Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 28-11-2014, 01:47 PM   #1
HULK_I6T
Banned

Default HULK FRIDAY: you dont see any falcodores inner city? (other than cabs)

After a honest week at work, is there anything better than a hulk thread to take the edge off?

Something thats been bugging me for a while is the lack of falcodores that you see in the inner city.. Other than cabs of course..

Drive in towards the inner sydney CBD and surrounding suburbs you just dont see falcons or commodores driving around (other than cabs).

When you do rarely see them you sort of know they are from the outer suburbs. I specifically have an eye for falcons/commodores as we all do... But you just dont see them.

Im hoping our members from other states can contribute and comment with regards to falcons seen in the Melbourne CBD, Brisbane CBD etc etc.

Are falcodores only for people that live on a big block of land and live on the outskirts? where traffic isnt as congested?

Drive out west of sydney and you will find falcons/commodores all over the place. Sometimes 2 and 3 in the same yard.

Old 28-11-2014, 01:56 PM   #2
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Default Re: HULK FRIDAY: you dont see any falcodores inner city? (other than cabs)

Down here in Melbourne even Falcon taxis are becoming scarce.
Whereas once 99% of cabs were Falcon, I'd suggest Toyota are now becoming the norm?
OT, but I actually came home from the city in a hybrid Toyota last week... Was such an eerie experience the way there's complete silence when they pull up at traffic lights...
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
This user likes this post:
Old 28-11-2014, 02:02 PM   #3
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: HULK FRIDAY: you dont see any falcodores inner city? (other than cabs)

Look around you..

its a double parked, coffee at servos, check ma noo flat screen, imported soccer mum bs fest

happy motoring
Old 28-11-2014, 02:15 PM   #4
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sydney folk drive pink celica's
Old 28-11-2014, 02:27 PM   #5
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am biased living in Geelong, but I still see a lot of them. Territories even moreso.
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Old 28-11-2014, 02:27 PM   #6
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

At the current sales ratio of 1 falcon sold for every 300 cars or so that are being sold, you start to see how rare they are becoming. Add in the fact that rental fleets and country buyers probably make up a good chunk of falcon sales, then they would indeed be becoming a rare site.
Old 28-11-2014, 02:28 PM   #7
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Default HULK FRIDAY: you dont see any falcodores inner city? (other than cabs)

I'm in the city right now in my ve ute. Clutching at ideas for threads mr hulk
5 users like this post:
Old 28-11-2014, 02:38 PM   #8
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Melbourne gets to see a GTF at least once a week when I drive mine to work.
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
4 users like this post:
Old 28-11-2014, 03:13 PM   #9
WHYME
Next up?

You come out of retirement and start making Hulk Friday threads again and this was the best topic you could come up with? I am disappointed to say the least.

Old 28-11-2014, 04:31 PM   #10
HULK_I6T
Banned

plenty of falcons have been sold over the years but where do they all end up?

Certainly not in the inner city... They are driving Audi, VW, BMW, Mercedes, jeeps even. new ones not even 2 years old the most of them.

It seems to me that all the used falcons and commodores make their way out West.

I worry that even holding onto these cars, we could be the laughing stock in years to come.
Old 28-11-2014, 04:41 PM   #11
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you worried what people thought you'd stop wearing K mart
Old 28-11-2014, 04:53 PM   #12
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I Live in the city square mile and see 3 falcon utes parked overnight on my street, one of them mine as it wont fit on the property, on the same stretch there is consistently an s2000 and CRX, old bmw and an astra. As far as I can see, using my falcon counter with built in hulk logic meter 'Falcon utes are the most common car in the city'
there is a VT commodore with fading paint but that's owned by the local pimp and he is often out at night

JP
Old 28-11-2014, 05:46 PM   #13
Grippy
Racing improves the breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_I6T View Post
I worry that even holding onto these cars, we could be the laughing stock in years to come.
Hulk, you really need to stop caring about what other people think.

Naturally as time goes on there will be less Falcons and Commodores in cities and everywhere else, less people are buying them and many older models slowly go to wreckers or get crashed.

1964 Mini Cooper S Historic Group Nb Touring car

2024 Subaru Outback Touring XT

Victorian Hill Climb Championship
Old 28-11-2014, 06:10 PM   #14
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Certainly not in the inner city... They are driving Audi, VW, BMW, Mercedes, jeeps even.
and Territorys
Old 28-11-2014, 06:49 PM   #15
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

Why oh why did I click on it?
Old 28-11-2014, 07:24 PM   #16
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Possibly the lack of seeing falcondores correlates to these cars not selling very well ?
Old 28-11-2014, 07:28 PM   #17
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
plenty of falcons have been sold over the years but where do they all end up?

Certainly not in the inner city... They are driving Audi, VW, BMW, Mercedes, jeeps even. new ones not even 2 years old the most of them.

It seems to me that all the used falcons and commodores make their way out West.

If you can afford to live inner city, you can likely afford to not own a locally made car.

Apart from my cousin and his Gen-F GTS, no one in my immediate family drives a locally built car. 15 years ago I'd say 50% of the clan did. Forgot to include myself and the XW.
Old 28-11-2014, 09:16 PM   #18
sly_ba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
Look around you..

its a double parked, coffee at servos, check ma noo flat screen, imported soccer mum bs fest

happy motoring
What???

I don't think I have seen a post from you that makes sense yet...
Old 28-11-2014, 09:47 PM   #19
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

its a bit like the drought and water restrictions when the price of water went thru the roof. Only rich people had green lawns.
Soon having a falcodore will be an outward sign of affluence-"look, that person can afford $375/wk on fuel, they must be rolling in it"

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 28-11-2014, 09:55 PM   #20
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've been into the Sydney CBD 4 times in the last 4 weeks (weeknights & weekends) in my FG, and seen plenty of late model FG & VE/VF/WM/WN in there - privately owned, not cabs or hire cars.

Quite a high proportion of "sport" utes too - those nice looking XR6/T, GS, pursuit, SS & Maloo models that never see more than golf clubs as a load in the tray.

If you're only going off daytime observations you're probably seeing the small Eco-blobs that people are forced to drive 5 days a week, not the cars they want to drive when they have the choice to be in the city.
Old 28-11-2014, 10:02 PM   #21
MrEL
Sick Puppy

Quote:
Why would you worry about being the laughing stock due to the car you drive?
You are the AFF laughing stock and you just keep digging your hole deeper...........................
6 users like this post:
Old 28-11-2014, 10:29 PM   #22
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly_ba View Post
What???

I don't think I have seen a post from you that makes sense yet...
Am now in my late 50's and I can understand him.

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 28-11-2014, 11:20 PM   #23
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver View Post
Why oh why did I click on it?
Why oh why did you and your fellows not only click on it.....but felt like u had to make a stupid comment aswell. Every week these threads go just fine.....bar the ussual pack that love having a laugh at the expense of others.......

I actually think about the same thing everytime I drive into bris city. I notice the silver service G6 cabs the most everytime. Must have seen 5 or 6 tonight allready. Even had a shop keeper say to me the other day when she saw my EGO G6et parked out the front...." Wow that's a nice car". "It's just a falcon" I said......thinking how sad that was in reality.

Maybe that's your answer hulk.......it's nothing to be worried about because our cars are become very rare that people don't even know what they are when they're looking at them. I'm ok with that!

Last edited by 1TUFFUTE; 28-11-2014 at 11:26 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 28-11-2014, 11:25 PM   #24
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEL View Post
You are the AFF laughing stock and you just keep digging your hole deeper...........................
Wow

Maybe the forum mods have a little to answer for then......espescially when they leave comments like yours up every week! This thread is FULL of normal ON TOPIC conversation and yet you pack of immature children can't see that.
Old 28-11-2014, 11:46 PM   #25
V8 Ghia Mike
Blue blooded Ford guy!

We spent a day in the Sydney CBD in May after our honeymoon cruise and I couldn't believe the amount of G6 taxis around as they are non existent here. It was a nice surprise for me as a sweet looking top line Falcon is a complete rarity over here!

But in an instant I saw Ford's dilemma of selling luxury models. Why would the average bloke on a reasonable wage aspire to own Ford's finest when they would be recognised as just a taxi in Sydney for instance? I found that very sad indeed, how the greats have fallen.

Over here, the amount of looks the mint G6ET I just bought gets is amazing! It's almost like driving something many people haven't seen before. Even a lot of the Euro car people are sneaking a look at it at the lights. One good thing is that I am getting hassled FAR less by the Holden guys who know what it is. The EF was an absolute Holden magnet. Anyway, what were we talking about?

94 EF Fairmont Ghia 5.0- XR8 in a tuxedo...
Bordeaux purple, Tickford kit, 2.5+ inch drop, EL Ghia chrome, leather, Pioneer sound, C&C, electric everything, 18" BA XR8's, ABS, LSD, GT40P's, Crane cam, ChipTorque ECU, XR8 snorkel, lots of woodgrain, chrome and interior lights.
Old 29-11-2014, 12:56 AM   #26
HULK_I6T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
its a bit like the drought and water restrictions when the price of water went thru the roof. Only rich people had green lawns.
Soon having a falcodore will be an outward sign of affluence-"look, that person can afford $375/wk on fuel, they must be rolling in it"
I hope so as I have a few of them... but I fear they actually say that car is worth 1 or 2 weeks pay.
Old 29-11-2014, 01:14 AM   #27
HULK_I6T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEL View Post
I contribute way more than you to the forums...sell new parts very cheaply, promote discussion and participation with some light hearted car humour, add some info based on real experience.

you just keep sitting on the sidelines...contribute nothing worthy to help anyone, leech off the forums all the good info and make lowball offers on already cheap parts.. you think a valid contribution is to sling insults? ..give something back to the forums for once...dont be the bottomfeeder of the forums.

Last edited by HULK_I6T; 29-11-2014 at 01:20 AM.
3 users like this post:
Old 29-11-2014, 01:58 AM   #28
uniacidz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Actually agree on the observation

Alot of small hatchbacks in the city.
Larger cars not so much

Outskirts still with hatchbacks but with SUV and utes such as hilux's etc

But more so, enthusiasts and the traditional male stereotypes is gone

Wives want SUVs, so hubby obeys

The Generation Y doesn't give a hoot about cars and rather wear skinny jeans, be on facespace or jitter or instaspam and bitching to each other

Sign of the times

Sent via HTC Velocity + [HolicsROM v1.3] [SWEEP2WAKE]
VX SS (R.I.P)
VE Berlina
3 users like this post:
Old 29-11-2014, 02:29 AM   #29
FG50T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniacidz View Post
Actually agree on the observation

Alot of small hatchbacks in the city.
Larger cars not so much

Outskirts still with hatchbacks but with SUV and utes such as hilux's etc

But more so, enthusiasts and the traditional male stereotypes is gone

Wives want SUVs, so hubby obeys

The Generation Y doesn't give a hoot about cars and rather wear skinny jeans, be on facespace or jitter or instaspam and bitching to each other

Sign of the times

Sent via HTC Velocity + [HolicsROM v1.3] [SWEEP2WAKE]
I've worn skinny jeans since 1973 and I don't like driving my Falcon in the city. I take my small car. It's easier.
Old 29-11-2014, 04:57 AM   #30
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Drive the biggest car you have just to make the point that parking spaces need to be bigger.
Closed Thread