Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-07-2008, 07:31 AM   #1
5L
[ 5L ]

Default au xr8 sprint (ed xr8 sprint style)

i was thinking bout getting some black vinyl and covering my grey pinstripe that runs on my door strips, front and back bumper.

giving it the same styling that the ed xr8 sprints got.

here is how it is normally

and here is what i was thinking about doing

what do you think?

[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2008, 07:42 AM   #2
5L
[ 5L ]

sorry just realised that the pics were so small
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
Old 18-07-2008, 07:46 AM   #3
5L
[ 5L ]

ok here is how it is now:

and this is the "sprint style"

www.ignitionimages.com
Old 18-07-2008, 07:50 AM   #4
BlacklistedXR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I like it. It seems to blend in with the colours of your car and doesnt stand out as much IMO. It also makes it that little bit more unique compared to standard.
I think the black stripes and some dark tints would make your car look slick! A bit of lowering so that the guard sink into the rims a bit more and it would just be about perfect.
Like i always say:
The car is yours mate. If you like it go for it!

AU3 Fairmont I6
Whiteline swaybars, FPV Typhoon Rims, Superlows, Custom Intake Piping, Modified BA XR8 Airbox, Big Stereo

Past:
2001 AU2 XR8 220 Manual
1/4 Mile: 13.8 @ 100MPH (161km/h)

Ford Falcon AU2 V8 Auto
1/4 Mile: 13.0 @ 107MPH (172km/h)
BlacklistedXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2008, 07:53 AM   #5
5L
[ 5L ]

yeah it will suit the black and blue theme that i have already started with the car,

lowering will happen one day lol, probably once i fix the gearbox and diff. and yeah some limo tint should be on the cards aswell.

at least this is a cheap mod that will keep me satisfied for a couple of weeks lol.

www.ignitionimages.com
Old 18-07-2008, 08:40 AM   #6
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks good, will tie in with the black wheels nicely. Like you said, it's cheap and easy, so why not.
mattp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2008, 09:25 AM   #7
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattp
Looks good, will tie in with the black wheels nicely. Like you said, it's cheap and easy, so why not.
Couldnt agree more... :P
Old 18-07-2008, 12:00 PM   #8
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Even I like the look of that.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2008, 01:59 PM   #9
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

I kinda like the contrast it has currently, although the black doesn't look too bad it just makes the car seem "all dark" if that makes any sense.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post