Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 20-03-2011, 03:02 PM   #1
eviledward
Starter Motor

Default Need opinions before purchasing a Ford Fiesta WT Zetec Automatic

Hi guys!

I just recently ordered my Fiesta Zetec WT 1.6 Auto for 24,000 with free mats drive away. They originally offered me 26,000 and went all the way down to 24,188 with mats. I finally bargained my way to 24,000 with the mats.

First off I want to ask your opinions, is this a good deal for the new Fiesta?

Secondly, I have been told about the Complete Car Package on my new Fiesta which will cost me roughly 2,250. This includes the interior and exterior paint protection along with a free tinting and scratch and dint membership (they apparently get rid of small scratches for 55 dollars). The product they are offering is all under the Fifth Dimension company.

HOWEVER, I have been looking online about the usefulness of this Complete Car Package and have seriously changed my mind about purchasing it. Most of them say this is a waste of money and that they are merely ripping you off.

Can you actually get this type of protection from an aftermarket retailer and are these care packages really worth the money getting? If they are can anyone suggest a place to get them?

BTW is it true that 91 ron actually makes the car perform worse, anyone can back that up?

I know I'm asking a lot but thanks for taking a look.

Cheers!
EvilEd

eviledward is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2011, 04:15 PM   #2
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Need opinions before purchasing a Ford Fiesta WT Zetec Automatic

Not sure if your getting a good deal on the price. There are some new members who just got their WT fiesta, so they might be able to tell you what they paid. Our WS fiesta Zetec manual was $22k after much haggling.

Hold off on the protection package if your not sure. I got it and they started at $2500 for us, but in the end we paid under $1000 from memory.

Im usually a sceptic but I must say the protection pack has been worth it for us, bird poo, tree wax, road grime, tar, bugs and especially the brake dust, all that comes off really really easy with just a sponge, even if left on for ages and the paint is perfect still after 18months.

Ive never even had to wax it.

In saying all that, if you clean your car all the time, then all thats not an issue anyway and you'll save yourself $1000.

Ask about extended warranty. We paid a few hundred bucks to get the full 5 year warranty.

A full tank of fuel is good if you can still wrangle it.
Also check the rego amount, because they will give you 3 months instead of 12months if you dont ask.

The fiesta is designed for 95ron, 91 made our fiesta ping like crazy especially on hot days. Ever since then we use shell vpower and it runs awesome.

Which state are you in?
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2011, 05:07 PM   #3
Oriory

I managed to get a WS Fiesta Zetec manual for $20k, no extras though such as mats, bonnet protectors etc.
Oriory is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2011, 08:47 PM   #4
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some dealers are advertising WS Zetec models at $21K driveway, without any haggling. I say while you didn't get ripped of, $26K would have been a joke, $24K is on the higher side of a bargain.

Didn't get the protection pack on mine, and it still looks perfect. Yes, I have swirl marks, but that's inevitable. The dealer makes so much money on the protection pack, that if you really wanted it, contact a third party and they'll normally do it much cheaper. Tint-a-car offer it as part of their loaded pack with tinting as well.

Troy is spot on. in Europe they don't have 91RON, so it's a 95RON plus car IMHO.
Old 20-03-2011, 08:50 PM   #5
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

WT LX Auto for $20,500 drive away (12 months rego) in WA, and if I could be bothered haggling I probably could've got some more off. That said, it was a 2010 plate model about a month ago, so I presume yours is a 2011 model, which means your price is about right.

Have you tried asking some other dealers to beat that price?

Here's a link to some suggested pricing. These are without on-road costs, but I aimed at and beat the suggested pricing *with* on-road costs, and as I said, I'm sure there was still some give in the bottom line.

http://www.carshowroom.com.au/newcars/2011/Ford/Fiesta

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.

Last edited by In Focus; 20-03-2011 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Added link to pricing
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2011, 09:35 PM   #6
Caydus

Got my WT LX Auto for $20,300 in NSW drive away. No extras though. Had to do Alot of wrangling to get that price though. Most dealers won't do less than $21,000 though and had to go to several dealers to get it.

I've heard that the crystal guard stuff provides minimal if not negligible protection for the paint. Might as well just wax it and call it a day.

As for the other accessories, if you're willing to put in the time to research you can find equvalent quality after market bits and pieces for cheaper than Ford's, but also many more that's rubbish and expensive.
Caydus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2011, 01:26 AM   #7
eviledward
Starter Motor

BTW guys I'm pretty new to buying a car so could someone explain what is REGO? Is that like the months of registration?

Thanks for the replies so far.

I'm really starting to think that I got a pretty good deal for what I got. I suppose I'll be giving a call to other dealers and checking whether I can get a better price. From what they calculated for me though the car in itself would cost me 20,818 without any of the dealer delivery and other administrative matters.

According to In_Focus' website my base price for the zetec WT Automatic is going for 22,990. (Am I looking at the right one In_Focus?)

I live in Victoria for those of you who are asking which state I am in.
Old 21-03-2011, 02:00 AM   #8
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

'Rego' is short for registration.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2011, 03:38 PM   #9
eviledward
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
'Rego' is short for registration.
Thanks for the heads up, what is the usual length of registration? A year?
Old 21-03-2011, 06:51 PM   #10
somers181

I wasnt aware they had released the WT Zetec yet???
I bought the WT Auto sedan model for $19K then put after market wheels, tint, centre arm rest, rear boot spoiler and real spare wheel.
Forget the protection package, you can do alot better going and getting the stuff you want/need. Ford were going to charge over the top prices and i was able to get the exact tint from the same company direct and saved almost $100. The paint protection is a different matter again as there are so many places offering different packages, as my car is metalic black i had organised my own deals in the end as ford once stuffed me up previously with a dark metalic XR6 Turbo i would not trust them to look after the paint again. I was never offered extended warranty and would consider this a sensible option once looked into and you were happy having Ford service your car otherwise they wont assist if its been done by someone else which happended on last last Focus........... you have been warned/advised.
Old 21-03-2011, 11:37 PM   #11
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviledward
Thanks for the heads up, what is the usual length of registration? A year?
Dealers normally offer a year, though you can get a six month rego. No less that I'm aware of.
Old 22-03-2011, 12:38 AM   #12
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
Dealers normally offer a year, though you can get a six month rego. No less that I'm aware of.
3 month in sa as well.
Old 22-03-2011, 04:44 PM   #13
troyww
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
3 months in W.A. as well . We got caught buying a car where we bargained in 12 months rego but a couple of months in we got the renewal notice . The dealer ended up paying for another 6 months . Definately something to double check on delivery .
troyww is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2011, 12:18 AM   #14
eviledward
Starter Motor

Thanks for the heads up guys. I just called my dealer to confirm whether I was getting a 12 month rego and so far he confirmed with me that it will be indeed 12 months. I will make sure once again on delivery date.

From the looks of it I will keep my 24k deal and opt out of any options from Ford.

Does anybody in the forum still go to their ford dealer for servicing?
Old 23-03-2011, 12:42 AM   #15
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I might add to those commenting about the price you paid. Most of them bought a manual and the auto is a $2000 option. Some didn't mention the year model so if yours is 2011 then you are in the ballpark. Drop the paint pack and get it at half the price by shopping around outside. Asking about dealer servicing is asking how long is a piece of string. Some ppl are happy, some not. Some have had great dealer servicing, some absolutely disgraceful. Personally I am very happy with my dealer and unhappy with some outside mechanics. But without a doubt everyone will say you will pay more through your dealer. Happy motoring.
Old 23-03-2011, 02:23 AM   #16
eviledward
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun
I might add to those commenting about the price you paid. Most of them bought a manual and the auto is a $2000 option. Some didn't mention the year model so if yours is 2011 then you are in the ballpark. Drop the paint pack and get it at half the price by shopping around outside. Asking about dealer servicing is asking how long is a piece of string. Some ppl are happy, some not. Some have had great dealer servicing, some absolutely disgraceful. Personally I am very happy with my dealer and unhappy with some outside mechanics. But without a doubt everyone will say you will pay more through your dealer. Happy motoring.
Thanks for that deesun, I'm glad to know that I'm getting a good deal out of my new Zetec. BTW it is indeed the 2011 model. It sort of makes sense now that I remember that the automatic is indeed a more pricier option.

I live in Melbourne, the CBD area and I found that some people really hate City Ford servicing.

Is it possible to get servicing from other Ford dealers and still maintain the extended warranty and all?
Old 23-03-2011, 10:43 PM   #17
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The only real reason its easier to get Ford to service your car is because it makes warranty claims easier. If you get a 3rd party mechanic to service your car (which your certainly allowed to do) then any warranty issues, the ford dealer will act like a tiny girl and tell you its all your mechanics fault.

My dealer tried to blame a mechanic on the a small fault with our fez until he realised they did the service...
Old 25-03-2011, 01:58 AM   #18
eviledward
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoesLikeAZetec
The only real reason its easier to get Ford to service your car is because it makes warranty claims easier. If you get a 3rd party mechanic to service your car (which your certainly allowed to do) then any warranty issues, the ford dealer will act like a tiny girl and tell you its all your mechanics fault.

My dealer tried to blame a mechanic on the a small fault with our fez until he realised they did the service...
Damn Ford haha! I don't know what to do now, read online about a review on my ford service center nearby and it was pretty bad. Is it really true that City Fords are worse when compared to those located in the suburbs?
Old 26-03-2011, 02:30 AM   #19
eviledward
Starter Motor

Just heard from another forum about a guy getting a Zetec 2011 for 22k drive away. Is that actually possible? He's claiming they offered it to him off the bat. I'm looking at car review sites and the RRP without any of the taxes is at least 20,000. How he got 2,000 for the automatic,taxes, stamp duty and dealer delivery is stumping me.

Anybody can give an explanation?
Old 26-03-2011, 02:53 AM   #20
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Are you sure it's not the older model (the WS)? You can get some of them plated as 2011, but they are not the latest model WT. The WS is definitely not as cool in the auto, being 1.4L 71kw and 4 spd (as opposed to 1.6L 89kw and 6 spd in the new WT model.

Old 26-03-2011, 12:01 PM   #21
eviledward
Starter Motor

Yeah I'm pretty sure he knows the difference between the wt and ws model. I'll post the reply below. Btw in_focus what do you think of 24k for a WT zetec? Too steep?

eviledward writes...
I just recently ordered my Fiesta Zetec WT 1.6 Auto for 24,000 with free mats

First lesson, nothing is free. I wouldn't sweat on them anyway they're worth about $80.

eviledward writes...
BTW anyone here think 24k is money well spent towards buying a Fiesta Zetec?

To tell you the truth, no. I walked in off the street and managed to get under 22k straight off the bat. I'm sorry to say you got ripped mate.

fakem writes...
Seems a decent price.

No, its not. It's barely under RRP.

eviledward writes...
I somehow "bargained" my way from 26k to 24k. Is the dealer trying to sham me once again?

Definately taking advantage of you. See below.

Vogon Constructor writes...
Ford are selling 2010 manual Zetecs for $21k on road with $600 cash back, so $3k extra for the auto seems a little steep.

My girlfriend bought an auto 2010 2 weeks ago. I talked the salesman down to $21300 after visiting 3 different dealerships. Prior to the purchase I already had a price on a 2011 Zetec auto for under 22k, so I knew I could get the 2010 cheaper. I tried to push $21000 for an auto and was refused straight away so was pretty happy with $21300.

Gazza writes...
wouldn't buy a WS auto – it's a 4 speed, vs the 6 speed in the WT

I've test driven both and barely noticed any difference. I preferred the interior of the German built 2010 anyway, and the new rims on the 2011 didn't tickle my fancy.

What dealership have you been dealing with?
Old 26-03-2011, 01:00 PM   #22
eviledward
Starter Motor

Guys. Is dealer delivery really just a bogus number the dealer gives you to charge you more for the car?
Old 26-03-2011, 01:37 PM   #23
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The cheapest zetec powershifts available are $23,790 driveaway. That's your benchmark from the looks.

If this search can't be copied into your browser window, simply go to carsales.com.au and search for 2011 WT Fiesta Zetec powershift cars.

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/results.aspx?Qpb=true&keywords=&SearchAction=N&sid =12EE05774CA8&Nne=15&tsrc=allcarhome&Ns=pCar_RankS ort_Int32|1||pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|1||pCar_Make_S tring|0||pCar_Model_String|0&N=1216%201246%201247% 201252%204294966463%204294966462%204294706628

Old 26-03-2011, 02:52 PM   #24
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviledward
Guys. Is dealer delivery really just a bogus number the dealer gives you to charge you more for the car?
Basically yes.
Old 28-03-2011, 12:29 PM   #25
GUNXR6T
SRBRO

Would not buy thai version fiesta, they r cr@p, my girlfriend had WS LX was awesome but ended up crashing it, so it got replaced with WT LX thai version and man what a junk, felt loose no guts, u can just feel the difference after the WS german, so went to a dealer test drove the german one and straight away u feel the tightness on it and how smooth it drives with some guts in it, so now she is trading in the WT For WS zetec. O and thai version zetec has no hologen headlights unlike the WS. Cheap thai cr@p cutting cost fkrs
Old 28-03-2011, 06:44 PM   #26
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNXR6T
Would not buy thai version fiesta, they r cr@p, my girlfriend had WS LX was awesome but ended up crashing it, so it got replaced with WT LX thai version and man what a junk, felt loose no guts, u can just feel the difference after the WS german, so went to a dealer test drove the german one and straight away u feel the tightness on it and how smooth it drives with some guts in it, so now she is trading in the WT For WS zetec.
While I've only ever test driven a couple of Thai built WT models, I found them quite tight, a wee bit quieter and the quality wasn't far off the German made WS. Again, these were just test drives so nothing compared to having a car for some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNXR6T
and thai version zetec has no hologen headlights unlike the WS. Cheap thai cr@p cutting cost fkrs
All models still get the halogen headlights, but the WS Zetec got the projector beams. To be frank, I think they make bugger all difference. They do look great however!
Old 29-03-2011, 11:00 AM   #27
trumpy73

I live in Perth and pretty sure I saw the Zetec WT advertised in the paper on Saturday for $19,990 driveaway. The LX was $18990.
trumpy73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2011, 05:48 PM   #28
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you haven't taken delivery of the Fiesta or agreed to it yet, have a word with the site sponsers (Etheridge Ford and others), they might be able to get you a good deal.
Old 29-03-2011, 06:30 PM   #29
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There are plenty of car websites that are selling the WT advertised for $23,500 mark driveaway without haggling...

Here is one of a few from Carsales. They are $22990. A full $1000 under your price.

http://www.carsguide.com.au/site/sea...97734920110209

Seems like you indeed might have been ripped.
Old 29-03-2011, 09:04 PM   #30
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpy73
I live in Perth and pretty sure I saw the Zetec WT advertised in the paper on Saturday for $19,990 driveaway. The LX was $18990.
That would be Zetec WS manual, and LX WT manual prices.