Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 19-10-2006, 11:30 PM   #1
tabaccs

Default Interior Cabin Noise

Hey Guys,

Been a while since i've posted on the forum, uni ain't the most friendly of places at the moment. Just wanting to know if any of the LR focus owners have experienced much interior panel noises/squeaking (very annoying without the music turned up) mostly in the rear section of the car.

I have a 2003 model Zetec 3 door hatch, and have been to ford numerous times complaining about it. Everytime they seem to do a "quick fix" and remove the annoying squeaks for at most a week, and then they return. Have any of you guys experienced anything along the lines of what im talking about or have put any insullation into any interior panels.

Any insight would be great because im very tempted to remove all the rear interior panels to find the culperate.

Cheers Ads

ST170 Side Indicators, K&N Panel Filter, Factory Scuff Plates,
Leather/Alloy Handbrake Cover, Body Kit
tabaccs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 10:11 AM   #2
whippet_zetec
Supes

I have a interior noise...bit like a rattle/squeak, never got it looked at, doesnt really worry me that much....found this morning a suspensaion creak in the rear, that's more of a concern for me atm...
Old 21-10-2006, 03:12 PM   #3
tabaccs

yeah i had creak in my front suspension, took the car back to ford and they found that i had a faultyfront left control arm and replaced it under warranty... but thing is the creak has come back so im not sure what to do about it since im out of warranty...

Old 22-10-2006, 07:58 AM   #4
warbo
Starter Motor

My Zetec has a rattle just under the steering wheel which only rattles when the car has been left out in the sun. I used to have a rattle coming from the back but it was the parcel shelf and I just used a bit of the foam tape around the edge where it sits and no more rattle.

Cheers
Warbo
warbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 10:58 AM   #5
Uni

pull off the panels, find the culprit, then pack it with sound deadening. no more annoying rattles!

if you're worried about a suspension creak, take it to pedders, get a cheap safety check thingamidodad and ask them to check out the suspension creak. when they tell u wats broken, take the car back and fix it yourself. it's probably just a shagged shock absorber

Uni/.
Uni is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 01:40 PM   #6
tabaccs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uni
pull off the panels, find the culprit, then pack it with sound deadening. no more annoying rattles!

if you're worried about a suspension creak, take it to pedders, get a cheap safety check thingamidodad and ask them to check out the suspension creak. when they tell u wats broken, take the car back and fix it yourself. it's probably just a shagged shock absorber

Uni/.
Yeah im definetely going to have to give that a go once my exams are over.. Cheers for the advice mate

Old 23-10-2006, 01:50 AM   #7
amlohac

I have exactly the same car (same colour too actually lol) and its started to get a couple of squeeks, it has done 90,000ks tho.
amlohac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 10:26 AM   #8
tabaccs

Awesome colour hey.. yea nah mines only a baby in comparison to yours, ive only done 36000 k's but these squeaks have been irritating me for a while now. Just never have the time to pull the insides apart and to be honest with u not 100% sure how to.. I just hope i dont end up breaking too many clips that i mite actualy need!

Old 23-10-2006, 07:42 PM   #9
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Mine squeaks at the doors (locks) on take off and flexes a bit over driveways, but considering it was lowered for 2 years, I'm pretty surprised just how solid it really is.
Old 24-10-2006, 02:32 AM   #10
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

If its the sound im thinking of, its coming from the panels where the front seat belts come out from. The whole plastic panel running down the carpet was making squeaking noises in my car. Aligned and "clicked back" the panels back into place, n no more noise.

Its worth a look at though. You can mimick the noise by pushing lightly on the panels.

Tom