Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-05-2005, 06:45 PM   #1
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 
Default 230 klm on L plates

Last night at 10pm on the Western Ring RD in Melbourne, an L plate motorcycle rider was booked doing 230 klm and this guy should only ride a 250cc motorcycle but was riding 1000cc he has booked a date with a magistrate.
Thats Crazy stuff, that part of the road around near Deer Park isnt all that smooth.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2005, 06:54 PM   #2
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

: I hate my L plates
Old 10-05-2005, 07:05 PM   #3
Charbs
AKA ChuBBz

****en idiot. lucky to be alive, sorry or not.
Charbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2005, 07:11 PM   #4
SWOOP
XRSVO

numb nutz must of just watched one of the GHOST RIDER vids
SWOOP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2005, 07:12 PM   #5
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In what zone? 230km/h isnt fast for a 1000cc bike but still stupid.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2005, 07:39 PM   #6
Ride
Stay Classy ™

Apparently he crashed the bike which is how police booked him, won't be riding for a LONG time.
Ride is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2005, 07:53 PM   #7
Psycho Chicken
Banned

And people wonder why we call them temp citizens.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2005, 08:03 PM   #8
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
And people wonder why we call them temp citizens.

Cos most car owners cant see! I nearly died 3 times today driving in a straight line under the speed limit. I swear 4wd owners dont look before they pull out.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:19 PM   #9
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Yeah I know, it was half in jest anyway :P
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2005, 12:37 AM   #10
WizBang
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why are there these people out there ,if you want to do this and it is alot of fun book some time at a track where you can go as hard as you like or can and best of all you can do do it with your mates but until these dum shits are giving all ture rev heads a bad name and thats why if your car or bike can even look like it can go hard the police are on to you all the time
WizBang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2005, 01:35 AM   #11
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

" Cos most car owners cant see! I nearly died 3 times today driving in a straight line under the speed limit. I swear 4wd owners dont look before they pull out. "

Isnt that most 4 wheel drivers idea of off roading?

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Black XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2005, 01:37 AM   #12
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Your right Wazza in Victoria, we have Winton, Calder, Phillip Island, Sandown are all Race ways that can be booked.
Phillip Island is very popular with Motor Cycle clubs who hire the track for a day.

Old 11-05-2005, 01:55 AM   #13
Dez
Banned

its not all cars to blame...riding in and out of traffic doesnt help...if they stayed in the lane like a car, they probably wouldnt be in as much danger.

as for that guy, what an idiot...
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2005, 12:19 PM   #14
PULLY6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

temporary australian
Old 11-05-2005, 12:22 PM   #15
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
its not all cars to blame...riding in and out of traffic doesnt help...if they stayed in the lane like a car, they probably wouldnt be in as much danger.

as for that guy, what an idiot...
So your excusing yourself from keeping a look out because bikes are more mobile than cars?

All it takes is a head check before changing lanes or a decent look up the road that your planning to turn into. That would prevent a lot of bike accidents.

But I agree those who lane split and dodge traffic at crazy speeds are responsible for their own actions and cant expect others to know they are there at all times. Its my own fault if I have a near miss cos Im driving in between 2 slow moving cars and cant predict their movements.

I love having a bike.
All you suckers in your cars fighting traffic! haha! :hihi: :

Last edited by dansedgli; 11-05-2005 at 12:23 PM.
dansedgli is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2005, 12:41 PM   #16
lizardmech

I find it easier to avoid hiting bikes when they are going 10-20km over the speed limit, when they are riding next to you at the same speed theres so many small blind spots a bike can fit in.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2005, 12:44 PM   #17
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dont like to stay next to car when Im riding, I always try and be infront or well behind.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:50 PM   #18
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How many bike riders actually abide by the rules. The answer is not many. Cause they are faster, smaller they do what they want. Sure its illegal to ride something higher that 250cc on your Ls but they still let you buy the high power bike. I know someone the other day who went and bought a 650cc bike just after getting his Ls. The thing is all bikes arent slow no matter what the engine size is. That L plater riding a GSX-R is just crazy. If his parents actually knew anything bout bikes would they let him get it? As for having that many tracks in Victoria. I would kill to just have one track in Canberra. They complain bout hoons and enthuiasts still the government wont do anything to help the situation. They get all this revenue from road users and very little of it is putting back in to the community.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2005, 01:00 PM   #19
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
So your excusing yourself from keeping a look out because bikes are more mobile than cars?

All it takes is a head check before changing lanes or a decent look up the road that your planning to turn into. That would prevent a lot of bike accidents.

But I agree those who lane split and dodge traffic at crazy speeds are responsible for their own actions and cant expect others to know they are there at all times. Its my own fault if I have a near miss cos Im driving in between 2 slow moving cars and cant predict their movements.

I love having a bike.
All you suckers in your cars fighting traffic! haha! :hihi: :
no i wasnt excusing myself....i always head check before changing lanes anyway....cars can get into a total blindspot very easily as well...so i always check...

but bike riders do weave in and out of traffic a lot, and i dont think its allowed....just because they can fit there, doesnt make it legal....its illegal to ride a push bike in the middle of the 2 lanes on the ring rd, so I dont see why a motorbike rider should be aloud to do it
Old 11-05-2005, 01:07 PM   #20
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
no i wasnt excusing myself....i always head check before changing lanes anyway....cars can get into a total blindspot very easily as well...so i always check...

but bike riders do weave in and out of traffic a lot, and i dont think its allowed....just because they can fit there, doesnt make it legal....its illegal to ride a push bike in the middle of the 2 lanes on the ring rd, so I dont see why a motorbike rider should be aloud to do it

Im not sure if it legal or not but I do it when cars are going really slow and dont have a chance to change lanes on me. If something happened it would be my fault so I try to be really careful.

Last monday I got behind a cop on a police dirtbike and followed him up the freeway to work. I sat behind him, cos I didnt want to drive how I do in front of him and to my surprise he cut through traffic all the way! I followed him and that was the quickest I had ever gotten to work. If a cop does it, it must be legal

Anyways, my mates GF drive a car in and leaves 25 minutes earlier than me and every time I pass her on the freeway before I get to the city. I have no idea how people can stand it. If I had to choose between driving a car and getting a train in it would be train every time.

But on the bike I can ride in everyday for the price of 1 day on the train, parking is free and I get home 30 minutes earlier.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:15 PM   #21
Dez
Banned

if i ever got a bike I know i'd do it too...all i'm saying is that with these ads of "put yourselves in their shoes" its a bit annoying and 1 sided..

put myself in their shoes? ok, ill just ride like an idiot weaving in and out of cars that are moving at 100+km/h with no indicators then ill ride in between all the cars as they slow down because of something up ahead, and i suppose i'll just pray that no one has to switch lanes or pull out in a hurry to avoid the car in front of them....

it has its benefits, but there are the obvious dangers associated with it....

Still, as i said above, if i had a bike i'd probably be exactly the same
Old 11-05-2005, 01:39 PM   #22
LTDHO
The one and only

Let not get onto a 'bash bike riders' thread.

This one is moer on the stupidity of the rider not what he was riding/driving.

IMO he should have a ban from bikes for life.

Imagine if he went into the side of a car. The outcomes are:-
*Car drivers never look for bikes
*rider would be dead.
*Government will do another 'speed kills' knee jerk witch will make no difference.
*Greiving family, friends
*may have killed occupents of car
*more grieving family and friend.

This child should have a ban for life and a car power restrictilon for life, although hard to police, he will regret being pulled over all the time.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2005, 02:02 PM   #23
Tote
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I reckon all those holier than thou car drivers should be made to spend a couple of weeks riding a bike so that they are aware of the traffic around them. I've sold my Duc now but riding in traffic certainly makes you far more aware of the traffic around you and those skills definately make you a better driver.
P.S. I own a 4wd as well ))
The rider on the ring road got caught and will be punished in due course, I'd rather he was doing 230 on a bike than in a GT or a GTR, that would have done much more damage to the scenery when he hit it.
Regards,
Tote
Old 11-05-2005, 06:22 PM   #24
lizardmech

I can only recall being annoyed by motorbikes once, when 2 older guys did 35 down a single lane 100 zone with double lanes. Most people seem to get annoyed because they are being overtaken by bikes or other things that don't even really affect them.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2005, 07:26 PM   #25
a-total-tool

I'm not sure about the other states but in NSW, L and P plate riders are allowed to ride any bike up to 260cc (except for a few) and selected bikes up to 660cc. The bikes that are between 260 and 660 cc must be on the RTA's list. the easiest way to check is that lerner legal bikes have "cond. LAM" on the rego label (LAM= Learner Approved Motorcycle).
a-total-tool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2005, 07:28 PM   #26
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In Victoria, its nothing bigger than 260cc until your off your P's no exceptions.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:53 PM   #27
Paris Hilton
Custom User Title

one of my (********) friends lost his licence yesterday, about a week after getting his P's...110 in a 60 zone is a AU XR6...all I said was suck shit, because now he can't get his licence until he is 21
Paris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2005, 07:54 PM   #28
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

He lost it for 3 years?
Old 11-05-2005, 10:19 PM   #29
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Let not get onto a 'bash bike riders' thread.

Yes i agree..

Old 11-05-2005, 11:47 PM   #30
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Yes i agree..
I prefer to run them over, constant bashing hurts after the first few.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post