Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 27-02-2007, 04:07 PM   #31
INDEEP
CHEV owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper69S
weren't all the 5L holdens since the VN 304's rather than 308's?
Yup... but I think I'm guilty of calling it a 308 somewhere in this thread... My bad!
Old 27-02-2007, 05:25 PM   #32
2tufracing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hey, haha this ones getting a bit heated. some guys need to ease up a little though its not as if it was in a public area.. i have been in all the holden's i mentioned and they all felt alot quicker than windsor weather its got to do with the gear ratio's in the gear box and diff im not too sure. i know another guy with a VQ with a 355, cam and heads, stage 2 auto (SHIFT KIT),3.45s and twin 3" exhaust thats right TWIN 3" exhaust he ran a 12.8 with in a fully optioned statesman (leather, electrics, sunroof the works) find me a fairlane that does that. i have respect for those cars with a good exhaust and good air intake alone they are not slow for a 1990 V8..
FG F6 UTE #327 Orange Poke
XW GS FALCON FOR SALE
Old 27-02-2007, 05:38 PM   #33
AUTickford
XD197

Why the **** hasnt this post been shut down after mentioning the no catalytic convertors and assumed street racing???????come on guys what the **** do we have moderators for do your god damn job!!!!!!!!!!
Old 27-02-2007, 05:57 PM   #34
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tufracing
hey, haha this ones getting a bit heated. some guys need to ease up a little though its not as if it was in a public area.. i have been in all the holden's i mentioned and they all felt alot quicker than windsor weather its got to do with the gear ratio's in the gear box and diff im not too sure. i know another guy with a VQ with a 355, cam and heads, stage 2 auto (SHIFT KIT),3.45s and twin 3" exhaust thats right TWIN 3" exhaust he ran a 12.8 with in a fully optioned statesman (leather, electrics, sunroof the works) find me a fairlane that does that. i have respect for those cars with a good exhaust and good air intake alone they are not slow for a 1990 V8..
Well, for one a VQ statesman is still lighter than you avearge falcon yet alone a fairlane.....Its kindov an unfair comparison. But im pretty sure there are a couple of e-series out there with a 347 windsor, running around the 12 secs. You just gota look hard thats all.

As for this debate, i think the actuall engine specs are basically identical. Both are 165kw and each has there own good a bad points about them. But seeing as vn,vp,vs etc are much lighter then say an eb xr8 or an el fairmont ghia v8 by over 200kg plus, its just common sense that the holden range for that era would be faster than the fords in stock form......??
Old 27-02-2007, 05:58 PM   #35
2tufracing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

omg alright close it i dont care... no one mentioned any thing about street racing and i guess every one's car in here is completelly street legal.. talk about up tight..
XW GS FALCON FOR SALE
Old 27-02-2007, 06:03 PM   #36
2tufracing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yer 90% of the time VN 5L are quicker but then you get your freak motors and u get your lemons
XW GS FALCON FOR SALE
Old 27-02-2007, 06:11 PM   #37
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTickford
Why the **** hasnt this post been shut down after mentioning the no catalytic convertors and assumed street racing???????come on guys what the **** do we have moderators for do your god damn job!!!!!!!!!!
Job Done.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Closed Thread