Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-08-2005, 12:14 AM   #1
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Oh God Not Again (Sorry For The Rant)

guys, sorry , just had to post this, i have a friend whos mad about commodores, n hes the type of guy who beilives in every commodore is faster then a ford, anyways he owns this VS with pacey's and exhuast, hes jumping up for joy at this party i went to on sat night telling me how he buff'd a AUXR8 "limited edition" (such thing?) in the city(melb), and mind u, it was in flinders ST and he got up to 140km/h.... he goes, we both got wheel spin, and his VS caught and just took off, and he beilvies if he had better tyres, that would of made the auxr8's chance slimmer(both were auto's)...this just makes me sick, now why do i have to have friends who beilive this kind of crap that commo's r gods, now i beilive the xr8 guy, wood of had it in D, and backed off at umm maybe 40?? 140km.h down flinders, dear god, expect me to beilive that...anyways i had my 2 cents, coudnt convince him that the guy was obviously not trying or wasnt gearing...coz he had his girlfriend (who didnt care bout ford or holden b4 he met her) say how good it was and how ford's are slow in every model they make....AHH HAHAHAAHAHAHAA.

i opologize for this rant (plz move to correct thread if its posted in the incorrect one) just had to get it off my chest.

- Grechie

(P.S, wot a dick head racing down in a public area flinders st melb, and if it was to 140km (1/4 roughly) the xr8 would of had him for breakfest)

Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Grechie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2005, 12:19 AM   #2
LUXO_8
windsor user

ahem... choose better friends........
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2005, 12:20 AM   #3
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

You have to bring them all along to our next AFF drag meet.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2005, 01:02 AM   #4
gtfpv
GT

tell him to go to bathurst for a drive and just whatch the cars there giving short squirts on the track . it isn't hard to tell what sounds better and acceleration comparisons. but on 2nd thought . don't tell him because he will probably smoke up the fence at the side of the road.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2005, 01:41 AM   #5
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
ahem... choose better friends........
I agree, don't hang out with king size retreads...
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2005, 01:42 AM   #6
K_Man
Whoa, this is heavy!

I feel your pain, i have a friend(?) who used to drive a VN that constantly gives me crap that Holden are better, and that i should of bought a Calais/SS. No matter what i say to him, he just will not accept that Ford are any good. Happens mainly around other people just to arc me up. I dont care, i bought my car because that's the best car that fell into my price range, simple as that.

These people are not what i would label 'car enthusiasts' because they are so narrow minded to what cars they like. I'll appreciate a decent Holden, when it's obvious that the owner has put a lot of effort into it. I wish a lot of ****er Holden drivers would do the same with Fords, although this is what makes them ****ers in the first place. *Sigh* Just give up now mate. Some people are just f**knuts.
Old 18-08-2005, 11:26 AM   #7
purrrnlazer1999

i all ways get dick heas in commys pulling up bside u at the lights thinking they r heros racing every ford at the traffic lights i just putt off and let em drive off like a dick head its so funny to watch lol
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2005, 11:30 AM   #8
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrrnlazer1999
i all ways get dick heas in commys pulling up bside u at the lights thinking they r heros racing every ford at the traffic lights i just putt off and let em drive off like a dick head its so funny to watch lol
Summon up the code breakers! This one's a tough one!
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2005, 11:33 AM   #9
purrrnlazer1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
Summon up the code breakers! This one's a tough one!
lol @ my self
what i ment to say was that when i pull up at the lights in my little 99 kn lazer there is always a dick head holden commy driver that pulls up beside u and trys 2 race u so what i do it just putt off and let them drive like a dick head cos its so funny 2 watch y r most holden commy drivers like that
Old 18-08-2005, 11:40 AM   #10
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrrnlazer1999
lol @ my self
what i ment to say was that when i pull up at the lights in my little 99 kn lazer there is always a dick head holden commy driver that pulls up beside u and trys 2 race u so what i do it just putt off and let them drive like a dick head cos its so funny 2 watch y r most holden commy drivers like that
LOL thanks for the translation.

Grechie the best way to handle tossers like this is ignore them. 140Ks in the CBD says 2 things, first lying toad, secondly the probable 90Ks or so is dumb as.

You can ask but I doubt you'll ever get these dreamers to a track, go clock up a few time-slips, its easier to impress with the actual, leave you (ah-um) mate to the tall tales and true..
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2005, 11:44 AM   #11
purrrnlazer1999

yeah i totally agree
Old 18-08-2005, 01:27 PM   #12
Bobman
Regulator

Grechie,

Mate as I'm a melb boy too, I see this kind of talk all the time LOL!
The amount of times I've come across chicks who's b/f's had "brain washed" them to believe every model holden is superior to the respective ford is ludicrous.

Oh, wanna hear some funny stories?

* Race from traffic lights to the "speed limit" 80 zone, my AUII ex-taxi has beaten numerous smart *** P platers from VB-VY, some only by a bee's dick but still, being beaten by a Ford taxi is the biggest insult to holden owners, and I love it !!!

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2005, 01:31 PM   #13
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just had some f**kwit come flying through a school zone. Bloody hell i would of estimated his speed at about 100-110km/h easily. Gave him the bloody horn alright.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2005, 01:38 PM   #14
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Gotta love "those" Holden drivers (not all of em are that bad surely!!!) but i lovit when they pull along side me n start revving.... So i give them a rev and now they think im goin to run them.... light goes green and watch the moron redline every gear whilst im still at the lights!!!!
Old 18-08-2005, 01:43 PM   #15
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZENU
Gotta love "those" Holden drivers
Lol nope mum is a good holden driving haha. And when im driving the commy i am too. Its a bog stock V6 so why the f**k would you even pretend to drive it like its good : . I hate ****ers like that. It happens in plenty of falcons aswell though.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2005, 02:16 PM   #16
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
LOL thanks for the translation.
i sil tr2in 2 figa it ou3t k? - sms me wit da anz4er
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2005, 11:28 PM   #17
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Gotta love "those" Holden drivers (not all of em are that bad surely!!!) but i lovit when they pull along side me n start revving.... So i give them a rev and now they think im goin to run them.... light goes green and watch the moron redline every gear whilst im still at the lights!!!!
You realise that then they will tell their mates they smoked you good - despite the fact they only beat you by 2 car lengths while you were using half throttle and revs
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2005, 11:35 PM   #18
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
That's how you do it, not worth wasting the petrol.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2005, 11:46 PM   #19
Velociraptor
Digging for avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grechie
guys, sorry , just had to post this, i have a friend whos mad about commodores, n hes the type of guy who beilives in every commodore is faster then a ford, anyways he owns this VS with pacey's and exhuast, hes jumping up for joy at this party i went to on sat night telling me how he buff'd a AUXR8 "limited edition" (such thing?) in the city(melb), and mind u, it was in flinders ST and he got up to 140km/h.... he goes, we both got wheel spin, and his VS caught and just took off, and he beilvies if he had better tyres, that would of made the auxr8's chance slimmer(both were auto's)...this just makes me sick, now why do i have to have friends who beilive this kind of crap that commo's r gods, now i beilive the xr8 guy, wood of had it in D, and backed off at umm maybe 40?? 140km.h down flinders, dear god, expect me to beilive that...anyways i had my 2 cents, coudnt convince him that the guy was obviously not trying or wasnt gearing...coz he had his girlfriend (who didnt care bout ford or holden b4 he met her) say how good it was and how ford's are slow in every model they make....AHH HAHAHAAHAHAHAA.

i opologize for this rant (plz move to correct thread if its posted in the incorrect one) just had to get it off my chest.

- Grechie

(P.S, wot a dick head racing down in a public area flinders st melb, and if it was to 140km (1/4 roughly) the xr8 would of had him for breakfest)
Grechie, you sound like a decent bloke, you gotta get rid of this idiot , he is gonna cause you trouble. Sorry for the lecture : , a word from the wise.
Old 19-08-2005, 12:48 AM   #20
Olympus
Rocket Fuel Anyone?

Quote:
Hey, just checked out the link to your car. Your car is sex on wheels mate, those Convo Pro's really set it off !
Olympus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post