Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 26-07-2005, 08:52 PM   #1
llama

Default Help?

I need to know what car would win between a Ford ED Falcon Wagon and a Holden Commadore Acclaim 1996 Model in a drag race from 0 to say 70ish

Old 26-07-2005, 09:00 PM   #2
llama

Thats a good question, hmmmm *ponders*

Old 26-07-2005, 09:01 PM   #3
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

talking to yourself is not a good sign.
Take them both to a dragstrip and find out.
Old 26-07-2005, 09:07 PM   #4
b2tf
not here much anymore

More info needed on the state of both cars but I am betting the Commo would actually get the jump on you up to that speed, after that the Falcon should start reeling it in though.
Old 26-07-2005, 10:53 PM   #5
rick69
Banned

From both my own experiences and those I have witnessed, from standing start the Commodore will no doubt get the jump off the start and lead by about 1-2 carlengths by 80km/h. Despite what people think, at this stage the falcon is usually too far behind to have any chance of catching it, although it does make up some ground. The tall gearing makes the falcon an absolute slug on take off.
Rolling starts are usually much closer though and I have seen them go either way.
Old 26-07-2005, 11:21 PM   #6
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Acclaim for sure unless, those VN-VS Commo's realy move of the the line. Insane gearing (esp on VN's) and the fact that commo's weigh less. I dont think an ED falcon would catch a VS until 150kmh or at least some stupidly fast speed.

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Old 27-07-2005, 01:39 AM   #7
XRated
Shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick69
From both my own experiences and those I have witnessed, from standing start the Commodore will no doubt get the jump off the start and lead by about 1-2 carlengths by 80km/h. Despite what people think, at this stage the falcon is usually too far behind to have any chance of catching it, although it does make up some ground. The tall gearing makes the falcon an absolute slug on take off.
Rolling starts are usually much closer though and I have seen them go either way.
Yep. On a rolling start my ED would flog my mate's old VSII, but from a standing start he'd take off quicker, and once he's ahead it's difficult to catch up. Stupid 3.08 diff and ridiculously geared auto box..

20V Turbo

Old 29-07-2005, 02:44 PM   #8
llama

Default Thanks

Yeah, i had a race with a VL the other day and i won by a about a carlength, the ed is fast i think, i like my wagon ;)

Old 29-07-2005, 02:47 PM   #9
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A carlength eh? Did you guys setup a drag strip with a finishing line?
Old 29-07-2005, 02:58 PM   #10
Citric GT
Its yellow, NOT green!

The Commodore will easily win
Old 29-07-2005, 02:58 PM   #11
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

fulli sick mayte, duh drag racin is so cool man, i wana race my vl 2 but the chicks is wieghting it down 2 much bro - dig?

:
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
Old 29-07-2005, 04:12 PM   #12
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
fulli sick mayte, duh drag racin is so cool man, i wana race my vl 2 but the chicks is wieghting it down 2 much bro - dig?

:
LOL top stuff

Changes: 5 spd manual
Extractors, 2.5in exhaust
AMG Quake 17's w/ maxxis rubba
Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Bike: CR250R 05 :evil3:
Old 20-09-2005, 06:28 AM   #13
llama

Default cheers bois

we had the race on a perth street lol 2 laned road

meh needs to be crazy to b fun

Old 20-09-2005, 08:51 AM   #14
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

meh, needs to endanger innocent lives and risk killing yourself and others to be fun huh?

This thread is dead:

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Closed Thread