Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 31-08-2009, 11:28 AM   #1
rp007

Smile Focus Cabriolet - Remote locking.

Hi All,

Just need some advice re a remote key malfunction on a Focus Cabriolet. Changed the battery but no luck. Dropped it off for service this morning to be told "may need reprogramming" at my expense?? How does a key loose its memory?? Should this be warranty??

As an aside we have the first manual Focus Cab in the country, Jan 08. Our roof intermittently decides it is not going to work and windows do not close. Has anyone else experienced this issue. Unlike poor Simone (Post earlier this month) our problems have only been minor.

Cheers,

Roger.

rp007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2009, 12:22 PM   #2
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hah, at least your roof works intermittantly! Mine never opens....

...oh wait, I dont have a convertible...
Old 31-08-2009, 12:45 PM   #3
Tj-zetec
Knows nothing. Apparently

Quote:
Originally Posted by leakey

I got an oxy torch that'll fix that.

I should imagine it'd be a warranty repair. Unless of course you've been swimming with the key in your pocket, in which case they'd sting you for a new key fob.

And the roof should definately be a warranty fix, you lay down 40 large + on a drop top you'd expect the bloody thing to work.

I suspect it may be the key. If it's not working correct it could effect the 'global lock' feature. For example, if you hold the lock key on your car it will close the windows (s**** huh?) then, while they are closing, if you press the button again they will stop.

Now if your key fob is miss behaving, it could have the same effect as accidently pushing the button again.

Just my $0.02.

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Check out the build over here
Tj-zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2009, 03:37 AM   #4
simone
Starter Motor

Roger have had the same issues, my car is also a 2008. Yes i was also told that i must have dropped the keys,my issue was pre-service delivery was not done. interesting concept considering i purchased the car 1 week prior, and my husband had the other key. yes yes you have every right to expect this service without charge. I have also had problems with the hood, if your under warranty go for it! This car costs a lot. wish you the best!
simone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2009, 03:41 AM   #5
simone
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by leakey

Leaky,

this forum as i have been told again and again is for positive information. you show your true colours. No need to be smart!!!!
Old 01-09-2009, 03:56 AM   #6
simone
Starter Motor

Default tj-zetec

tj-zetec
yes you are correct rogers car should be under warranty.
what cracks me is the other information you give him?
You have no idea about the focus cab and now its documented on the web!!!
Go figure, Have fun explaining!!

QUOTE=Tj-zetec]I got an oxy torch that'll fix that.

I should imagine it'd be a warranty repair. Unless of course you've been swimming with the key in your pocket, in which case they'd sting you for a new key fob.

And the roof should definately be a warranty fix, you lay down 40 large + on a drop top you'd expect the bloody thing to work.

I suspect it may be the key. If it's not working correct it could effect the 'global lock' feature. For example, if you hold the lock key on your car it will close the windows (s**** huh?) then, while they are closing, if you press the button again they will stop.

Now if your key fob is miss behaving, it could have the same effect as accidently pushing the button again.

Just my $0.02.[/QUOTE]
Old 01-09-2009, 12:25 PM   #7
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

I will be watching this thread, as others with simone in them have turned into fests.

Please try to keep this one civil, else ill just delete it, simple as that.

Simone, you would be best to try not to abuse other members as you have done previously.

Just because something is said on a forum, has nothing to do with anything being documented on the web.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:14 PM   #8
Tj-zetec

Fordel, You got mail.

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Old 01-09-2009, 02:41 PM   #9
Tj-zetec

http://www.fordcabrioletclub.co.uk/forums/

These guys might be able to help. Unfortunately, not being a huge seller out here, there's not too many cabs on our forum.