Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-11-2011, 03:15 AM   #1
sirchAU
'mechanically-challenged'

Default Replacing front passenger door armrest/grab handle

Was looking through the 'useful AU threads' thread to find a 'how to' on removing the grab handle on the passenger side door trim in my car, and couldn't find one. Not the overhead grab-handles, but the one near the power window switch (see pic below). The armrest handle, i think. What is this part of the door officially called?

Anyway, it's got a nasty big scuff on it, that looks like it's been coloured in in texta. Am getting the seats redone in leather soon (as seen in my other thread) and will want to replace this too before i'll be fully satisfied.

This is the scuff:

Is this 'grab handle' thing is easily removed? I don't wanna break it by just yanking it off not knowing what i'm doing. Or is it part of the door trim and will I have to remove the whole trim to get it out?

Excuse my ignorance if this is a really easy thing to do, but i've never done it before and was hoping for a bit of help. I've never worked on cars ever before, and before i got my AU had no interest in it either. So think of me as a complete beginner when it comes to anything modification. As I've said before in other threads, I'm willing to learn, but there aren't any motor/mechanical heads in my family or close group of friends, so the internet (you guys) will have to do!

Thanks heaps in advance,
Chris