Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 28-02-2007, 12:08 PM   #31
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

As for diesel Territory is definately getting it, so why not Falcon aswell? Should be relatively simple....
Old 28-02-2007, 12:11 PM   #32
5.0failane

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSTerritoryGhia
Not really, when you think about it the Falcon should have been Number 1 car between 2002 - 2004, the VY was a horrible piece of ****, I still cant work out why the BA never sold number 1 for those few years, it came close but never did it...
Wasnt the BA the number 1 selling car to private consumers??? just that the commo was sold at a big loss to fleet just to keep the #1 tag, a loss Ford wasnt interested in making
Old 28-02-2007, 12:44 PM   #33
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Not really, when you think about it the Falcon should have been Number 1 car between 2002 - 2004, the VY was a horrible piece of ****, I still cant work out why the BA never sold number 1 for those few years, it came close but never did it...
The BA was/is a great car in many ways but build quality issues and the ordinary dealer network really hurt it. The common issues like brake shudder got around the traps like wildfire and Ford were way to slow in fixing this and when they did, the interim fix wasnt a good fix. Ford never bites the bullet and fixes those things promptly and with the customer in mind. They always look for a long term, cheap solution which ****es off those stuck with the problem here and now as Ford spends months looking around for something that will work.

They should have thrown DBA rotors or whatever on the early cars to keep those customers smiling while they worked on a cheaper and longer term fix for the car. That mucking around and short term money saving ends up costing Ford a fortune in customer satisfaction and the reputation of the car. I think Wheels still says the BF build quality is ify. I doubt that would be the case if Ford was more customer focused.

Dan
Old 28-02-2007, 01:21 PM   #34
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
As for diesel Territory is definately getting it, so why not Falcon aswell? Should be relatively simple....
My prediction to the diesel Falcon timeline

2009 -people will still have this craze about "the new Diesel Territory" and then

2010 - customers say "why no diesel Falcon, surely they can use the same engine as the Territory??"
2011 - Tom Gorman says the diesel in the Territory is not compatible with the Falcon (the next 3 yrs people keep asking Wheels Magazine and on these forums, and keep getting quoted Tom Gorman's words)

2015 - Ford announce that the next model of the Falcon "might" have a diesel engine

2018 - Ford reveal their diesel Falcon, which goes up against the diesel-electric everything else, but insist their product is better and more reliable. All the die-hard Ford Fans will agree

2019 January - Ford announce pricing and models for the diesel Falcon, but deliveries won't happen till June

2021 - customers ask "wheres our V8 diesel? the Americans have had a nice diesel in their trucks for the past........"

2023 - CEO of Ford Australia says "the V8 diesel will not fit inside the Falcon" and so on....
Old 28-02-2007, 02:17 PM   #35
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I think a couple of factors explain it, just a few I can think of:
Total V8 Commodores easily outsold Falcon V8's as this is one area where performance was inferior and economy seen as better,
Berlina wagon against no-Fairmont wagon, how many Fairmont AU wagons I see is actually surprising,
Holden fleet sales team just does it better with their customers and the Holden fleet pricing until VE was far more attractive.
Holden had and still has far greater production capacity and needed to sell more just because of stock produced (dropping of third shift helps now)
Ford, for the first few years ran at full capacity and so couldn't have done any better,
Holden still has a greater number of loyal fans that were happy with the VY/VZ regardless of how "superior" the BA/BF was especially in XT versus Exec levels.

Even last year Ford still outsold Holden domestically for locally produced cars.
Old 28-02-2007, 03:32 PM   #36
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyEB1
Their alternative for the fuel concious is the e gas?
I'd be suprised if they began chucking in a diesel because it would be imported while the 4.0L is still made in Aus. Running the Engine plant costs $X dollars per day, and the plants in Aus are set up to run at around the same rate, so if they're building say 100 cars per day but the engine plant is only required to make 90 engines they still have to pay the workers (and effectively the machinery too) for a full days production whether its 100 engines or 90 engines, so they'd be paying for labour to produce the 10 engines that they aren't producing, plus actually paying for the 10 diesels. Feels like a bullet in the foot to me!

I reckon its more likely in Terratory because of the lower volume (hence smaller bullet in the foot) and I dont believe Gas is currently an option for Terra? I may be wrong tho

I certainly would like to see a diesel tho, as long as ride quality and smoothness weren't compromised
FORD need to change E-Gas to the SGI system..not the 30 year old system they are currently using.
Old 28-02-2007, 03:37 PM   #37
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Keeping all the Orion talk in one thread.
link here.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=39398

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Closed Thread