Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 31-07-2012, 01:26 AM   #1
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Default Speeding Fine Refunded?

Just going through the bank statement and noticed 3 weeks later after paying a fine in victoria, the money was refunded under 'DEBIT CARD REFUND CIVIC COMPLIANCE MELBOURNE AUS' 3 weeks later .

malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2012, 03:29 AM   #2
karj
XY Falcon

Default Re: Speeding Fine Refunded?

Your lucky day.

Quote:
Q: I have received a letter advising me that my fine has been cancelled and/or I have been sent a refund cheque from Civic Compliance Victoria. What does this mean?

A: If an infringement notice contains incorrect contact details, it is considered invalid. An invalid infringement notice cannot be enforced. Any payment made against an invalid infringement notice will be refunded to the recipient of the infringement notice. The agency may re-issue the infringement notice with the correct details.
http://online.fines.vic.gov.au/fines...does-this-mean
Old 31-07-2012, 10:00 AM   #3
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Had the demerits taken when I paid the fine though, but they came off my defunct victorian licence that I cancelled 2 years ago. Interstate license not affected. I bet they won't refund the points, but I don't care either way as I don't use that license anyway

Last edited by malazn mafia; 31-07-2012 at 10:09 AM.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2012, 09:30 AM   #4
xagsjoe
Patience is a virtue

Read the small print regards points, in all states to the best of my knowledge if you accrue demerits in any state they will be added to your existing licence.

For instance this rule was to stop someone losing their licence in SA and skipping over the border for a VIC one to keep driving.
60ft pb 1.365 (24-3-12)
10.173 @ 134.97mph 1/4
6.324 @ 108.93mph 1/8th PB

SOLD
xagsjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2012, 09:32 AM   #5
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

That's what I did. Though, QLD Transport couldn't decide whether to take my licence or let me keep it. So I left QLD and moved to NSW.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:35 AM   #6
Miss_XR6

If you get a fine in ACT and your on a NSW license you dont loose any demerit points
Not sure about other states
Miss_XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post