Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-04-2005, 01:26 AM   #91
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick_xd

5 point slow how you doing have not seen you before good to meet ya

c-ya around the streets
what ya drivin 5 point slow? good to see some more warrny people here.
as for MD, well ive heard what the cops say on the scanner about him. lets just say theres a party planned at the cop shop soon.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2005, 01:28 AM   #92
Kryton

what ya drivin 5 point slow? good to see some more warrny people here.
as for MD, well ive heard what the cops say on the scanner about him. lets just say theres a party planned at the cop shop soon.
also Trick, let me know where you work as im planning on pulling the head off tomorrow. may need to come see ya for some info or help if its cracked.

EDIT: dunno what happened with this post. the last post was sposed to be edited and NOT create 2 posts.

Last edited by Kryton; 13-04-2005 at 01:29 AM.
Old 13-04-2005, 03:06 AM   #93
MAFIA
Grange killer!!!!

WA have got the same problem with this so called "HOON" law. What happen at each offence you make.
1 Lose your car for 48 hours.
2 Lose your car for 3 month
3 Lose your car for good and it will be sold off.

You what the type of cars that gets impound here in WA are standard or heap of s**t.
The goverment have no idea what there doing because there not listening to what the public wants to they go ahead and do it there way without thinking. The only hoon we got is the goverment and there stupid police force.

They taken all the fun out of WA motorsport such as Telstar rally Australia and now they want to take away V8 supercars. It a joke!!! Barbagello is a small racetrack out in the middle of the bush. Motorplex it a rip off and the rules are to tight. This sucks.

But street racing is great fun and safe! WHY??? Because it well organise, safe environment than the racetrack and much more fun. And if u don't believe me then I'm not goin to explain, you have to see too understand.( don't make any comment agianst this unless you been there done that.)
MAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2005, 07:56 AM   #94
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardmech
It should be limited to organized street racing and long burnouts in built up areas (not your wheels chirping from the white line at the lights).
I agree entirely (now, does that surprise you?)
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2005, 09:02 AM   #95
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by X FALCON FACTOR
WA have got the same problem with this so called "HOON" law. What happen at each offence you make.

You what the type of cars that gets impound here in WA are standard or heap of s**t.
The goverment have no idea what there doing because there not listening to what the public wants to they go ahead and do it there way without thinking. The only hoon we got is the goverment and there stupid police force.

They taken all the fun out of WA motorsport such as Telstar rally Australia and now they want to take away V8 supercars. It a joke!!! Barbagello is a small racetrack out in the middle of the bush. Motorplex it a rip off and the rules are to tight. This sucks.

But street racing is great fun and safe! WHY??? Because it well organise, safe environment than the racetrack and much more fun. And if u don't believe me then I'm not goin to explain, you have to see too understand.( don't make any comment agianst this unless you been there done that.)

The rules are there for YOUR saftey. As for being a rip off, you must be joking when you consider what it costs to pay thier staff, insurance, matience, power, medical fees (onsite Amulance and staff).

Whats it going to take, for your best mate to die? yourself? your girlfirend?
For what? your too tight to pay a modest fee.
No matter how well oraganised street racing is or where it is, you do not have the nesseccities listed above, how do I know this? cause obviously you pay nothing for street racing therefore there is no budget for those things.
And furthermore. at any street racing type event organised by a few idiots
what happens when there is the call put out the cops are on the way.
I'll tell you, its unorganised chaos, people running everywhere whilst dickheads trying to get away in thier cars so they don't get caught. (go figure obviously they know what they were doing is wrong).

Mate. in all honesty I hope you lose your car due to these laws before you, or your ego gets someone you love or yourself killed!!!!

I have included the link for the race track that you say is a rip off including thier rules that seem to me to be more than reasonable. $40.00 no matter how many hours you are there. Man your tighter than I thought. I would have expected $120.00 and I still think that is more than fair.
Here is the link for any member here to peruse thier rules.
http://www.wascc.com.au/cgi-bin/ikon...=Page;p=Tuning

The motorplex appears to be cheaper still when looked around that site.
http://www.motorplex.com.au/
$30.00 including your ANDRA licence.

Last edited by Yaw; 13-04-2005 at 09:44 AM.
Yaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2005, 05:31 PM   #96
NZ
~~~

That law isn't that bad. hen i was at home I got caught doing burnouts under bridge. I went to court, got convicted got 6 months licence loss, $500 fine and they took my car and sold it. I kid you not i had to hand the keys over and they took it put it up for auction, they took out the money for the fine and cout costs from that then whatever was left was put toward the finance on the car that was owing. it would have been ok if i owed nothing on it but when you get squat for it at auction the finance co isn't too friendly when they've suddenly got this money owing to them but no security. itputs a young person into a bit of hot water. They also put a record against my name that said i wasn't allowed to own a car for 2 years. I then moved to australia.

the feeling you get when your standing in the dock and the judge says 'yes sir we will be taking your car' you don't know weather to cry or argue back to him or call him a **** or plead not to have oit taken away it hits you quite hard.

davway & trick xd - you both know me. NZ, EB MkII, Karl are all names ive had on here.
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2005, 08:21 PM   #97
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

Oh its you Karl
i hear Rowy is keeping up now days lol
im about to redo his cam timeing this weekend

Dave
( Selfish Plug For Work )
Im at 66 Rooneys rd its called Carls Automotive
i can do your valves , pressure test and mill your head ,
Service , R.w.c. , Lpg testing / conversions , We Do every thing in house even Dyno tuneing ( When the speed sencer is fixed AGAIN ) the only thing we dont do is Air-con... For that i send you to Rowy Auto Electrics and Air Conditioning is His Job
Old 13-04-2005, 08:32 PM   #98
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick_xd
Dave
( Selfish Plug For Work )
Im at 66 Rooneys rd its called Carls Automotive
i can do your valves , pressure test and mill your head ,
Service , R.w.c. , Lpg testing / conversions , We Do every thing in house even Dyno tuneing ( When the speed sencer is fixed AGAIN ) the only thing we dont do is Air-con... For that i send you to Rowy Auto Electrics and Air Conditioning is His Job
cool. when i get the head off and have a look, if i need your services (with AFF discount of course :Reverend: ) ill drop in and see ya.
anyway back to topic.
Old 13-04-2005, 10:57 PM   #99
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by five point slow
That law isn't that bad. hen i was at home I got caught doing burnouts under bridge. I went to court, got convicted got 6 months licence loss, $500 fine and they took my car and sold it. I kid you not i had to hand the keys over and they took it put it up for auction, they took out the money for the fine and cout costs from that then whatever was left was put toward the finance on the car that was owing. it would have been ok if i owed nothing on it but when you get squat for it at auction the finance co isn't too friendly when they've suddenly got this money owing to them but no security. itputs a young person into a bit of hot water. They also put a record against my name that said i wasn't allowed to own a car for 2 years. I then moved to australia.

the feeling you get when your standing in the dock and the judge says 'yes sir we will be taking your car' you don't know weather to cry or argue back to him or call him a **** or plead not to have oit taken away it hits you quite hard.

davway & trick xd - you both know me. NZ, EB MkII, Karl are all names ive had on here.

What country did this happen in?
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2005, 11:51 PM   #100
MAD
Petro-sexual

Quote:

You have got to be kidding me! You are actually arguing that street racing is safe? Safer environment than a race track??!? unguarded poles, public drivers, traffic lights....dont see too many of these on a trace track. OH and lets not forget the safety crews that line the streets you race on, in the event of an accident...oh wait they are at proper venues, not on the streets.

Everday I drive past quite a number of poles that have had cars wrapped around them due to street racing. Then there's plenty more sites where innocent drivers were killed in the carnage.
So just how safe is street racing? You are a dead set ******** if you think street racing is OK.

Now that I've got that off my chest, lets look at a couple of safety regulations for race tracks....
1. Must wear a helmet - things can and do go wrong.
2.long sleeve pure cotton t-shirt and full length cotton pants or jeans - just in case of a fire due to an accident.

So if these scenarios are catered for at a proper facility, then its obvious that they happen....

So tell me again, how is it that street racing is safe?

Last edited by MAD; 14-04-2005 at 09:30 PM.
MAD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2005, 12:35 AM   #101
NZ
~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Terror
What country did this happen in?
aotearoa
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2005, 02:45 AM   #102
MAFIA
Grange killer!!!!

Well before you start critisising MADXF and YAW about street racing I would go to an organise race and check it out for yourself. But don't say anything if you never been to one OK and don't ever believe what the police say about street racing to the media or the public to that matter cause they never seen what street racing is really like! You might have seen car crashes or photo in the news or paper but those race are involve with idiot racing off at the light in the wrong surrounding road and environment end up suffering the mistake. Remember Police say S**t they don't know as usual for them anyway.

Don't get me wrong but i use to do illegal street racing and i was shock to see how well organise and just a safe as the race track cause it almost felt like you were on the race track. The type of road they race on is always an industrail area with a 4 lane road with everyone parking off the road headlight on cause there no light pole in the street, no traffic light and road close off to the public which no one in the area late at night. Remember i was only a spectator at these event OK.

By the way YAW it $35 to race and it going up to $40 next season at the Motorplex. And if the government want to stop street racing then stop making the rule so strict and lower the price down to attract racers and this should be done by the goverment funding.

If they really want to stop the hoons and illegal street racing then they got to listen to what the revhead or modify car scence want. At the end of the day that what really counts.
Old 15-04-2005, 09:47 AM   #103
MAD
Petro-sexual

OK, so you do it in a hidden location away from other motorists....doesnt change the fact that you are going out of your way to do something illegal.

Quote:
By the way YAW it $35 to race and it going up to $40 next season at the Motorplex. And if the government want to stop street racing then stop making the rule so strict and lower the price down to attract racers and this should be done by the goverment funding.
This is the biggest load of shit I have heard for ages....Calder park here in VIC is $55 to compete, Heathcote is $40.
That is nothing but a cop-out line from you....blame anyone else and come up with any excuse just so you can convince yourself that there is a legitimate reason for street racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X FACON FACTOR
Don't get me wrong but i use to do illegal street racing and i was shock to see how well organise and just a safe as the race track cause it almost felt like you were on the race track. The type of road they race on is always an industrail area with a 4 lane road with everyone parking off the road headlight on cause there no light pole in the street, no traffic light and road close off to the public which no one in the area late at night. Remember i was only a spectator at these event OK.
Here's a little questionaire for ya.....

1. How many people at these "safe" events wear fire retardant clothing (eg cotton shirt/pants)
2. How many are wearing helmets?
3. Does everyone have their windows up when they are actually racing?
4. Are there fire and ambulance crews ready to go in the event of an accident?
(i'll post the correct answers in the next reply, just in case you have a problem distinguishing what is safe and what isnt)

Have you ever watched REAL drag racing?
If you have you will have seen that guys do lose control and put their car into the concrete wall sometimes.....how well do you think all those cars parked on the side of your "safe" road will soak up the impact?

Last edited by MAD; 15-04-2005 at 12:27 PM.
MAD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2005, 10:09 AM   #104
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well Done MadXF, it is nice to see people think like I do.
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2005, 02:54 PM   #105
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Good points there MADXF.
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2005, 07:23 PM   #106
kiwikid
have you seen my marbles?

you must be mad or just plain stupid X FALCON FACTOR....

streetracing is NOT safe by anymeans, and yes before you ask i have seen it with my own eyes and the after effects coz people like you think it is "SAFE". next time im scraping somebody off the road or or blasting them out of there car with water i can take a picture if you really wish to see how safe it really is.....

and you think $35 is a rip off..... its dirt cheap and remember you cant put a price on your life.....

in one post you stated that you were only a spectator and another you posted that you used to street race, im betting that you have never seen one takeplace or even a major crash......

you need a wake up call, mabey you'll get it from someone you know who doesnt have the sense to know that "streetracing" is unsafe having there life cut short from plain stupidty....
Old 15-04-2005, 09:25 PM   #107
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwikid
you must be mad or just plain stupid X FALCON FACTOR....

streetracing is NOT safe by anymeans, and yes before you ask i have seen it with my own eyes and the after effects coz people like you think it is "SAFE". next time im scraping somebody off the road or or blasting them out of there car with water i can take a picture if you really wish to see how safe it really is.....

and you think $35 is a rip off..... its dirt cheap and remember you cant put a price on your life.....

in one post you stated that you were only a spectator and another you posted that you used to street race, im betting that you have never seen one takeplace or even a major crash......

you need a wake up call, mabey you'll get it from someone you know who doesnt have the sense to know that "streetracing" is unsafe having there life cut short from plain stupidty....
Kiwikid I could'nt agree more and all the others who don't support illegal racing,you have my 100% support.
The only jobs I went to involved ppl who were'nt street racing but can you imagine what its like to have to clean up an mva involving two utes,one had one occupant,the other had 11 ppl in it.
The one ute occupant was just going home from work and was overtaking a much slower car in a 100 zone,it was night,the other ute was driving with no lights and well over the .08 limit by five times and well over the 100 limit.

Think about......it can't happen to me......guess again your the next number that the Grim Reaper is holding.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2005, 11:45 PM   #108
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

I was gunna reply to you yet again but hey look at how many have beaten me to it.
Just for the Record
I am 35, when I was younger the place was fishermans island.
I have been and watched, admittedly I never participated but I was not gunna embarrass myself in a mk1 cortina.
Don't be naive enough to think we have not all seen it or the one you attened is so "different"
Its Bullcrap!!
Tell me who do you think calls the police since its in such a far away place with no one around?????
Its an industrial area......The ones that call the police are those doing shift work in the area, the ones that drive the trucks, the ones not wanting imbisiles crashing into thier parked cars whilst they work earning a living.

X Factor Falcon you are a prime example of why I campaign so hard against young drivers with high powered cars. I have stated in other threads limit p platers to 100kw maximum cars. Kiwikid is obviously in the emergeny services, I work in insurance, I get to see and hear all the stories and statistics of acciednets. Oh just on a side note, street racing just as track, circut or time trials or rallies, most policies become null and void.Although a lot of us may not see eye to eye on that point, I'm sure you can see all that have united to tell you what a dill you are making of yourself.

I am interested though, why is it that you find $35 a rip off? I mean even an unemployed no hoper can afford that!!!!.
What is it that you think is too stringent about the rules? Be exact please.
Old 16-04-2005, 09:21 PM   #109
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

On the news tonight...Sydney,popular street race area,two blokes shot dead in drive-by. Could be related to illegal street racing but cops are'nt sure.

Gold Coast again popular street race street,residents blockaded street till cops arrived and went through the hoons like a dose of salts..one copper gave it to them real good and what he said..in no uncertain terms and on tape..was that not only do they deserve his boot up their **** but what if they lost it and went down the ravine on one side,killed their passengers and they lived.
How would they explain that to the families..how would they feel.

Illegal street racing does'nt just involve the driver its all those around at the time and those that are related to those involved.

Tell me X Falcon Factor how would you explain to your mates mum and dad YOU were responsible for his death because of your own stupidity.

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 19-04-2005, 02:10 AM   #110
MAFIA
Grange killer!!!!

Hello did you not read what i said, I WAS A SPECTATOR NOT A RACER. I don't go to this anymore. You know most of us car fan has been to street racing some time in our life. Even in the hey day when muscle car were a big part of the culture. Your father or grandfathers or family all been there done that. Street racing is a culture for some and may not be for others so let it be END OF THE STORY OK!! Get over it.
Old 19-04-2005, 09:17 AM   #111
tango07

A cop is always a cop
tango07 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2005, 09:57 AM   #112
HOON69
Banned

sorry being a hoon(sorry former)hoon myself
i must say not all hoons are yobbo's in a residential area doing rediculous speeds,believe it or not thats just your local yobbo out for a joyride

majority of hoons who have a need for speed have a well organised event,out on some lonely road with a large straight,with a lookout well up the road/s to keep watch etc
most last a hour and leave to a new spot,venues change and the cops have a field day trying to find them,i have watched them have taped them and know a few on here ;) who have the need for speed as they call it,if the goverment and police didnt want speeding etc why make cars that can do 200kmh?

the hooning laws are just there to shutup the community and to get votes though i agree with the majority of them i find it only hinders a hoons actions then allows them to re-offend and just become a "smarter" hoon(if you can call em smart : ) and makes em hate authortie figures even more(as you'd expect of being busted)

i agree that residential areas or any built up areas should have a speed limit of no more then 60kmh and hoons who get caught in these areas should have the book thrown at em alot more then they currently are.

BUT if your on the back road noone about, even though wrong i find it less a risk to the community and less of a offence(in a way) i think that if you wanna carry on like a idiot you should do it alone,if your willing to risk your own life then you shouldnt take anyone down with you,i dislike cops i been caught hooning been through the processes and the only thing i can think of is instead of TAKING THEIR CARS they should INCREASE THE DISQUALIFICATION PERIODS
one offence 6mths
2nd offence 1 yr
3rd offence 3-5yrs depending on the type of offence etc

thats my take on hoons/laws

its the group of hundreds that gets the attention of the authorities...

Last edited by HOON69; 19-04-2005 at 09:59 AM.
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2005, 05:27 PM   #113
kiwikid
have you seen my marbles?

Quote:
I WAS A SPECTATOR NOT A RACER

Quote:
Originally Posted by X FALKON FACTOR
Don't get me wrong but i use to do illegal street racing

looks like we have got a real bright one in our midst fellas.....

EDIT: sorry ladies too.....

Last edited by kiwikid; 19-04-2005 at 09:42 PM.
kiwikid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2005, 05:42 PM   #114
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The road rules and fines etc are already there, they just can't be arsed enforcing them so they come up with taking your car at the copper's discretion. SCREW THAT.

What a shitty time to buy a Skyline :alien2:
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2005, 08:50 PM   #115
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwikid
looks like we have got a real bright one in our midst fellas.....
Spot on...somebody should remember what they post...or at least reread before posting again!!!!!!!

2000 AUII SE ute IL6