Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-01-2009, 01:32 AM   #1
Melanie
Starter Motor

Talking OMG!! So excited

:

I have just discovered (the hard way) that I was accepted into a uni course I applied for.....now to contact the university tomorrow and find out what I do since I found out I was accepted AFTER the enrollment date!

I have been accepted into CERTIFICATE IV FORENSIC SCIENCE

Just wanted to share cause I'm so excited.

Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2009, 01:37 AM   #2
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Congratulations!
That sounds like a very interesting field to be in.
Are your ambitions to join the police force?
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2009, 01:42 AM   #3
Melanie
Starter Motor

I wanted to be in the police force when I was a teenager, but I injured my knee and there is no way I could ever pass the fitness requirements now. When I was desperate to leave my last job due to harrassment from my boss I thought about looking outside admin roles which is what I have been doing since I finished high school in 1999.

I thought back to my school days and remembered how much I enjoyed science and my favourite TV shows have always been forensic science based (EG CSI) so I thought maybe a career in this kind of field might be more enjoyable to me than sitting at a computer all day long......so I thought bugger it, I'll apply and see what happens.....

.....what happens is I get in!!!! I'm still in shock really over it all I can't believe I got my first preference and everything.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:42 PM   #4
msman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

how long past the date has it been.

i rocked up to uni enrolement 4 days late, as one of my mates was enroling on that date and i remembered his date.
they just poked fun at me for about 5 mins and then called the person to come down and put me through.
worked in my favour really as i got pushed up every line which was brilliant.
msman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2009, 05:47 PM   #5
westoftown

Congrats!!

Although what do you mean when you say the hard way? i have to wait until next thursday until SATAC make first round offers, but i'd much rather kill the suspense and know now

Quote:
charcoal: one shade tuffer than gunmetal grey
westoftown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2009, 06:13 PM   #6
Melanie
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by msman
how long past the date has it been.

i rocked up to uni enrolement 4 days late, as one of my mates was enroling on that date and i remembered his date.
they just poked fun at me for about 5 mins and then called the person to come down and put me through.
worked in my favour really as i got pushed up every line which was brilliant.
The enrolment date was December 11, 2008....so just a few days more than 4 LOL
Old 09-01-2009, 06:17 PM   #7
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie
:

I have just discovered (the hard way) that I was accepted into a uni course I applied for.....now to contact the university tomorrow and find out what I do since I found out I was accepted AFTER the enrollment date!

I have been accepted into CERTIFICATE IV FORENSIC SCIENCE

Just wanted to share cause I'm so excited.
Isn't a Cert IV qualification through a TAFE?

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2009, 06:18 PM   #8
Melanie
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by westoftown
Congrats!!

Although what do you mean when you say the hard way? i have to wait until next thursday until SATAC make first round offers, but i'd much rather kill the suspense and know now
The hard way because I SHOULD have got a letter or email notifying me of the acceptance, but I didn't get anything from VTAC......i just happened to work out I could log onto the VTAC website and see if there was any reason why I hadn't heard anything.

The normal round offers aren't issued until the 20th of January. I got a "early offer" as a mature age student.....but VTAC also thought that the uni might have also gone: "We want YOU!" as well......but who knows really.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:19 PM   #9
Melanie
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
Isn't a Cert IV qualification through a TAFE?
It is a TAFE course done through a university.

Their website says that if I get the right marks it would make me eligable for the Diplomia.....but the Certificate IV is all I need to get an entry level job in the industry.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:25 PM   #10
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Congratulations
Finding out now is better than a few months down the track though

Once you are qualified and have started training you will hopefully find that you have made the right choice. Some actually discover they don't have the stomach for it all, but to be honest it is a really exciting field to be in.

Good luck with it all and make sure to keep us posted on how you go.
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2009, 06:28 PM   #11
Melanie
Starter Motor

I've already dealt with a lot of blood and guts type stuff - I have assisted in surgery on animals multiple times and never even come close to fainting, so hopefully I hae the stomach for it.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:58 PM   #12
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie
I've already dealt with a lot of blood and guts type stuff - I have assisted in surgery on animals multiple times and never even come close to fainting, so hopefully I hae the stomach for it.
You are on the way to a very rewarding and exciting career then, the only part you might need to warm to is the court stuff (worse than any blood, guts and gore) Unless you have already dealt with the aggressive side of that too that is.
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2009, 07:35 PM   #13
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Congratulations and all the best!
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2009, 07:58 PM   #14
AdzT3-146
own the road

congrats, good luck with the course.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2009, 10:00 PM   #15
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

congratulations its an interesting feild

I personaly find I'd rather deal with dead people than sick and injured ones, the blood and guts dont bother me its the moaning and complaing that does

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2009, 11:52 PM   #16
Melanie
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
You are on the way to a very rewarding and exciting career then, the only part you might need to warm to is the court stuff (worse than any blood, guts and gore) Unless you have already dealt with the aggressive side of that too that is.
Nope never been a court room....not a proper one anyways, only Frankston court house to take out a restraining order against someone....and they never bothered turning up.....