Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: What do u think of stickers on non GT's
Don't like the stripes 34 5.84%
Don't like the bulge sticker 14 2.41%
Don't like either 202 34.71%
Bulge stickers look good 62 10.65%
Stripes look good 30 5.15%
Both look good 108 18.56%
Depends on specific car 121 20.79%
other (please post) 11 1.89%
Voters: 582. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2007, 10:33 PM   #301
SP.UTE1
Burning Up 98 Octane

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sTheVibe
There's a white AU Forte wagon getting around in Cairns, not only with stripes and bonnet vents, but GT P decals as well. :
Now thats just wrong. : : :
Old 11-05-2007, 10:58 PM   #302
r8response

Saw a orange VE SS with 2 HUGE black stripes. From the Boot Wing, over the Roof to the bonnet. Ugliest thing i've ever seen
r8response is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2007, 05:58 PM   #303
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My two cents worth.....It's not so much that people can't afford an FP-V that they go for the stripes/bulge, or anything else "GTP"for that matter, on their non FPV BA/BF. It is more to do with the fact that they want to do more to their current car so get their ideas from cars like the GTP models...They see them in the street everyday going about their lives and think....hey..that looks good...I might do the same to my car!

I would not go as far as badging though. Then you really are giving the perception that you have something that you don't.

I've got a BA Classic (standard 183kw engine) on which i'm installing an F6 bodykit and some nice rims then some engine mods. Now I could go out and buy an FPV model tomorrow, but I ain't gonna rush out and spend $70 odd grand on a car that will only be worth $45k in 2-3 years time....I'm 44 years old and have other things, besides cars, that I'd rather spend my money on. So, instead I will make my current car more appealing, and yes, I will borrow some ideas off the FPV models (but not stripes or badges).

The GT label is sacrilidge and the term shouldn't be used on a "non GT" car IMO. However the success of the GT of the early 70's (case in point...a genuine XW GT purchased new in 1970 could be had for less than $5,000 then but is now worth over $100k) will never be repeated in todays models given the rapid depreciation I've mentioned above.

Thanks guys,,,good debate by the way
Pete
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2007, 09:48 PM   #304
MattyJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by r8response
Saw a orange VE SS with 2 HUGE black stripes. From the Boot Wing, over the Roof to the bonnet. Ugliest thing i've ever seen
That's the sports pack - it's a factory option, not custom.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2007, 10:43 AM   #305
r8response

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyJ
That's the sports pack - it's a factory option, not custom.
Didn't know that, hadn't seen one till then. Still looked ugly as ****
r8response is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post