Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-05-2009, 10:33 AM   #1
Teflon Turbo
Banned

Angry Happy Mother's Day!

Last Sunday I got a call from a family member saying Mum & Dad had been in head on collission, my guts dropped and I went all cold.

After talking to my brother on the phone a little longer he told me they were at the Alfred and to get down there ASAP.

Thankfully, it was a lower speed head on collission, about a total combined speed of 50-60kphr.

My dad was alright airbag and steering wheel to brace himself, mum had no airbag so she bruced her chest, my is very soft and 60 plus.

Being mother's day today, I am thankful she is still here with us.

No matter what's going on where you or what you're doing, pick up the phone, go over and see the old chook, because one day she may not be around!

(4WD veered into their lane, the driver left the seen and the passnger took his spot taking full responsibilty while the other student flies back overseas and escapes)

Teflon Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2009, 10:50 AM   #2
Teflon Turbo
Banned

Btw

Happy Mothers Day To All The Mums Out There!
Teflon Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2009, 11:17 AM   #3
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Landau, I am sorry to read about what happen to your parents. I can't imagine how you would have felt being told such news but I'm glad that it wasn't as serious as the news of most head-ons are and relieved to hear that they're ok

Well my mothers day officially started at 6.30am. Guess my 10 month old doesn't believe in letting mums sleep in on our special day lol. Woke up to find a card on the bench from my son which was a nice surprise and my girls have gifts wrapped for me but I'm not allowed to open them until later :(

My older daughter has offered to babysit so that I can spoil myself (hair, nails, massage) for a couple of hours. Been a while since I've spoiled myself so I figured, what the hell lol.

Anyway, happy mothers day to all mums out there. Enjoy the day!

Krissy.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2009, 09:11 PM   #4
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How did the babysitting go Krissy? Was the house a mess when you got back?
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2009, 09:29 PM   #5
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melz
How did the babysitting go Krissy? Was the house a mess when you got back?
Lol nah the house was still standing. My daughter is almost 17 and quite responsible. She's great with the little one. I never need worry. She'll make a great mum herself one day (hopefully not too soon - not ready to be gran just yet lol)
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2009, 12:12 PM   #6
Angry Beaver
Beaver fever

Glad you had a super day krissy. I to got a little spoilt. 5 times the love. LOL.