Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Falcon GT Club of Geelong

Old 24-01-2020, 12:10 PM   #1
XA Coupe 666
2many projects No time/$

Default Just put out feelers. Wanted XA GT sedan project Swap XA Fairmont coupe with fact sunroof, also a project

I know this is a long shot but I am looking for a genuine XA GT with at least matching VIN & ID plates but preferably with the original block too. (No rebirths) Also prefer manual. I am looking for a project as I am looking for something of similar value to my coupe but realise depending on cond of GT may require me to put in money. Would prefer complete car but will look at anything. No rusted out heaps as I intend to do the majority, if not all, of the panel work myself.

Before anyone asks, the coupe is not for sale at this stage.

To swap I have a XA Fairmont Coupe with factory sunroof. (Originally 6 cylinder). Been undercover for the last 20+ years. Shell in VG cond, no accident damage. Has some rust but nothing like ones I have seen being sold/restored lately, no unpicking panels or plenums. Floors excellent. All hanging panels & interior there, can provide GS dash. Is a roller ATM but within a weekend I can transplant anything from a 6cyl 3 speed, 302 auto up to a professionally built 351, toploader & 9". The engine was built by Ted Robinson of Robinson Racing Developments. He did a lot of development work for Ford through the 90's & 2000's & did Moffatt's Cenovis Bathurst Falcon, amongst many others. So depending on cond of GT & the final build of the coupe is what sort of money will pass hands & in what direction (Engine was $16K when built).

I do not have pics as it is a pain to get to & unless I get someone who is genuinely interested I wont bother. If no interest I'll eventually drag it out, get it going & decide from there what I do with it.

Would love to keep it but I have another which is a GS that I have had for 35+ years & will never sell. (Been off the road for most of that time)

Let me know if anyone is interested.