Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 21-02-2010, 11:04 PM   #1
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Default Britex Cleaner Road Test on the AU

Picked up another (to join the sedan and ute) AU that has had a hard life as a plumbers wagon. Would say it hasn't had a well cared for life bit of an understatement but really was too good to pass up. Had a blown head gasket (everthing else from brakes, trans etc in good nic) and instead of stuffing around with it just got a very low K engine and did a heart transplant.

Any way needed a hell of a clean and decided to hire one of those steam cleaners from Safeway to see how they perform on something that hasn't been cleaned for 10 years.

The great thing about AU's in cleaning the interior is that 15 minutes seats are out ... and if you could be bothered, another 6 bolts and 1 screw and the console would be out leaving an empty shell ... great way to do it let me tell you!

Car seats have been on since new ..... but the seats were badly stained (not asking with what!!!)

Anyways, picked up the Britex steam cleaner $32.00 for 4 hours .... paid the extra $8.00 for the carpet cleaner, the extra $8.00 for the upholstery cleaner (Just use the carpet cleaner ... couldn't see the difference), the extra $8.00 for the defoamer ..... (started to think WTF at this stage) .... the extra $5.00 for the upholstery cleaner attachment (this is a must as the long one they give you is useless for cars ... but really now thinking WTF!!)

After the first few goes (Wind the seat flat on the ground and is very easy to do) could instantly see the black water being sucked up. Was amazed with how quick things got clean! Gave them 2 good goes and came up way better than expected (hence the little write up). Ended up washing everything I could get my hands on .... dog wouldn't stand still long enough though.

Stuck the seats in the sun for 1/2 hour to dry and then 15 minutes after that, seats were in and the floor was dry.

Interior is brand new again ....... really came out well and very happy with the result. Would recommend these to anyone. Worst part was picking the thing up and dropping off but fits in the boot no probs and all the extras you need. You use such a small amount of the cleaning stuff. Least I have enough 'Solution' for another few goes!

While I had it thought I would do the BA as well ...... they do make a hell of a mess when the seats are in. Be prepared for water to go everywhere ......

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2010, 11:09 PM   #2
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It looks like someone had a "really bad accident" in one of those seats ...... if you know what I mean (didn't quite make it to the can).

Good work. Came up great. Big thumbs up from me.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2010, 11:20 PM   #3
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

yer J.C. you and the mrs's didn't own this did ya

Wow that Britex works damn good !
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2010, 11:31 PM   #4
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

....... didn't even want to think was on the seats :( The car seat covers were black and were well used to say the least and I think did most of the staining. Don't know if car seats are better or worse in the long run.

| [/url] |

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 21-02-2010, 11:43 PM   #5
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217
yer J.C. you and the mrs's didn't own this did ya

!
"eeyyyyyy! Don't go there Maurie!
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2010, 12:01 AM   #6
xrford
WAGONE

thats come up a treat!
xrford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2010, 12:18 AM   #7
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

wow auslandau that looks really really good. Well done! Did you do the door cards too?
Old 22-02-2010, 12:22 AM   #8
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Didn't do the door cards ... they were pretty clean after a quick wipe over. The cleaner won't work on a hard curved surface .... just makes a mess with the water as I tried doing the wheel arches (wagon) and just didn't work.

| [/url] |

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 22-02-2010, 01:12 AM   #9
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

geez that come up well, nice job.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post