Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-09-2008, 11:36 PM   #1
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Question Anyone from around Drouin/Warrigal way ?

G'day, I was just wondering if anyone is a local to the area of Drouin or Warrigal in Melbourne ?. Im looking at maybe purchising a few acres of land around that way, and looking for any info on bad spots to keep away from, places prone to flooding certian times of the year / stinky smelly areas etc etc.
Any helpfull info would be greatly appreciated, cheers. :

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2008, 09:41 AM   #2
vandrsxr6
Force Fed Fords

I would probably look more in the Drouin area. There is alot of development going on there and would be of more value in the coming years.

Also it's a bit closer to the city and other more built up areas.

310rwkw and always chasing more

Now with 6th Gear

RAPID PERFORMANCE

ORSM FORD CRUISER
vandrsxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2008, 10:31 AM   #3
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandrsxr6
I would probably look more in the Drouin area. There is alot of development going on there and would be of more value in the coming years.

Also it's a bit closer to the city and other more built up areas.
Yes I agree , I have actualy been looking more in the way of Drouin, I like the area better and it is that 'tadd' closer to the SE suburbs than Warrigal.

I'm finding it hard to find some good semi-flat 'Residential Zone 1' land a few acres in size though around Drouin. Reason being i want zone 1 is so i don't have any problems later down the track sub-dividing the land if i choose to do so, it's alot easier to get permits too to build stuff on the land (sheds, garages etc ) without having to worry about certian colour goods to match the enviroment and stuff like that, also Zone 1 being closer to the main public transport is a bonus too to me if i want to sub-divide and sell some land off later. So far i have only found 2 blocks of land listed under zone 1 with a few acres, the one i wouldn't even consider because the mess of the block, and the other ain't really enough acres/although a possibility.

Even a few acres of 'Residential zone 2' around Drouin I would consider maybe, but it seems to be all new housing estates in the zone2 areas around there, and all split into 1acre blocks max each lot at high prices.

Found plenty of acres in Zone3 areas in Drouin and Warrigal , with realy nice new houses and all , cheap as , but stuck with a millions rules and regulations on the blocks and end up with a few acres that you can;t even chop a tree down on ! , or put up a garage without it having to be green or brown , same with roof colours etc etc. Not even considering zone 3 !.

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2008, 12:07 PM   #4
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

exes granny owns quite a bit of land in drouin, beautifull place. never heard of any such 'rough' areas though, and never picked up a bad smell? (apart from horses... ew.) she's getting on a bit though, wonder if she'd sell soon...

BA XR6 Ute, twin throttlebodied blueprint.
GORDZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2008, 03:31 PM   #5
vandrsxr6
Force Fed Fords

Yeah the problem is all the good land out that way has been bought by the developers that have since sold up at Pakenham and looking for more land to develope.

The way it's going down there I'm sure some owners with large farms will be looking to offload some land, might just have to patient.

310rwkw and always chasing more

Now with 6th Gear

RAPID PERFORMANCE

ORSM FORD CRUISER
vandrsxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2008, 09:32 PM   #6
GUTLES
Adam.

Yeap I can help, I live in Drouin .. Its really nice here, so quiet & theres some nice views.

PM me some links if you want my opinion on them, hardest thing around here is finding flat land, some of the blocks people build on are crazy..

Good luck, I wish I forked out a little extra for 1 - 2 acres when I brought my land..

2007 BF Mk2 Winter White E-Gas Wagon, 6 Seater.

2002 AU3 XR6, Liquid Silver, Manual, Sunroof, LPG, Rebel Kit, BA GTP's, Momo Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
GUTLES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post