Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 09:49 PM   #31
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

I heard recently of a guy that received a ticket on the M1 in QLD for 126 in 110 zone. He ended up taking it to court and getting off by downloading the info out of his satnav which gave him exact location, time, speed.
It showed him doing under the limit and the judge canned the ticket.
Most of the newer units can do this apparently. How it was explained was when you receive a speeding fine it is always alleged that you are doing that speed and you have to prove you weren't. GPS is 100% correct. So if you have one of these units you can access this info leave it on all the time.

Anyone else heard of this happening?

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Old 07-09-2009, 09:51 PM   #32
Fi.ES.TA

I see it every day all the way up the bruce to gympie
central median getting both lanes of traffic.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:22 PM   #33
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76txcoupe
Hopefully the petty fights and nitpicking stops now.

And pigs may one day grow wings and become angels showering us with high octane fuel and beach babes just waiting to open a bottle of brew while we watch our favorite show.

Actually I think there is more chance of that happeneing

Quote:
Originally Posted by torbirdie
Cars speed up going down hills, thanks for that, but Im puzzled as to why we shouldnt enforce speed limits down hills. If we can get pinned for doing 65km/h in a 60km/h zone on the flat why not on a downhill section where it is inherently more difficult to stop and manoeuvre.

Going downhill increases stopping distance markedly for the same speed, a gradient of only 5 degrees will increase stopping distances by 10%. Hardly a reason to justify larger speeds on downhill sections.

I don't recall anyone here justifying speeding, this is nothing to do with justification but everything t do with common sense which you seem to lack any of, you forgot to take your pills again didn't you??

Quote:
Originally Posted by torbirdie
Certainly, most are strong advocates for driver concentration and attention.....if a driver doesnt notice they are going down an incline , they really need help(an inclinometer perhaps) or perhaps shouldnt have got a licence in the 1st place.

no speed cameras at bottom of hills, if they can put pedestrian crossings and intersections there, why not.

Wrong, if a driver doesn't realise they are going downhill then they may have an inner ear issue.

And, if they can put unisex toilets on airplanes, then why don't they have them hooked up to the inflight entertainment?? why not?? I know I'd fly more often, in fact I may even get a job as a flight attendant.

You either don't live in Victoria or you are as I stated previously quite possibly a parking inspector or possibly, just perhaps, a speed camera operator even, hmm definitely speed dialing the lynch mob now.

Victoria has a zero tolerance policy on speeding, which we all agree with, not one person either on here or that resides in the greatest state in this fair land, VICTORIA VICTORIA, would argue that. However when even as little as 1km'h will end up seeing a fine on it's way via Aussie post, it is actually a law, that's right A LAW, that states that speed detection devices shall not be used on roads where the road has greater than a certain decline/incline.

IT'S THE LAW

Trouble is many of our fine upstart citizens who operate these devices that should be thrown overboard with a bucket of chum on a "fishing" trip, sorry I meant slipped while they were trying to grapple the fish and got taken up by the shark that was following said fish, take it upon themselves to "bend" the rules, perhaps a momentary lapse of memory was to blame. Thing is unless they get pulled up on it, they will keep doing it, end of story, and if you agree with these practices then maybe you'd like to come fishing with me sometime.

the next lesson will be how to "restrain" one of these attacking pests without any consequence to yourselves
Old 07-09-2009, 11:03 PM   #34
torbirdie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTR
I don't recall anyone here justifying speeding, this is nothing to do with justification but everything t do with common sense which you seem to lack any of, you forgot to take your pills again didn't you??
Common sense? if its inherently more dangerous to be speeding downhill why not target that area. If its only drivers who are half asleep or those zillions of drivers with inner ear problems that cant read a speedo and who cant control their speed, then we get two menaces with the one stone.

Your logic seems not unlike those that complain about breathalysers being putting near pubs.

I couldnt find any regs that talked about hills, perhaps you can guide me to them, and/or state what is the actual minimum gradient for which we apparently have open speed limits?
Old 07-09-2009, 11:16 PM   #35
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTR
And pigs may one day grow wings and become angels showering us with high octane fuel and beach babes just waiting to open a bottle of brew while we watch our favorite show.

Actually I think there is more chance of that happeneing
Ah geez!! Too right!
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:17 PM   #36
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Thought I read the title correct ............ Speed camera threads getting shirtier!
Speed camera thread #407 gone to pot.

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread