Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 23-10-2007, 02:30 PM   #31
TruBlu351
3 Pedals R Better Than 2

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has given endless help in the cleveland section over the years. Knows his stuff and happily tests on the track and gives no fuss results. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
So I just kepted doing bigger burn out to try and gain more traction
lol........I didn't notice that!! :

TruBlu351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2007, 03:16 PM   #32
WASP
Whipple Induced

Well done Jabba, that's one tough XR8 Ute you have (had). Great to see everyone supporting each other to get the results.
Old 23-10-2007, 03:43 PM   #33
Chris
AFF.com.au

Well done buddy!!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2007, 07:00 PM   #34
QIK006

Quote:
Thanks Craig. And I owe you and Chris a BIG thank you also... The tips the both off you gave me helped a lot..

The old girl still has more left.. That last Vid off the 11.91, I left the line at 5000rpm and I bogged down a bit in 3rd... I came back for my last run off the night to try a 6000rpm launch and hold 3rd for 200 rpm longer, but the lanes were closed... Spewing..

I have to work on Paul to fit a set off 4.10's. And I will buy the slicks and front runners.... See what happens

Let me know when you head out again Jabba, I am sure Honky will appreciate that you are going to pay for the rubber!!!! I will bring the whole Biscuit clan to watch you!!!
The only issue with our new FG XR6T is that no one has told me how to prevent the stains on my shorts that happen ever time i mash the accelerator pedal : and now the lil dint in the rear bumber http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...30#post4142130

My speed limiter is set to 120 - anything over that and she punches me in the arm.
QIK006 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2007, 08:30 PM   #35
rapidchris

come out next weds night jabba
rapidchris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2007, 09:26 PM   #36
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Arrr, I would love to. But after destroying a new set off MT I might have to leave it for a while... As it stands, I am drowning at work, that I can barely keep up with the program, and those late night kill me the next day, Or so money is good, so I want go like the clappers and get what I can before Christmas, and get those Drag slicks and front runners....

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2007, 09:38 PM   #37
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Well done Jabba! Seriously quick car there!

It's always great to see a different combo working and showing fantastic results.
There is always more than one way to skin a cat...

At end of the day, It's an 11 sec slip, and well done for getting a manual into 11s!!!!!

Cheers

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2007, 06:50 AM   #38
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Well done buddy!!
Thank you for the tips on getting these barges down the tarmac quick....

One thing everyone should know, Chris and ACE helped me a lot by sharing there knowledge with me to help me get the best out off my ute on the 1/4.. I have not got any off there products, and my set up is very differant to what they run,,,,Yet they still helped me get the ute into the 11's.... To me this speaks volumes about the characters themselves.. They are both great blokes and deserve a huge amount off respect...

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2007, 10:36 AM   #39
ADSXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thank you for the tips on getting these barges down the tarmac quick....

One thing everyone should know, Chris and ACE helped me a lot by sharing there knowledge with me to help me get the best out off my ute on the 1/4.. I have not got any off there products, and my set up is very differant to what they run,,,,Yet they still helped me get the ute into the 11's.... To me this speaks volumes about the characters themselves.. They are both great blokes and deserve a huge amount off respect...
You make an excellent point. Sometimes it is forgotten WE all box out of the Blue corner.
Old 22-11-2007, 10:01 PM   #40
Paul@eliteauto
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADSF6
You make an excellent point. Sometimes it is forgotten WE all box out of the Blue corner.
Well said!

Cheers Paul
BF Typhoon 359.5rwkw 11.10@125.8 MPH Sold
FG F6 400rwkw 10.86@131MPH Sold
FG GT MK 11 Streetfighter 430 rwkw
Fords are a lifestyle _2:
Paul@eliteauto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post