Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-08-2008, 04:32 PM   #61
old_mate
Smash the Boost

i was unemployed late last year for 2.5 weeks due to my employer going broke. I was lucky i had 2 weeks annual leave, that paid for the mortgage for those 2 weeks. Dead set, was the worst 2 weeks ever.

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2008, 08:35 PM   #62
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

I was unemployed for about 2 months in 2005, wasnt to bad as i was only 18, later that year got an apprenticeship and am still working in the same trade!
Old 03-08-2008, 09:07 PM   #63
EFPWR
B-Series Powered!

When I was unemployed it was hell getting a job.. people continually wasting my time with "interviews" that went nowhere.. now.. I work in a carpark, I'll tell ya something.. if you know someone workin there before you apply, its HELL easier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atec77
I find Tafe' good value , should see the youngsters faces when I swear at them
This is the real world lad now shut the %^7 up thanks

most amusing.
Dont suppose your name is steve by any chance?
Old 04-08-2008, 04:40 PM   #64
azaxr8

i was unemployed for 3 months. didnt apply for the dole. I hated it. but i did like getting to sleep in, geez sitting around doing nothing is the most tiring job i have ever done. sleep 12 hours at night. by 5pm the next day im stuffed and fall asleep on the couch.

Now i work... god its great
azaxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2008, 06:22 PM   #65
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by azaxr8
i was unemployed for 3 months. didnt apply for the dole. I hated it. but i did like getting to sleep in, geez sitting around doing nothing is the most tiring job i have ever done. sleep 12 hours at night. by 5pm the next day im stuffed and fall asleep on the couch.
Hmm, must have been living with Mum and Dad.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:43 AM   #66
tim2x

Alright guys... Thanks for all the great replys. Im sure ef was joking.
Anyway, got my self a full time job as a gardener. Start next week...Now i've just gotta get my self out of debt and fix things with the girlfriend!
tim2x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2008, 09:57 AM   #67
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good work on the job matey. It is hard at times although I am still of the belief that if you really want to work you will find a job.

My eldest went to Dubbo yesterday with resume inhand. He is wanting to continue his apprenticeship as a diesel fitter here in NSW. He has his foot in three doors just from the one day. He was pretty chuffed with his efforts & when I asked him why he thought a certain company wanted him to start he told me that he knew it when they told him they wanted him, he only has to get his old supervisor to call the prospective employer (is happening today) with a reference.

He will be taking a dramatic pay drop compared to the mining industry he was in but he is willing to do that to complete his trade in an environment he feels secure in. I think the lesson is dont be too picky and get the job done to advance yourself at a later stage, is a lot better than sitting around waiting for that perfect job to fall into your lap.
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2008, 05:51 PM   #68
tapeworm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anyone looking for a worker? Cash in hand or whaatever untill the end of the year? I'm looking to start a heavy vehicle mechanic appreticeship in Jan and need work till then. I've applied to a million agencies, but they never reply. I live on the Mornington peninsula but will travel if not a rediculous distance> PM if you or you know someone who will be interested.
tapeworm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2008, 02:12 PM   #69
LTDHO
The one and only

I was unemployed for zero days.

The last place (of which had a 'dirty street walking' of a manager) got rid of me prior to the end of my probation (on a technicality). They gave me 2 weeks notice.
I left immediately.
During the last two weeks I found a new job and start monday.

So they can suck my ....!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2008, 03:20 AM   #70
T3-STROKER
AU.OUTLAW

termination is on the cards for me & not happy as Iam on workcover the f.cks won't me out of the work force,thay hit me with 4 weeks notice the other day after 7 years sirvice in the one mine as a plant operator & this was after a incedent in a grader 16h I struck a verry large boulder with the blade & throwen forward into the steering wheel & stalling the thing,now me neck & shoulder is fu.ked thay won't to sack me & stuff being unemployed,thank god theres unions out there.DARE TO STRUGGLE DARE TO WIN
Old 16-08-2008, 10:24 PM   #71
ABoringUsername

Was 'unemployed' (on the dole) for about 2 months after finishing UNI. I had a job, it just didn't start for two months.... I must say i didn't try very hard to look for a job...

I suppose strictly you could call my time at uni on the dole as I wasn't working (other than uni), but i am paying it back rather quickly now.... I don't think i could handle being unemployed for a long time.
ABoringUsername is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2008, 10:47 PM   #72
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFPWR
When I was unemployed it was hell getting a job.. people continually wasting my time with "interviews" that went nowhere.. now.. I work in a carpark, I'll tell ya something.. if you know someone workin there before you apply, its HELL easier!

Dont suppose your name is steve by any chance?
I don't suppose it is either
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post