Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 10:32 PM   #1
Banned

Default same hoon laws for every state

I was reading the hoon laws and was thinking the law should be left the following and nothing but the following. I want every ones signatures and names (minimum is names and license numbers) that want to keep it this way and I want as many signatures and names as possible, even if they write it on paper, scan that add that picture as a attachment and post it up so all names and signatures can be sent off to the hoon department and the departments

1. the current laws for vehicle for seizing which is 1st time seize for 48 hrs, 2nd for 3 months, 3rd no car should be kept that way for ever and ever.

2. if hoons do burnouts in their relatives cars that aren’t their own I don’t think their relatives/mates cars should be taken. I think they should get it back with proof of rego ownership it should only be their own cars that get taken as its not fair if the hoons get other peoples cars seized that they don’t even own because what if people like that car. I think if they pinch the car and the real owners don’t even know that did it I think they should get it back if they hand a rego paper to the hoon place to prove they own the car, not the hoon.

3. people should NEVER NEVER have their cars crushed as they may not own the car that they get crushed and before they crush it people should be given lots and lots of time to give the hoon place a rego paper to prove they own it if the hoon doesn’t own the car they do burnouts in.

4. people any age should NEVER NEVER get their cars seized for accidentally spinning the wheels in loose gravel, slipping in oil or when it rains, slipping in water, slipping in anything on the road because I know those are accidents.

5. people should never have to have yearly inspections, just if they put something in a car that didnt come with that as standard or optional in any state EG a chev motor in a ts magna as that only came out in 2.6L Carby, 2.6L EFI and 3.0L EFI.

6. people shouldnt have to have yearly tests to pass or fail a license only really old people.

Old 10-08-2007, 10:36 PM   #2
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Bwahahahahahahah I hope you arent serious.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:41 PM   #3
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

who r u?
pretty big info we are giving out??
Old 10-08-2007, 10:43 PM   #4
Banned

i just thoguh id start a petition with all the people on a list who want the hoon laws left the way they are thats why i wanted your names and signitures and that so they can all go the hoon law place
Old 10-08-2007, 10:57 PM   #5
Badcooky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The hoon laws should be challenged in the courts they are not a legal mandate.
Taking someones property is theft,pure and simple.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:15 PM   #6
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcooky
Until its passed as a law. If you gonna play up on the roads, you deserve whats coming to you. And trust me, its coming.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:18 PM   #7
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcooky
Could you please expand on what you mean?
Old 10-08-2007, 11:21 PM   #8
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Could you please expand on what you mean?
Good point FPV8U.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:12 AM   #9
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAadam
Until its passed as a law. If you gonna play up on the roads, you deserve whats coming to you. And trust me, its coming.
x2

and point 5 and 6 what a croc of sh**, there are more unsafe pos on our roads that shouldn't be re registered to start with than any modified car

pink slip inspections are there for a reason.

annual licence testing should be compulsory for ALL drivers every 2 years after green p's, keeps ya skills and rules fresh in the head me thinks.

but if you want to push your recommendations maybe you should send them to aca and today tonight or any other media bandwagon that seem to have an opinion about our hobby.
my 2 cents :
Old 11-08-2007, 12:21 AM   #10
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12000
I was reading the hoon laws and was thinking the law should be left the following and nothing but the following. I want every ones signatures and names (minimum is names and license numbers) that want to keep it this way and I want as many signatures and names as possible, even if they write it on paper, scan that add that picture as a attachment and post it up so all names and signatures can be sent off to the hoon department and the departments
I will not put up my name, signature and license number on a PUBLIC forum!
Would you also like my Acc no. and PIN?

Quote:
1.the current laws for vehicle for seizing which is 1st time seize for 48 hrs, 2nd for 3 months, 3rd no car should be kept that way for ever and ever.
I do not agree, Whoever is dumb enough to get caught 3 times, does not deserve the right to drive.

Quote:
2.if hoons do burnouts in their relatives cars that aren’t their own I don’t think their relatives/mates cars should be taken. I think they should get it back with proof of rego ownership it should only be their own cars that get taken as its not fair if the hoons get other peoples cars seized that they don’t even own because what if people like that car. I think if they pinch the car and the real owners don’t even know that did it I think they should get it back if they hand a rego paper to the hoon place to prove they own the car, not the hoon.
Its up to the person driving whether or not to break the law, they know the consequences and getting a mates/family members car impounded is a huge disrespectful slap in the face. Why shouldnt they take responsibility for their actions and face up to the owners of the car like a man...

Quote:
3.people should NEVER NEVER have their cars crushed as they may not own the car that they get crushed and before they crush it people should be given lots and lots of time to give the hoon place a rego paper to prove they own it if the hoon doesn’t own the car they do burnouts in.
Lots and lots of time to strip/rape the car, (see response to qn 2)

Quote:
4.people any age should NEVER NEVER get their cars seized for accidentally spinning the wheels in loose gravel, slipping in oil or when it rains, slipping in water, slipping in anything on the road because I know those are accidents.
This is too open to interpretation, your word against theirs... Plus, It could be abused to the point of laying oil or giving it an extra bootful because of this greasy little 'get out of jail free card' on the road.

Quote:
5. people should never have to have yearly inspections, just if they put something in a car that didnt come with that as standard or optional in any state EG a chev motor in a ts magna as that only came out in 2.6L Carby, 2.6L EFI and 3.0L EFI..
As if there arent enough pieces of sh!t travelling our roads with dodgy breaks and bald tyres.

Quote:
6. people shouldnt have to have yearly tests to pass or fail a license only really old people.
I dont think it should be yearly, every 5 yrs maybe... It keeps people on their toes.

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

Old 11-08-2007, 12:21 AM   #11
tapeworm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

luhiulqwdhi
Old 11-08-2007, 11:04 AM   #12
red_hotxr6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAadam
Exactly, well said. The other thing is that, police officers have seen enough of this nonsense, day in and day out, they are only human beings, why should they have to arrive at the scene of a senseless race smash to be greeted with 1-2-3-4 odd young bodies mangled and bleeding all for the sake of one moments indiscretion, then there are the ambulance drivers that have to clean this mess up, then there are the parents the friends, they have had enough and now after YEARS of this nonsense they have been driven to try and clean it up even if this means CRUSHING the offending cars after the 2nd or 3rd warning..
Old 11-08-2007, 11:13 AM   #13
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

why are people still complaining about the hoon laws

the way i look at it is that each and every driver has a choice as to the way they drive a car

as for the crushing of cars goes i say bring it on then we wont see to many people being dicks on the road

my 2c worth

jason
Old 11-08-2007, 11:26 AM   #14
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

12000, you have zero information in your profile, yet you want others to put up names and licence numbers ? :
Old 11-08-2007, 11:51 AM   #15
red_hotxr6
Banned

Who is this masked..man?
Old 11-08-2007, 11:59 AM   #16
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hmmm, licence numbers and names published on the internet. Anyone up for some identity fraud?
Old 11-08-2007, 12:01 PM   #17
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The only thing I agree with is they shouldn't crush cars. Rest of it is pure and utter crap

Name: Mickey Mouse
Licence No: 123ABC
Old 11-08-2007, 12:43 PM   #18
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

This is going nowhere.
Closed Thread