Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 08-11-2014, 02:50 PM   #1
rayban76
AU3 5.0L Fairmont Wagon

Default Group Buy - AU Acron Style CAI's (Cold Air Induction)

This Group Buy EOI has been approved by Russell W.

Hello Everyone,

I am looking at doing a Group Buy of the ACRON Style CAI's (Cold Air Induction) for the AU's (Will fit all series)

So I am putting out an expression of interest to see how many people might be interested in getting one.

These are no longer available from Acron however I have been able to source them in a FibreGlass version which is better then the plastic Acron ones as they insulate from the engine bay heat better.

The Acron CAI's were around $280 plus postage.

As a deal for AFF, if I can get an order for a minimum of 10 of them then they will be $200 plus $20.00 postage so a Total of $220.00 each.

They are a very good quality CAI in a smooth gloss black finish ready to either be painted to suit your car or left in the black, are a perfect fit and come with all screws ready for fitting.

Below are some pics of the CAI for you to see and I will start a list under the photos. Please add your name to the list below OR indicate on here that you would like one and I can add your name for you.

This is the CAI for you to see

I am looking at placing the order in 2 weeks from now (unless we get enough to order sooner) and delivery will be within 4 days of ordering and will be sent out registered post buy the company.

Money will need to be paid in full on these by Monday 24th November or else your CAI will not be posted to you, and as per the conditions of Group Buy's all money will be paid in to AFF's group Buy account and AFF will pay the supplier.

Names List

This are a great price so jump on board if your interested

Regards
Ray

5.0L, 2.1l Kenne Bell, Tickford T3 Heads, Crow valve springs, YellaTerra 1.7 Rockers, Comp Cam, Comp D-Row Timing, 10mm LiveWire Leads, LC-1 & Moats Quarterhorse, B&M TransCooler, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, King Superlow Coil Springs, John Bowe Superlow Pro Leaf Springs, K&N 4" Pod & CAI, Pacemakers, 100c Cats, 2.5" Redback, 19" FPV Rims, BF-T Prem Brakes, TS50 Bumper with DTRL's, Custom FG Bulge, BA XR Side Skirts/Rear bar

Ford Performance Club of ACT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rayban76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-11-2014, 04:49 PM   #2
Supersnake
Starter Motor

Default Re: Group Buy - AU Acron Style CAI's (Cold Air Induction)

I'll be down for one, was disappointed to find I couldn't buy one after buying my AU last year.

Names List

1. Supersnake
Supersnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2014, 04:58 PM   #3
rayban76
AU3 5.0L Fairmont Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersnake View Post
I'll be down for one, was disappointed to find I couldn't buy one after buying my AU last year.

Names List

1. Supersnake

Yeah I know that feeling Supersnake, when I had a look at these fibreglass versions I was very happy with them

5.0L, 2.1l Kenne Bell, Tickford T3 Heads, Crow valve springs, YellaTerra 1.7 Rockers, Comp Cam, Comp D-Row Timing, 10mm LiveWire Leads, LC-1 & Moats Quarterhorse, B&M TransCooler, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, King Superlow Coil Springs, John Bowe Superlow Pro Leaf Springs, K&N 4" Pod & CAI, Pacemakers, 100c Cats, 2.5" Redback, 19" FPV Rims, BF-T Prem Brakes, TS50 Bumper with DTRL's, Custom FG Bulge, BA XR Side Skirts/Rear bar

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-11-2014, 10:35 AM   #4
Supersnake
Starter Motor

Yeah they look great! Hope we can get some more people on board, you're a champ for organizing this!
Supersnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 11:43 AM   #5
mcfly94
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is there any benefit to having this over a tickford snorkel and k&n panel, other than looks?
mcfly94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2014, 01:00 PM   #6
rayban76
AU3 5.0L Fairmont Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfly94 View Post
Is there any benefit to having this over a tickford snorkel and k&n panel, other than looks?
Yeah because theyre open they capture a lot more air through them then the tickford snorkel mcfly94

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-11-2014, 02:34 PM   #7
mcfly94
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No worries, may put my name down,
what else will i need to install it?
obvisouly the k&n filter
maf adaptor or something too?
Old 09-11-2014, 04:09 PM   #8
rayban76
AU3 5.0L Fairmont Wagon

Yep will need a k&n 'style filter (doesn't have to be k&n brand) and the adapter to attach to, more be incorporates the MAF as well but doesn't have to, you can still use your MAF and adapt from that

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-11-2014, 05:08 PM   #9
mcfly94
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep add me to the list im down for this!
2 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 05:12 PM   #10
rayban76
AU3 5.0L Fairmont Wagon

Done mate

Names List

1. Supersnake
2. mcfly94

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-11-2014, 12:07 PM   #11
rayban76
AU3 5.0L Fairmont Wagon

Still looking for interest in these CAI's folks, if you'd like to get one or know someone that does please let me know or out your name down

Regards
Ray

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-11-2014, 02:07 PM   #12
nickperry1986
Starter Motor

Put me down for one
nickperry1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2014, 02:13 PM   #13
rayban76
AU3 5.0L Fairmont Wagon

No problems nickperry1986 I've added you

Names List

1. Supersnake
2. Mcfly94
3. Nickperry1986

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-11-2014, 05:41 PM   #14
just me
AU2 XR8

Hey Ray, can you please put me down for two? Thanks
just me is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2014, 05:44 PM   #15
rayban76
AU3 5.0L Fairmont Wagon

Yep done just me

Names List

1. Supersnake
2. Mcfly94
3. Nickperry1986
4. Just Me x2

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-11-2014, 10:14 PM   #16
rayban76
AU3 5.0L Fairmont Wagon

Names List

1. Supersnake
2. Mcfly94
3. Nickperry1986
4. Just Me x2
5. Shaun Withers

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-11-2014, 01:51 PM   #17
rayban76
AU3 5.0L Fairmont Wagon

Hello all,
We're on track hopefully to get at least 10 names.

I've spoken to the supplier and he's indicated that if we get more then 10 orders then he will do them for $200 delivered (so free postage within Australia, if you're in New Zealand postage is $45 if under 10 or under ordered or $25 if over 10 ordered)

All money must be paid by time of order and we'll know by then how many in total we'll have.

As mentioned at the start of the thread all money will be paid to AFF's group buy account and they will forward to the supplier.

This can be done by one of the two following options

Bank Account details below:

Direct Deposit to the AFF Bank A/C -

BSB: 013-354
Account: 497467086
Name: Fordforums Australia Inc.

Please include user name as a reference.

Or via PayPal to admin@fordforums.com.au with the user name included as a reference.

Anyone not paid in full by time of ordering will not have their CAI ordered.

Please feel free to ask any questions

Regards
Ray

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-11-2014, 07:06 PM   #18
Ken_AUXR8

Will it need a longer pipe from the MAF to the CAI on a standard car? It looks from the photos you have a modified intake. Your piping appears to extend further towards the front of the car than the standard airbox would.

Just wanting to find out if any extra modification is required for fitment on a standard car (5.0L).
Ken_AUXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2014, 07:22 PM   #19
rayban76
AU3 5.0L Fairmont Wagon

Hi Ken,
If you want to run it the same as mine then yes you will need to get a small 'adapter' section from somewhere like cheap as chips

Regards
Ray

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-11-2014, 07:50 PM   #20
mcfly94
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So is it definitely going ahead if even under 10?
Old 11-11-2014, 07:55 PM   #21
rayban76
AU3 5.0L Fairmont Wagon

Still need a min of 10 at the stage mcfly94

Have 6 atm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-11-2014, 08:43 PM   #22
mcfly94
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im going to advertise the link to this page on adelaide au falcon page.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:45 PM   #23
rayban76
AU3 5.0L Fairmont Wagon

Awesome no problems mate, I did advertise it on the AU Falcon Fan club FB page ..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-11-2014, 08:50 PM   #24
mcfly94
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayban76 View Post
Awesome no problems mate, I did advertise it on the AU Falcon Fan club FB page ..
Yep saw that, i also posted on t-series club of au, and tickford au falcons, try to get as much involved with it, definitely want this to go ahead.

I reckon it would be good if you posted up part numbers for the maf adapter that you run etc,, just so every one knows what they need.
I still havent figured that out.

and what type of k&n best fills out the cai (3" x 12, 4 x 9" etc)
Old 11-11-2014, 08:59 PM   #25
rayban76
AU3 5.0L Fairmont Wagon

Mate I don't have part numbers for mine, and my cars actually in Vic with the painter getting its final cut and Polish done so I don't have access to it.

My extension is an old bolt on one so don't know it that same one is available either.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-11-2014, 09:00 PM   #26
rayban76
AU3 5.0L Fairmont Wagon

And yes for mine I'm running the 3" K&N with it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-11-2014, 09:01 PM   #27
rayban76
AU3 5.0L Fairmont Wagon

Tonight I'll do a link to the sales yard as well.

Please feel free to link to as many thread groups/fb pages as you'd like

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-11-2014, 07:33 AM   #28
Strattos

I'm in rayban

Past: 1984 XE Falcon sedan 4.1L.
Strattos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2014, 11:09 AM   #29
rayban76
AU3 5.0L Fairmont Wagon

Awesome Strattos

Names List

1. Supersnake
2. Mcfly94
3. Nickperry1986
4. Just Me x2
5. Shaun Withers
6. Strattos

If we get 4 more then it's only $200 delivered.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-11-2014, 11:13 AM   #30
BLU-220
FG XR50 TURBO
Donating Member3

read here guys on the part numbers for the CAI

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=3641149

just go into autobarn and grab a maf adapter for an ef-au 5l like i did for my GHIA

it might be this one

https://www.autobarn.com.au/tfiracin...-hardware-9018

Ps.. put me down Ray i'll definitely buy one 2 weeks from today, or is that too late

cheers Dean
BLU-220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post