Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2013, 03:25 PM   #1
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Help please: What’s wrong getting a BA over an AU?

Who would have thought finding a car would be so hard. I have been looking for another AU for the past month and a half with no luck. The closest I have come was TMans AU (2 many ks to convince my wife and wrong colour). I saw a very nice Fairmont (a 6, full Tickford gear low ks but the price was 2 high for me).
Seen lots o AU's (Fairmont’s, XR6&8s and even Fairlanes in VIC but nothing I liked in NSW. Bugger...

BUT I have seen more BA's in the sub $6000 range than I thought I would (varying types of course). So now I have a problem.
My wife likes the look of BA's more than AU's (Yes I now its grounds for divorce in some countries) for a couple of reasons. 1. They are younger and will should get a higher trade in in 4 years’ time. 2. They on average have less K’s on the clock. 3. They seem to be in better condition.
So my questions is:
What’s wrong getting a BA over an AU?

I know AU3XR6 has thought about this and has decided to stay with his AU’s. But he has an AU and now I don’t.
Now my wife has made it clear I CAN GET AN AU. She just thinks a BA is a better option.
What do you guys think? So again What’s wrong getting a BA over an AU?

UK

How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post