Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-10-2006, 01:55 PM   #31
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Bucky, whilw we all stir you about your car being ricey, and all looks no go, it is a very nice car, and most of us would be proud to call it ours.

Put it this way, it's not like that Pursuit Ute that you said had nice number plates. That has go, but they've tried to make it look like a fwully sik Hyundai Excel! Here's a link to refresh your memory:

And now one of yours in comparison - I know which one I'd prefer, and it's black.

And a quote to remind you of what you said when you got the stripes done. I just think you need to be reminded what you said, and why you said it - it is a great looking car!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Naked Guy (aka Bucknaked)
....at this moment, I am 110% happy with the look. Thats it for the Bling exterior for me. I have no other plans at this stage for the car.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2006, 02:49 PM   #32
chief
FTF Club Moderator

I felt the same way Bucky. Did not know what to do. I was over my car. It looked like every other taxi wagon. And I couldn't be bothered to do anything to it. Didn't wash it, look after, just drove it.

Then I decided that I have a unique wagon and could make it better. Got myself a t3 motor. In doing so I rekindled the spirit that I have for me car.

Your problem is that your car is so good and you dont know what elso to do to it and what road to go down. Once you figure that out, you wont feel like this.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2006, 03:23 PM   #33
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

I noticed on another thread you picture a white BA......make your mind up Bucky that's your problem.
Your car looks great, either lose a bomb and get what you want and be happy or more get up and go in the Bling machine ! or get some new wheels, 9" rears and lower the slippery sucker a bit more.
Guess what ?! 9th set of wheels about to go on :hihi: maybe that keeps me going on a high _2:
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"

Last edited by FTE217; 16-10-2006 at 03:50 PM.
FTE217 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2006, 04:21 PM   #34
kryzak260
Brembo Lover

I feel like this sometimes, because i keep doing stuff to my baby, but i havent driven her in 9 months :(

Supercharge her or something and go hunting for that elusive backroad blacktop that we all enjoy

Hers: 2006 BF Super Pursuit in Vixen
kryzak260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2006, 06:46 PM   #35
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe it's a phase I'm going through, and to some extent, this is me all over, that I see something that I like and I want it. When i have it, I see something different or better, and I want it too.

Well I'm making a few plans now, so I have a direction that I know I want to be going. Thanks folks for the replies. Been some interesting replies and I think a lot of what has been is said hits the nail on the head.

I know now, what I must do. No I'm not telling
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2006, 06:47 PM   #36
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

New rims!!! :

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2006, 07:02 PM   #37
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
I know now, what I must do. No I'm not telling

Ah common...you can share it with your buddies can't ya.:

Honestly I think you car looks great mate. It's a really nice AU. But if your not happy with it, go get the car that you really want. I think we all know what that car is._2:

Cheers
Fastest Lap time At wakefield park on Dunlop Sp9000's : 1:14:30, Came 2nd in outright driver, in the overall V8 result, 2006 N.S.W dutton rally :1syellow1

:king: T3 :king: The Mightiest & Deadliest Tickford Ever To Hit The Road........
Firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2006, 07:02 PM   #38
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can't say. But once I finish the backyard, I think I'll be looking at doing something.
Old 16-10-2006, 07:03 PM   #39
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox7
Ah common...you can share it with your buddies can't ya.:

Honestly I think you car looks great mate. It's a really nice AU. But if your not happy with it, go get the car that you really want. I think we all know what that car is._2:

Cheers
Does it start with a "T" and end with a "0"
Old 16-10-2006, 07:08 PM   #40
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Does it start with a "T" and end with a "0"
Yes, it's MY TE50 Already having the stripes should soften the transition.....
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2006, 03:29 PM   #41
autickfordfairmont
Tickford Equiped

I know the feeling, i use to get it all the time with my EA, then i would be sitting back having a beer on the balcony and looking down at it and think, actually thats a nice car, i love my car.

I have recently had the same with my AU Fairmont, but was mostly cause of performance issues which are now sorted and i am happy with it again, although, my brothers car is now faster again, (New WRX, i was as quick as it until he put the new exahust on it), now i think mine is missing something, like leather, sunroof, and maybe a hairdryer chucked in the engine bay to. hahahah.

I think as others have said, if you are truely finished with this car, move up a step, jump to the V8 and start it all over again.
TS50 Front Bar with Fog lights, TS50 Rear Bar. Injected LPG System,
autickfordfairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post