Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 27-10-2014, 01:28 PM   #1
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Tried to syphon some fuel. now cant fill tank!

hi. so i tried syphoning some fuel out of the au for the mower and the hose got caught half way down the neck. tried to pull it back out and it got caught so i had to give it some real jandal. got it out but later at the servo it took me 20 minutes to get 20 bucks in. keeps splashing out.

has anyone else been this stupid? kinda a big problem. can i jyst replace the neck or is it all one piece???

Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2014, 02:14 PM   #2
Spurious

Default Re: Tried to syphon some fuel. now cant fill tank!

My guess is there's either a syphon stopper or a "one way" valve in the filler neck that you have damaged when retrieving the hose. I'd say a one way valve, to stop fuel exiting the filler neck if the car winds up on it's lid at some point!

I'd say you've caused the valve to pull through & now it's blocking the neck. I'm not sure if the neck is separate from the tank, I doubt they are. Maybe try sticking the hose in again to fix the problem. Just don't use anything metal....you don't want sparks 'eh!

Maybe find a mechanic who has a flexible inspection camera to stick down the neck.

Last edited by Spurious; 27-10-2014 at 02:27 PM.
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2014, 04:30 PM   #3
dc_todd
Seasoned Visitor

Default Re: Tried to syphon some fuel. now cant fill tank!

The anti-syphon flap has broken off in the filler neck and is stuck in the closed position, the reason it took 20 mins to get a small amount of fuel in it is the its only trickling past. the flap being stuck is not being allowed to drop and let the flow in. I had the exact issue when someone tried to empty my tank.

Solution?

there are 2 things you can do. First one is get a digital scope with a magnet attachment and see if its even in a position that it can recovered or removed. Removing it will not harm anything, and you will be able to cut your grass in future as well.

Secondly, if you do not have access to a scope of any kind, tank and filler neck replacement are in your stars.

I had huge success with the removal of the flap in mine and have not had an issue since.
Tank replacement is your last resort. Trust me.

Unless you wanted to go for a fuel cell..
dc_todd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post