is karmas a ********** :-)

Old 08-04-2010, 06:13 PM   #7
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_460bigblock
His excuse to the police was he was putting his teeth in and he was running late for his court date!!!
WTF?

jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2010, 06:15 PM   #8
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Glad to see that justice was served BigBlock.....
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2010, 08:01 PM   #9
MR.BA.GT.332
Now in the quad cam zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
WTF?

Yeh that's what I said!!! Lol oh yeh, he also said the sun got in his eyes... The road direction is north... Last I knew the sun rose in the east and by 8:00am i think I smelt bs by the time we got told that lol... Bloody weirdo

Old 08-04-2010, 08:06 PM   #10
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_460bigblock
Well, justice been served!! On my way home from work last night, I spotted the car in my street, he lived 5 doors up. Got the regi, photos and left a nice note, then contacted police who paid him a visit this morning and mums insurance company chasing him up now also.

His excuse to the police was he was putting his teeth in and he was running late for his court date!!! Apparently he's known to the police s bit too... The idiot even left his car out on his front lawn!!! All I can say is karmas a ********** :-)
: good result mate, oh and welcome to QLD sorry it started off bad though
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2010, 08:20 PM   #11
Sam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Love it, good ending.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2010, 08:36 PM   #12
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A good ending, but it wasn't karma. Only justice.

Makes me wonder how people like that even have a license.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2010, 08:45 PM   #13
Krytox
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

good read!

But I'm concerned..well maybe concerned about myself, I almost know every car in our 1km long street weather its in a garage or not.

5 doors down should be at least a wave when you see em, or am i just a bit too nosey?

good outcome tho, congrats!
Old 13-04-2010, 11:52 PM   #14
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
A good ending, but it wasn't karma. Only justice.
'Cause justice is the one thing you should always find, you gotta saddle up your boys, you gotta draw a hard line.

Welcome to QLD, great to hear things have turned out for your mum
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post