Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 30-10-2008, 11:59 PM   #1
AU_Wagin

Default AU front indicator Globes

How do u replace the front indicator globes, the main headlights can be done from under the bonnet I think, looks like a might have to get at them front under the guards !!

Raymondo confuso

Old 31-10-2008, 12:05 AM   #2
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that or remove the headlights themselves...i know there was a thread on this topic recently, but do you think i can find it lol...
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2008, 01:19 AM   #3
JMO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The easiest way i find to change the globes is to remove the black plastic that bolts onto the front bumper (underneath). Once you take that off, you can just reach up and unscrew the holder from the headlight assembly. Then just change the bulb and screw it back in. It also helps if you have some kind of light.

The only reason i say this way is easier is because some of the black plastic screws are stuffed on my guards an i can't get the thing off.

Hope this helps you.
JMO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2008, 11:28 PM   #4
AU_Wagin

Thanks for your replies, taking the black plastic off under the guarss would be a bugga for me as I have a the front lip on as well, I didnt think about the front bar though will have a look in the morning. As for taking the whole lihght out, might be the best option

Ta

Ray
Old 01-11-2008, 08:34 AM   #5
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

whole light out means front bar off....best from the wheel arch or from underneath. i dont have the splitter under my front bar anymore....found it pointless in anycase and the car runs fine without it. makes it a hell of a lot easier to change the indicators!!!

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2008, 02:55 PM   #6
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Whole light out doesn't need the front bar off.

HLC and I swapped headlight prior to me trading my ute in. Although mine was a lot harder to get them out though as it was bolted in solidly ... Henri's front bar was stretched a bit ... and not bolted in all too well.

Took us about 20 minutes to do a headlight swap though ... utes look weird with Fairmont headlight with orange indicators though.

One trick to doing it though it loosening the bolts on the top of the front guard and lifting it while maneouvring the headlight and pushing the bumper down a bit.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post