Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 27-03-2020, 04:28 AM   #721
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed View Post
Why would America be upside down in the death Vs recovered outcomes?

Off the top of my head they are running at 2 deaths for every 1 recovery where everyone else seems to have way more recoveries than deaths.

I think it is testing here in the US.

I know a guy, tested positive 3w isolation from likely time of infection (2.5 weeks from first symptom).
Currently symptom-free, but there is no 'End of Isolation' test.
There is one unreported recovery ... and the only person I know who has been infected.
Old 27-03-2020, 06:06 AM   #722
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon_bandit View Post
Going by ur rant, I assume your weekly shops aren't as pleasant anymore prydey? Sorry mate, had to have a poke 🙂
Never assume.
Old 27-03-2020, 06:36 AM   #723
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
So one needs to ask, what are the treatment protocols for Covid-19? Given the virus causes respiratory issues, how is the hospital treating it?

Given my previous bouts of pneumonia and my experience with hospitals, I'd only go to hospital if I'm prepared to die there.
An acquaintance works on the floor at a large public hospital in NSW, south-western Sydney. The CV cases there, are placed immediately in dedicated ward(s) and it seems disproportionate attention is being paid to their recovery. What he’s described, gives me confidence that at least for the present a COVID-19 infected person’s prospects in Australian capital city, are pretty good.

Unrelatedly, there’s something bitterly funny about how for so many years the West derided Eastern Europe for its heavy-handed authority; restrictions on personal freedoms, institutionalised everything, surveillance of Everyman, shortages of what “we” deemed essential and a toothless currency.

Now - all that is missing for us, is the fear which made people hang a portrait of the incumbent prominently in their house. Maybe that’s coming.
2 users like this post:
Old 27-03-2020, 08:07 AM   #724
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Now - all that is missing for us, is the fear which made people hang a portrait of the incumbent prominently in their house. Maybe that’s coming.
That will be the day my backside stops pointing towards the ground.
Old 27-03-2020, 08:56 AM   #725
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post

I'll be the first to admit I've been fairly critical of Scomo over the past fortnight, much of that from frustration and I dare say a bit from just shear fear of how this is going to unfold and whilst I doubt I'd ever hang his picture on my wall, I'm bloody thankful that he's at the helm right now in many ways.
4 users like this post:
Old 27-03-2020, 10:00 AM   #726
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I have not checked the veracity of this article, which is apparently a transcription of an interview with a senior doctor in a Cremona hospital.

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-...-dies/12090912

A notable point is the stated observation:
Quote:
...What we're seeing is that those who aren't surviving this are those who have many co-morbidities. They're elderly patients who suffer from other illnesses and other problems.
This user likes this post:
Old 27-03-2020, 02:37 PM   #727
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

The cafe across the road from work closed down this morning, she laid off all her staff, landlord is pestering her for rent but no customers anymore.

I'm trying to convince her to ditch the cafe and come back in a coffee van and park it outside the cafe

$5000/month rent for this little tiny spot when the offices that are twice the size in the immediate vicinity are half as much rent.

$60K ought to buy you a nice second hand coffee van you can stand inside, sans the rent, you just may require council permit.

She's got to sell circa 1100 coffees before she makes the rent and that's not including her costs on that $4.50 I pay on the coffee.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 27-03-2020 at 02:45 PM.
6 users like this post:
Old 27-03-2020, 02:44 PM   #728
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
I'll be the first to admit I've been fairly critical of Scomo over the past fortnight, much of that from frustration and I dare say a bit from just shear fear of how this is going to unfold and whilst I doubt I'd ever hang his picture on my wall, I'm bloody thankful that he's at the helm right now in many ways.
*Self edit, true but not appropriate. Just be grateful you have an alpha male at the helm instead of a low-testosterone beta SoyBoy with daddy issues.
Old 27-03-2020, 02:49 PM   #729
73 4V XB
Frankenford pilot
Donating Member1

Looks like China haven’t finished screwing us over yet...

The corona Virus travelled entire world from Wuhan but it did not reach Beijing and Shanghai... can anybody put light?

Looks So Logical....After all Chinese Stock Market didn't crash....American and European Markets did....

Destroy other markets and be ready to capture them in every way

How to dominate the world quickly?

THE GREAT CHINESE STAGE

1. Create a virus and the antidote.

2. Spread the virus.

3. A demonstration of efficiency, building hospitals in a few days. After all, you were already prepared, with the projects, ordering the equipment, hiring the labor, the water and sewage network, the prefabricated building materials and stocked in an impressive volume.

4. Cause chaos in the world, starting with Europe.

5. Quickly plaster the economy of dozens of countries.

6. Stop production lines in factories in other countries.

7. Cause stock markets to fall and buy companies at a bargain price.

8. Quickly control the epidemic in your country. After all, you were already prepared.

9. Lower the price of commodities, including the price of oil you buy on a large scale.

10. Get back to producing quickly while the world is at a standstill. Buy what you negotiated cheaply in the crisis and sell more expensive what is lacking in countries that have paralyzed their industries.

PS: Pl read the book by Chinese colonels Qiao Liang and Wang Xiangsui, from 1999, “Unrestricted Warfare: China’s master plan to destroy America”, on Amazon. It's all there.

Worth pondering..
Just Think about this...

China will say that their drastic initial measures they took was very stern and Wuhan was locked down to contain the spread to other areas. I am sure they are using the Anti dode of the virus.

Why Beijing was not hit? Why only Wuhan? Kind of interesting to ponder upon.. right? Well ..Wuhan is open for business now. America and all the above mentioned countries are devastated financially. Soon American economy will collapse as planned by China. China knows it CANNOT defeat America militarily as USA is at present

THE MOST POWERFUL country in the world. So use the virus...to cripple the economy and paralyse the nation and its Defense capabilities. I'm sure Nancy Pelosi got a part in this. . to topple Trump. Lately President Trump was always telling of how GREAT American economy was improving in all fronts. The only way to destroy his vision of making AMERICA GREAT AGAIN is to create an economic havoc. Nancy Pelosi was unable to bring down Trump thru impeachment. ....so work along with China to destroy Trump by releasing a virus. Wuhan,s epidemic was a showcase. At the peak of the virus epidemic. ..

China's President Xi Jinping...just wore a simple RM1 facemask to visit those effected areas. As President he should be covered from head to toe.....but it was not the case. He was already injected to resist any harm from the virus....that means a cure was already in place before the virus was released.

Some may ask....Bill Gates already predicted the outbreak in 2015...so the chinese agenda cannot be true. The answer is. ..YES...Bill Gates did predict. .but that prediction is based on a genuine virus outbreak. Now China is also telling that the virus was predicted well in advance. ....so that its agenda would play along well to match that prediction. China,s vision is to control the World economy by buying up stocks now from countries facing the brink of severe ECONOMIC COLLAPSE. Later China will announce that their Medical Researchers have found a cure to destroy the virus. Now China have other countries stocks in their arsenal and these countries will soon be slave to their master...CHINA.

Just Think about it ...

The Doctor Who declared this virus was also Silenced by the Chinese Authorities...

73 XB GT
Last of the Big Ports
6 users like this post:
Old 27-03-2020, 02:54 PM   #730
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
The cafe across the road from work closed down this morning, she laid off all her staff, landlord is pestering her for rent but no customers anymore.

I'm trying to convince her to ditch the cafe and come back in a coffee van and park it outside the cafe

$5000/month rent for this little tiny spot when the offices that are twice the size in the immediate vicinity are half as much rent.

$60K ought to buy you a nice second hand coffee van you can stand inside, sans the rent, you just may require council permit.

She's got to sell circa 1100 coffees before she makes the rent and that's not including her costs on that $4.50 I pay on the coffee.
Mate of mine has a restaurant at St Kilda and a pizza store out west. Even though there were still plenty of people around he shut the doors yesterday at St Kilda, but his pizza joint is running kinda normal, a bit quieter.
3 users like this post:
Old 27-03-2020, 03:03 PM   #731
XByoot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post

A lot of councils rip it right up cafes for using space out the front for outdoor seating . It must be almost impossible to survive in the good times let alone now. Local government are bottom dwellers in my book.
Old 27-03-2020, 03:09 PM   #732
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73 4V XB View Post

The corona Virus travelled entire world from Wuhan but it did not reach Beijing and Shanghai... can anybody put light?

Looks So Logical....After all Chinese Stock Market didn't crash....American and European Markets did....

THE GREAT CHINESE STAGE

2. Spread the virus.

3. A demonstration of efficiency, building hospitals in a few days. After all, you were already prepared, with the projects, ordering the equipment, hiring the labor, the water and sewage network, the prefabricated building materials and stocked in an impressive volume.

8. Quickly control the epidemic in your country. After all, you were already prepared.

9. Lower the price of commodities, including the price of oil you buy on a large scale.

10. Get back to producing quickly while the world is at a standstill. Buy what you negotiated cheaply in the crisis and sell more expensive what is lacking in countries that have paralyzed their industries.

PS: Pl read the book by Chinese colonels Qiao Liang and Wang Xiangsui, from 1999, “Unrestricted Warfare: China’s master plan to destroy America”, on Amazon. It's all there.

Worth pondering..
Just Think about this...

China will say that their drastic initial measures they took was very stern and Wuhan was locked down to contain the spread to other areas. I am sure they are using the Anti dode of the virus.

Why Beijing was not hit? Why only Wuhan? Kind of interesting to ponder upon.. right? Well ..Wuhan is open for business now. America and all the above mentioned countries are devastated financially. Soon American economy will collapse as planned by China. China knows it CANNOT defeat America militarily as USA is at present

THE MOST POWERFUL country in the world. So use the virus...to cripple the economy and paralyse the nation and its Defense capabilities. I'm sure Nancy Pelosi got a part in this. . to topple Trump. Lately President Trump was always telling of how GREAT American economy was improving in all fronts. The only way to destroy his vision of making AMERICA GREAT AGAIN is to create an economic havoc. Nancy Pelosi was unable to bring down Trump thru impeachment. ....so work along with China to destroy Trump by releasing a virus. Wuhan,s epidemic was a showcase. At the peak of the virus epidemic. ..

China's President Xi Jinping...just wore a simple RM1 facemask to visit those effected areas. As President he should be covered from head to toe.....but it was not the case. He was already injected to resist any harm from the virus....that means a cure was already in place before the virus was released.

Some may ask....Bill Gates already predicted the outbreak in 2015...so the chinese agenda cannot be true. The answer is. ..YES...Bill Gates did predict. .but that prediction is based on a genuine virus outbreak. Now China is also telling that the virus was predicted well in advance. ....so that its agenda would play along well to match that prediction. China,s vision is to control the World economy by buying up stocks now from countries facing the brink of severe ECONOMIC COLLAPSE. Later China will announce that their Medical Researchers have found a cure to destroy the virus. Now China have other countries stocks in their arsenal and these countries will soon be slave to their master...CHINA.

Just Think about it ...

The Doctor Who declared this virus was also Silenced by the Chinese Authorities...
If the rest of the world truly had any form of brains and self respect, they would do everything in their power to see China get what they deserve, by bringing their factories home and cutting back trade with these shady parasites, and destroy their economy like they are doing to everyone else.

Or is that racist?

Funny how Trump cops it but he's the only one with the balls to put these communist scumbags hell bent on world domination in their place. God help us if the dumbocrats get in power. They would well and truly bend the knee to their new chinese overlords.
Old 27-03-2020, 03:14 PM   #733
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
If the rest of the world truly had any form of brains and self respect, they would do everything in their power to see China get what they deserve, by bringing their factories home and cutting back trade with these shady parasites, and destroy their economy like they are doing to everyone else.

Or is that racist?

Funny how Trump cops it but he's the only one with the balls to put these communist scumbags hell bent on world domination in their place. God help us if the dumbocrats get in power. They would well and truly bend the knee to their new chinese overlords.
China (not their people/history) is nothing but a paper dragon. All they do is steal, fake, copy and hack.

Name anyone you know that packed their family up and moved there for a better life.
Old 27-03-2020, 03:27 PM   #734
ute83
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

According to a book I read lately they are changing their history by changing history books. So the kids learn a ficticious history in school. I go to great lenghts to not buy their stuff.
Old 27-03-2020, 03:44 PM   #735
marty351
Shenanigans..............

#boycottchina!
Old 27-03-2020, 03:45 PM   #736
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute83 View Post
According to a book I read lately they are changing their history by changing history books. So the kids learn a ficticious history in school. I go to great lenghts to not buy their stuff.
I am still one of those fossils that if I see made in Australia I try to buy it- hence why I drive a Falcon FGX XR8 when I can afford to drive a Merc etc.

But hard to find stuff in Australia that is made in this country.

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
Old 27-03-2020, 03:50 PM   #737
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
#boycottchina!
I'm all for that because everyone would have to smash their iphone or samsung etc and insta and twitter and the rest of those types of social media platforms would die.

E: I wonder if the sm 'influencers' on those platforms are taking a pay cut or they are getting more money because people have more spare time to be poisoned by them?
Old 27-03-2020, 03:54 PM   #738
XByoot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I’m not a gambling man but I’d throw a good bit of coin on the fact the US is spending as much time finding out who and how all this occurred and god help those who have blood on their hands. I’m sure Johnson Atoll as well as other locations have plenty of lovely return gifts if they want to play this game.
4 users like this post:
Old 27-03-2020, 04:01 PM   #739
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73 4V XB View Post

THE GREAT CHINESE STAGE

2. Spread the virus.

Worth pondering..
Just Think about this...

Just Think about it ...

It's hard to read that and try to argue it
Old 27-03-2020, 04:08 PM   #740
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
One very good arguing point is that it came from Facebook
Old 27-03-2020, 04:30 PM   #741
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Pull it apart and put some thought into and you can find holes in there big enough to fly a Spruce Goose through.....

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
6 users like this post:
Old 27-03-2020, 04:54 PM   #742
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
*Self edit, true but not appropriate. Just be grateful you have an alpha male at the helm instead of a low-testosterone beta SoyBoy with daddy issues.
Full blown man crush on our; happy clapper, daggy dad, Prime Minister (Scott Morrison) there Coupe.....
Old 27-03-2020, 05:05 PM   #743
Sioso
irregular member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Pull it apart and put some thought into and you can find holes in there big enough to fly a Spruce Goose through.....
The last story I read with that many holes was "The Very Hungry Caterpillar".

I've noticed Germany's death rate is incredibly low and can't help but think the lack of speed limits on the Autobahn may be a contributing factor.
I say remove all speed limits for the next few months and see if that helps.
Old 27-03-2020, 05:12 PM   #744
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Wir fahren, fahren, fahren...
Old 27-03-2020, 05:32 PM   #745
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
Full blown man crush on our; happy clapper, daggy dad, Prime Minister (Scott Morrison) there Coupe.....
Yup. I get on a chubby every time I watch Trumps tallies too.

Fun fact, I've watched every single one of them (since his 2017 tour) LIVE.

To me it's not politics, it's just common sense (I actually had to use Google to spell check common sense).
Old 27-03-2020, 05:46 PM   #746
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

I have had my reservations for a while now that this virus being a simple mutation of animal genetics, which when consumed by the Chinese, resulted in the deadly virus known as the Coronavirus.

It may have been a result of human consumption of "exotic" animals in the city of Wuhan, but I'm sceptical as to how this virus actually got to these animals. Let's just say, I believe it to be a "synthetic" virus.

The following article from Reuters may or may have anything to do with Covid-19, or my post above. But it is a interesting (long) read.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN21C3N5
Old 27-03-2020, 08:45 PM   #747
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well by 'official' numbers the US have surpassed China in total cases but I find that hard to believe.

China are not transparent at the best of times let alone in a crisis. But still quite concerning the numbers in the US.
Old 27-03-2020, 08:52 PM   #748
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

7 users like this post:
Old 27-03-2020, 10:51 PM   #749
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

businesses closing....is it just possible that some of the mega corps are shutting down, not just to 'keep our staff safe' but
how would their profit line look at the end of financial year? Yes they'll take a hit, but no wages, refusing to pay rent would surely have some benefits to the financial boffins.

I could be wrong, just thinking while sipping on a nice red cordial
Old 27-03-2020, 11:41 PM   #750
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had to laugh at the usual Peta Credlin rant against pubes and how they know what business pay in wages because of single touch payroll and how they should do better to work it all out.

Forgets that it was pubes that designed and built the STP solution in the first place and that it relies on politicians to decide on how to use that data to pay out the stimulus. ****s me to tears.
Closed Thread