Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 09-10-2006, 07:17 PM   #1
Forest Bear

Default Any LS Focus how-tos website...

I got this annoying rattle coming from inside the passenger front door. I can't be stuffed taking it to Ford dealer because I want to do it myself.

Just wondering anybody know how to remove interior panelling or a website that shows you how to do it. Just don't want to break anything.

Forest Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 11:19 PM   #2
20focus05
I wanna XR5

still under warranty, let them do it.
20focus05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 12:54 AM   #3
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Any ls how to websites?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20focus05
still under warranty, let them do it.

Not always a good thing dude.

Maybe if it were a falcon.

I found dealers to be absolutely hopeless with my german fiesta. They only know aussie stuff
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 01:50 AM   #4
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
I found dealers to be absolutely hopeless with my german fiesta.
As opposed to what other fiesta? A South African one?

My local Ford was very helpfull when I took her in for the gearbox, Wasn't selected 3rd. They took the car and at the end of the day I had it back with the box feeling great and without charge (as warranty work should be).
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 11:21 AM   #5
BlackLS

Yeah I've pulled door trims off... The lower part of the handle you have to pry off. Wrap a normal sized screw driver with cloth and pry between the top part and the bottom part.

You also have to take the door handle backing off (plastic behind the door handle). Just get the tips of your fingers behind it and pull like a mofo.

Then you need a plastic plug removal tool. They look like a big screwdriver but the end has sort of like a flat horseshoe shape. Put this took in position around the plastic plug and lever on a cloth, or twist side to side until removed.

Undo the wiring plugs and remove the trim from the car (put it inside the house on carpet, the plastic scratches easily.

If you can wait until tonight I can show you pics.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 11:42 AM   #6
Forest Bear

BlackLS, yes please!
Old 10-10-2006, 11:05 PM   #7
BlackLS

I've been a bit lazy so I'll just post up a door trim..

While your at it sound deaden inside the door.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:07 PM   #8
BlackLS

Also make sure you use protection on your tool to ensure you don't damage in/around the crack.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:04 AM   #9
Forest Bear

Much appreciated BlackLS. You're a true pioneer. Risking damage to your focus so we don't have to damage ours!
Old 11-10-2006, 12:36 AM   #10
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Bear
Much appreciated BlackLS. You're a true pioneer. Risking damage to your focus so we don't have to damage ours!
No worries. I've had most of the interior parts removed at some stage, bar the seats, carpet and the big top part of the dash. Just got to think laterally and use some force but not too much. Goes for exterior bits as well..

I have the rattle in the door as well. I'm holding out until I can get some splits, then have to take the door trim off again.

BTW the lugs that break if you pull are replaceable little pegs so don't be too worried.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:24 AM   #11
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
Also make sure you use protection on your tool to ensure you don't damage in/around the crack.
hahahaha sorry i don't see why noone else laughed at this...
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2006, 11:29 AM   #12
BlackLS

Just looking out for a fellow brother...
Old 11-10-2006, 12:06 PM   #13
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Any LS how to's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieoter
As opposed to what other fiesta? A South African one?

My local Ford was very helpfull when I took her in for the gearbox, Wasn't selected 3rd. They took the car and at the end of the day I had it back with the box feeling great and without charge (as warranty work should be).

Pieoter :ymca: , if you had taken the time to read my post and the posts before it you would have realised that i was making a point that ford generally doesnt have a clue about cars other than those built in australia.

In this thread it was in regards to a SOUTH AFRICAN Focus, now being south african i think you and i can realise thats not australian built, correct :yeees:

I was making a point that the FIESTA is GERMAN built, so hence once again its not something built in australia correct? :yeees:

So my point was that when i have taken my car into ford for anything minor, i have found them to be completely clueless and completely rude. So as you might realise, taking the car into a dealership for minor warranty stuff isnt always a great idea. :ymca:
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 11-10-2006, 12:30 PM   #14
Forest Bear

I agree with MitchLX.

My LS Zetec had 130km on the ODO when the engine warning light came on and stayed on. It took THREE visits to the dealership for it to finally get fixed. First it was the throttle body. I reckon they did nothing but reset the computer as the problem came back immediately after I drove out of the service centre. The catalytic converter had packed up. According to them.

There is a rattle coming from the driver side front. Its a SUSPENSION rattle. Even I know this. It occurs only in slow speeds over uneven roads. Its not that bad. When I took it to the dealer. A guy went for a ride with me in the passenger seat and confirmed the noise. After leaving with them for half a day when I picked it up a moron told me whether I was using premium fuel. WTF? He says the rattle was the engine pinging. I will say no more.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:53 PM   #15
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Forest... Mate i feel your pain.

Ive had a couple tiny tiny things that ive gone to the dealer about.

When my car was nearly brand new it had this really REALLY bad sulphur smell if the engine was loaded up (ie. going up a hill in 4th)
So just as a precaution i rung ford and they asked me to bring it into them... they asked me to wait as they wouldnt be long.

Three hours later the guy walks back into the waiting room and goes '' i only smelt it when i flogged it'' i got the car back with 1/4 less tank of fuel and i felt completely violated. I spoke very seriously with the service manager and he confirmed that they had to rev the car a little bit but that they didnt drive it and he was sorry for saying they ''flogged it''.

Another time was when there was a really really irritating squeek comming from underneath the car... i took it to ford and i walked to tafe (about 15 mins away)

5 hours later i had a call saying they still hadnt found the problem but that i should head over because it wont be long. Turns out that the handbrake cable that runs underneath the car had popped out of its little clips. Simple fix. but god, how long did it take them !

Loads of fun :
Old 11-10-2006, 01:29 PM   #16
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its called a joke. Many get off the serious pills Mitch _

Alot of times you will get dodgy dealers but sometimes you get lucky and find a good one. Once you find someone good that takes care of the car stick to them like glue. Luckly mine was good.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post