Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 18-06-2005, 03:57 PM   #31
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Go Chrisie Boy Go Son......................
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2005, 06:15 PM   #32
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupe
Here's something I found whilst looking on my video

Rick Click and Save .. 3+Meg
I noticed I chopped off the interesting bit by accident.. the time !!

All fixed now.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2005, 06:22 PM   #33
SLY XR8
Who's your Daddy now

I could watch that all day.

Thats What I'm Talking About!!!!

SLY XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2005, 06:41 PM   #34
XRQTOR
Banned

When will it end, another fine result by Chris & Simon.

Cant wait till Chris sends one down the strip that he's pulled apart and tinkered with, knocking on 12's and only a pass or two away from it in an unopened auto 26o is the . Imagine what they'd run with a fiddle inside.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2005, 06:43 PM   #35
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hope next week is the 12s... I should be there with the video ... The occasion needs to be recorded !
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2005, 06:55 PM   #36
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
There are plenty who love the burn out comp, but to let the useless 4 cyl sigma come back out and waste another 10 mins of valuable racing time was a disgrace..
Calder Park in recent weeks has lost the plot...
We need some people who know about racing to run things there..
maybe some OFR members could take over..
Im with you Mark, the only good thing about the burnout comp is it gives you time to get food with without missing something that is actually worth watching, i couldn't care less if they dropped it all togethor.

Last edited by Falcon Coupe; 18-06-2005 at 08:21 PM. Reason: spelling
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2005, 06:59 PM   #37
Mr Turbo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well done SLY XR8 :sm_headba good luck for next week mate.

Rob...
Mr Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2005, 07:14 PM   #38
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Hopefully next Fri night that 12 come's, it's good to see the Boss starting to real out some great time's to that of the LS1's.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2005, 08:25 PM   #39
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Im with you Mark, the only good thing about the burnout comp is it gives you time to get food with without missing something that is actually worth watching, i couldn't care less if they dropped it all togethor.
Wow didn't think were people out there who didn't like burnouts. Granted **** weak tas shouldn't be allowed to enter but hell none altogether and you wouldn't care.
Old 19-06-2005, 02:41 AM   #40
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Wow didn't think were people out there who didn't like burnouts. Granted **** weak tas shouldn't be allowed to enter but hell none altogether and you wouldn't care.
Don't get me wrong, i like burnouts, the thing is many people put a lot of time and effort into going to Calder to race, to me the burnout comp is a waste of time that stops people getting more passes in.
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2005, 02:50 AM   #41
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, i like burnouts, the thing is many people put a lot of time and effort into going to Calder to race, to me the burnout comp is a waste of time that stops people getting more passes in.
100% Spot on, its more important to get as many cars down the track..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2005, 11:37 AM   #42
xdclevo
The Fun Mobile

Quote:
Yep. Some people come a long way to race, and would be annoying to be held up with burnouts. Its 4 hours just to get to the drags for me, so theres my rant for the day :
xdclevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2005, 11:59 AM   #43
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
100% Spot on, its more important to get as many cars down the track..
Your avatar distracts me Mark, but the words ring true.....................

Burnouts should be conducted on another night.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2005, 12:36 PM   #44
DEAN@ACE

Default burnouts

Dont drop the burnouts at calder chris ? it might be the only thing im good at lol..............
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2005, 01:24 PM   #45
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

Quote:

What he said. It slows things up way too much. You don't go there to watch a clown in his Mum's car try to do a skid, you go there to race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2005, 06:24 PM   #46
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Up here at WSIDW more time is wasted on clean ups than the burnout comp, usually only 3-5 cars compete so it's no big deal. And a good percentage of the time they are held while cleanups are taking place.
Old 19-06-2005, 08:01 PM   #47
rodderz

Hopefully Calder Park does get the funding to dramatically improve the track, the running of it and the facilities. Either that or build a new facility quick smart

Drag racing is becoming big again all over the country and if they were on the ball they'd take good advantage of it. All of the other states' tracks are doing very well and are well presented
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2005, 09:32 PM   #48
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Hopefully Calder Park does get the funding to dramatically improve the track, the running of it and the facilities. Either that or build a new facility quick smart

Drag racing is becoming big again all over the country and if they were on the ball they'd take good advantage of it. All of the other states' tracks are doing very well and are well presented
Having never been to any other strip bar WSIDW i cant comment on them but the sydney strip is awsome.

My only complaint's are the night's they are held on and the wait once in, waiting in line for 4-5 hours to get a max of 4 runs in if your lucky. They have a 2oo car or 7:oopm cutoff, i havent been to a meet yet where 2oo cars haven't attended.

Great fun indeed and i think a second strip is viable for sydney, a member made mention that slower cars can use the old eastern creek strip and faster ones can use the new strip. It would help speed things up and get more people to the strip and off the road.
Old 19-06-2005, 10:56 PM   #49
xdclevo
The Fun Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
My only complaint's are the night's they are held on and the wait once in, waiting in line for 4-5 hours to get a max of 4 runs in if your lucky. They have a 2oo car or 7:oopm cutoff, i havent been to a meet yet where 2oo cars haven't attended.
Thats sounds mad. Last week i raced in Nth Qld and there was approx 15 cars. I was annoyed to wait 5 minutes some runs :yeees:
xdclevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2005, 12:48 AM   #50
Rod

Congratulations Chris, Simon & Dave
very well done with the 13.0 thats a great acchivement from the 5.4 & an even greater accivement from the 260 version

as for Calder they are undergoing some changes there, some radical & some not so radical, time should sort it all out

as for the burnout comp, i always thought it was a waste of time but just take a look at how many of the crowd leave when the burnout comp is finnished & you will see how popular it is

i would prefer that all the burnout compeditors had to be there by 7.00 Pm & then if ever there is an oil down then run the comp then or maybe have the burnout comp in a different area so it can be run the same time as the drag raceing

regards
rod
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2005, 01:04 AM   #51
SLY LS1
347ci Mazda RX4

To true Rod, the burnout cars and drivers should be sitting on the infield at 7pm just incase theres an oil down, its is amazing to see just bhow many of the crowd do leave straight after the burnouts.

Theres a rumor going round that Lindsay Fox has been looking into building a drag strip at avalon airport on Geelong road. :

Well done Dave & Chris on the 13.06, nice work, see you Friday night boys :the_finge
Old 23-06-2005, 01:06 AM   #52
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLY LS1
To true Rod, the burnout cars and drivers should be sitting on the infield at 7pm just incase theres an oil down, its is amazing to see just bhow many of the crowd do leave straight after the burnouts.

Theres a rumor going round that Lindsay Fox has been looking into building a drag strip at avalon airport on Geelong road. :

Well done Dave & Chris on the 13.06, nice work, see you Friday night boys :the_finge
He's got the money i'll assure you that.
Old 23-06-2005, 02:16 AM   #53
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLY LS1

That would be a ripper, but thats even further out for the eastern suburbs people.....
Now how we going to find out for sure, Anyone going for a BBQ at Lindsay Fox's jiont this week...

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2005, 09:09 AM   #54
Chris
AFF.com.au

Call the wolf, he can find out anything.
Old 23-06-2005, 10:10 AM   #55
Rod

Lindsay Fox & his Consortium have bought Luna Park & are planing on redeveloping it to its former

they also own the land at Avalon were it was talked about building a Drag Strip a few years ago but like most things in regards to Motor Sport in Victoria nothing has happened

Maybe we all need to send a letter to Justin Madden as he is our Minister for Sport & Recreation asking him to set asside some money for a real Drag Strip

From what i can see if its Motor Sport related Madden doesent want to know about it, i think it may have something to do with the fact that when he play'd football it only required the use of one ball as opposed to Drag Raceing that requires 2 Balls

just my $0.02 worth

regards
rod
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2005, 12:29 PM   #56
Chris
AFF.com.au

har har har, good one rocket boy!!
Old 23-06-2005, 12:30 PM   #57
Chris
AFF.com.au

two is good, especially of they are snails.............
Old 23-06-2005, 12:37 PM   #58
JG3282
Awake after dark

My Dad actually gave 15 years at Linfox, some of those years he was a boss and knows the Fox family. Maybe he can find out.

His Car: XE Fairmont Ghia - For Sale Here

Her Car: ED Fairmont - Lowered, Pioneer stereo, Sony XPlod speakers, Big Exhaust & more
JG3282 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post