Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-07-2011, 11:32 AM   #1
Zero_PSI
Banned

Default Network Admins

What job do you do. Where? and what qualifications do you have.

I'm just starting my cert 3 in Network Administration. Hopefully will end up going on to uni. But I just wanna see what other people have and suggest that I do to support it.

Zero_PSI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2011, 06:41 PM   #2
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: Network Admins

Hey mate,

You don't need uni to become a Network Admin, my suggestion would be finished your advanced diploma, get a job then try and get your work to pay for uni. Always handy to have a bit of paper behind you!

You should get a fair bit of prior learning that way as well! Other way you can do it is 1 year bridge at TAFE then finish 2nd and 3rd year at uni.

I know a few network admins, they all have good Active Directory knowledge, at least one Micro$oft certificate and a healthy knowledge of how MS Exchange works. Throw into the mix how to setup and troubleshoot LAN / WAN connections (CCNA is a good course, found it gave a very good grounding in all things network related) and you've got yourself a pretty good shot
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post