Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-09-2024, 08:02 AM   #2911
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Default Re: Why is it.................?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
I've long been a supporter of the worlds population needing a permit to breed..... but anyway....

WHY is it, that with everyone trying to tell me its just soooo easy to be a parts interpreter, that armed with literally every single bit of information at their fingertips, people still manage to order the wrong **** parts on a regular basis?
Dealing qith a fun problem atm with a BA ute where the previous owner thought he'd be smart and ordered a spare key, took it to a locksmith who then supposedly cut & programmed it for him.
Its got me buggered how it got programmed..... whilst its a tibbe key, it doesnt have a transponder chip in it!
If it's just the standard key it may have only been used as an access key.
Or there were several standard keys and a transponder chip placed within range of the reader, a common doings with taxis.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2024, 10:47 AM   #2912
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
I've long been a supporter of the worlds population needing a permit to breed..... but anyway....

WHY is it, that with everyone trying to tell me its just soooo easy to be a parts interpreter, that armed with literally every single bit of information at their fingertips, people still manage to order the wrong **** parts on a regular basis?
I am in charge of purchasing 1000's of parts every week, I constantly have problems with parts suppliers who when even armed with part numbers still send the wrong parts, Euro stuff being one of the worst, Mahindra is at the top of the list of the worst as they change production methods every odd day, so its a lucky dip to what you will be supplied or if it will even fit.

I feel your pain
prktkljokr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2024, 02:20 PM   #2913
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
If it's just the standard key it may have only been used as an access key.
Or there were several standard keys and a transponder chip placed within range of the reader, a common doings with taxis.
Sadly, not the case, 1 owner/driver who thought he knew better.... he didnt even know about he transponder & was shocked when I used the 2nd key, and it started then shut off immediately!
Old Today, 08:50 PM   #2914
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6
Well, I haven't had a weekend off since I last took annual leave back in January.
Quote:
I know. I do defer days off into weekdays, but that doesn't always work and means I miss out on family things, events like car shows/concerts ect.

I'm actually gearing up for 3-months long service leave, I've been at the company since 2003 and have yet to take anything other than the usual 2-weeks annual leave.

Of course, this leave falling in spring (peak selling period) has me feeling guilty, but I've been waiting two years for the catalyst to this leave (a new car), if not now, then when?
Quote:
You look after your staff better than most.

I've been permanent part time since about 2005. That's the culture, work work work work is good, taking time off is an inconvenience. It's "expected" that staff take leave in February because that's the quietest month. Winter? No, because they need the manual labor. Spring? No, that's peak selling period. Christmas? No, peak selling period and the time they want to take off with their own family. Being a single male with no family, what else could I have to do outside of work, right?

I have 420 hours of annual leave owing, 120 hours of sick leave. Nearly three lots of long service leave. They all took extended leave last year jetting off to the other side of the world, leaving the staffing situation short..............then expected me to drop everything in my own business to fill that gap. Loosing me for three months in Spring.............they will have to just deal with it. ITS MY TURN. I'm just a big angry typing that.
I know I'm a broken record on this topic, so sorry to bring it up again but I have no outlet to vent this.

Shortly after I announced intention to take extended leave starting in October and hopefully lasting until mid-January, the company took on another part-time employee. I've been working closely with this person to train her to my standards and expectations. All had been going so well, it's not often a new employee shows up with a willingness to learn and work hard, as well as taking on information and putting it to use straight away with minimal input. In other words, a quick learner.

Well, today my "apprentice" announced her departure in two weeks. Not only does this hurt from the point of view that she showed exceptional potential, it has me questioning my intentions in a few weeks. Now they will be down two at staff at the busiest time of the year.

Why do I care so much about this when it's not even my business? Why do I care so much after the countless times where I have sacrificed my own business or family to their benefit. And after the last three weeks where I have been left to do a task all by myself that once took 4 to 5 people do.

I'm angry, upset, annoyed and depressed and at myself and the company I slave for.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post