Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-07-2020, 07:30 PM   #151
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Default Re: Australia - China - Poltics

i don,t know if this has been posted yet, i,ve been watching "cross roads with Joshua Philipp", amongst other stuff, for quiet sometime. Joshua is an award-winning investigative reporter with The Epoch Times, in my eyes he has credibility. at this time he mainly cover china vs world current events.
with many smuggled out films of chinese internal current events, this includes atrocities, ccp goals, world wide infiltration methods, infiltration into social media, bloggs, forums , it goes on. i had no idea of the scope of the it and how communism is so evil. well, thats my rant , enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGJ444WhFFU

Last edited by Pis-ton broke; 24-07-2020 at 07:36 PM.
Pis-ton broke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-07-2020, 07:43 PM   #152
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
wow five 7 that's amazing if true
https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awrg...k4WvidMfXLj04-
Its the internet but heres one true fact from article so far. For them (USA) to give the Houston Embassy the boot it must be something concrete.

Last edited by five 7; 24-07-2020 at 08:12 PM.
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2020, 07:47 PM   #153
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From the Australian Citizen Party blog...

https://citizensparty.org.au/loony-e...ina-war-agenda

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2020, 07:59 PM   #154
Work Horse
Budget Racer

You guys are funny!
Old 24-07-2020, 08:11 PM   #155
Pis-ton broke
Banned

think we have some trolls on here.
Old 24-07-2020, 08:39 PM   #156
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
You seriously think they want to invade and take over the whole world by 2050? I can believe they want influence......who doesn't?

Actually so far Pompeo have said it's due to spying and IP theft, nothing about subversion. These activities are not new, and happens with other goverments. Snowden leaks revealed that 50% of US consular staff working in HK are employed by the CIA. So whats new? Reality is that dealing with spies is part of doing business. We do it too. It's called ASIO. The problem with the chinese is there is no name for them!

But subversion would deserve eviction.
No not invade. But sink their claws into most foreign countries as a way to control them. They want to be the worlds no 1 superpower, and have everything on their terms. Don’t even need to invade anyone. Open your eyes and do some research into their future plans and methods they are using to achieve them.

They are dangerous. Sure the americans are dodgy too, but they have checks and balances. Winnie the poo reports to no one and cannot be voted out, so he has free reign, and kill squads to crush any dissidents.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2020, 10:37 PM   #157
Pis-ton broke
Banned

T3rminator, i just would like to know,
do you support democracy or do you support the chinese communist party?
Old 24-07-2020, 10:54 PM   #158
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pis-ton broke View Post
T3rminator, i just would like to know,
do you support democracy or do you support the chinese communist party?
Is this a trick question? Democracy. But see how crazy it is that, when someone challenges the status quo, this question even get raised? Do you now view every chinese looking person with suspicion.

I'll tell you what I don't believe. I don't believe we should advocate killing people or destroying countries that have different idealogy to ours. It stinks of supremacy.

Tell me, what is the end game here? To remove Xi from power? He will just be replaced. To kill all 92m members of the party? Total annihilation of the Chinese people? When I woke up in 2018 we were having good relations with them, they were doing things that they are doing today, no more no less, but we managed the risks.

Also, did you read the Australian Citizen Party blog? What did you think?
Old 24-07-2020, 11:06 PM   #159
gooseneck
Banned

Quote:
I'll tell you what I don't believe. I don't believe we should advocate killing people or destroying countries that have different idealogy to ours. It stinks of supremacy.
I believe in that too.

Quote:
Tell me, what is the end game here? To remove Xi from power? He will just be replaced. To kill all 92m members of the party? Total annihilation of the Chinese people?
I don't think anyone wants mass deaths.

We live on a finite planet with finite resources. You don't want a pig headed attitude anywhere on either the US side or Asian side.

I say Asian side here because Indonesia has big ambitions too.

Quote:
When I woke up in 2018 we were having good relations with them, they were doing things that they are doing today, no more no less, but we managed the risks.
Know what I miss the most? eBay purchases from China arriving in 2 weeks in the mail on a regular basis. I want it to go back to that state too but the US economy and the Australian economy are both being pummeled by China's behavior.

I don't like being on either side of the political spectrum, if I was politically inclined which I am not for religious reasons I would be center biased.
gooseneck is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2020, 11:18 PM   #160
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Quote:
Is this a trick question? Democracy. But see how crazy it is that, when someone challenges the status quo, this question even get raised? Do you now view every chinese looking person with suspicion.

Tell me, what is the end game here? To remove Xi from power? He will just be replaced. To kill all 92m members of the party? Total annihilation of the Chinese people? When I woke up in 2018 we were having good relations with them, they were doing things that they are doing today, no more no less, but we managed the risks.

its a simple question, yes or no?

you have been talkin "double dutch" this whole thread. on every page.
Old 24-07-2020, 11:23 PM   #161
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
its a simple question, yes or no?

you have been talkin "double dutch" this whole thread. on every page.
You gave me a question that was not a yes or no answer. I answered it. It is a bit offensive you even asked. But its a democracy and you are allowed.

Now can you answer mine?
Old 24-07-2020, 11:41 PM   #162
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Quote:
You gave me a question that was not a yes or no answer. I answered it. It is a bit offensive you even asked. But its a democracy and you are allowed.

Now can you answer mine?
you gave me a sermon. that is not a clear answer to a clear question.

your question.

don,t change the subject.

sorry for any offence, i just wan,t to know your political preference. i thought that was clear.
Old 24-07-2020, 11:45 PM   #163
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
you gave me a sermon. that is not a clear answer to a clear question.

your question.

don,t change the subject.

sorry for any offence, i just wan,t to know your political preference. i thought that was clear.
I thought that T3rminator answered your question in his first sentence.................
Quote:
Is this a trick question? Democracy.
Old 24-07-2020, 11:47 PM   #164
Pis-ton broke
Banned

not an answer in my book. " = not worthy (emoji) democracy".
what is this?

Last edited by Pis-ton broke; 25-07-2020 at 12:01 AM.
Old 24-07-2020, 11:58 PM   #165
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
not an answer in my book.
I'll give the benefit of the doubt.
Here you go.

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

Old 24-07-2020, 11:59 PM   #166
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

China has no friends. I'd prefer to avoid conflict and settle it diplomatically but I'm prepared to fight if we need to.

They are acting like a bunch of ****s.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 25-07-2020, 12:08 AM   #167
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Quote:
I'll give the benefit of the doubt.
Here you go.
i thought i was poor at communication, but i think you are worse than me, anyway lets hope china is kicked out of tibet! and that india takes all chinas manufacturing!
Old 25-07-2020, 06:50 PM   #168
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

If anyone is waiting to see who will be the first to fire a 'missile', umm...

...China already did!

Is that not obvious?
Tickford. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2020, 07:12 PM   #169
gooseneck
Banned

a booger missile?

I would agree that they've been stealing **** left and right. I don't like that.

Their historical claim to the south china sea should be left up to those with a time machine
https://www.news.com.au/world/asia/s...a7d2e950d8c46b

If you ask me though if Obama was in power this buildup wouldnt be happening.

War is never good but how else are you going to spank their bums.

Last edited by gooseneck; 25-07-2020 at 07:32 PM.
Old 25-07-2020, 07:38 PM   #170
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nuclear arsenal spending under Obama hit an all time high. I think we would have reached the same point, but may have gone about it differently.

Looks like it has now gone beyond the point of no return. Are any of the ASEAN countries also meeting with Pompeo?

Heard a rumour Xi hasn't been seen in public for a while. Apparently some senior members are not happy with the current tactics, and have called for an emergency meeting. He barely survived a vote of no confidence. Lets see if there is a party purge in the coming weeks.

Nov looks like a very very long way away.

I'd still like to know what the end game is though. Every battle is won before it's ever fought?

Last edited by T3rminator; 25-07-2020 at 07:51 PM.
Old 25-07-2020, 10:40 PM   #171
gooseneck
Banned

The 'end game' is a cold war. ie one that never starts but makes everybody rich, rich like nazis.

Thats what everybody wants. Ie not you not me but those in power.

It could go either way at any point in time. The reality is also is that this world is living on a knife edge all of the time. as in it could topple off into war or topple off into cold war. Cold war is preferable at least for the time being because it pushes the date for doomsday off further into the future.

But the true reality is that we are all still sitting on a knife edge and knives are usually used to kill others. So... its inevitable.

Neither side can ever get enough of that thing called money and we will do everything in our power to turn this entire planet into dust if it will make a few bob. Its inevitable because we have an overpopulated planet and everyone is angry at each other because there aren't enough resources to go around.

And everyone is bored because everything has been done before and we are reaching the end of refinement in technologies, at least the easy stuff is done.

If cold war eventuates between the western world and china then we can expect a ramping up of AI and Drone technologies. Recently the US held conferences here in Australia drumming up support for weapons technologies to be developed in Australia.

If you want a peaceful solution to all of this then start acting like modern kids are today:
Sitting on their phones playing video games. Making jokes. Talking about how boring Boomers are.

Video games is the free running wheel which will keep us all entertained for the next 50 years until we develop space technologies far enough that we can leave the planet and populate other planets and screw them up too.

The only problem on this planet is us. There is nothing wrong with this planet. Take us out of the equation by playing video games endlessly and you solve the problem. You can also create an artificial island out of garbage and go live on it and smoke herb for the rest of your days.

BUT if you want to go down the road of Liberalism, aka, Republicans, then you inevitably lead toward war in the real world and lots of lost lives. The reason for that is is because republicans don't typically play video games. They think video games are pointless and a waste of time ironically just like how they view peace talks as a waste of time.

All I personally know for certain is that I don't like liers so I typically take the viewpoint of the person who is doing the least lying and currently Trump is lying his face off so... currently I'm a greenie/Centrist.

Last edited by gooseneck; 25-07-2020 at 11:00 PM.
Old 25-07-2020, 11:13 PM   #172
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hahaha I really like your style Goose. You have much better communication skills than I do

The more I read the more confused I am by the current state of play. I never really followed politics or world order until this year. I guess you have lots of time on your hands during lockdowns.

Today I learnt about SCO and BRICS. Two very interesting bodies. Both are set to meet before the Nov election. Both have Russia, China and India as permanent members. I wonder if any of this has had any influence on the urgency of the meetings between US and Australia.

As for computer games, I used to play Battlefield 4 religiously. Until someone (probably Chinese?) hacked my account and used a mod. My account got permanently banned...b@stards. Only way to play again is to buy another copy and restart all my levels. CBFed. Do you have any friends at Even Balance?
Old 26-07-2020, 01:25 PM   #173
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Couple of interesting articles this morning.

US and Australia set to launch campaign to counter disinformation

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/f...24-p55f9f.html

Turkey has been added to the existing list of China and Russia (no mention of Iran?). Are social media platforms about to be heavily censored soon? Twitter has already been issued a warning. Could we have our own "great firewall"?

Funny reading some of the comments from subscribers, might need to investigate whether some of those are disinformation spreaders.

A mate and I play a little game each morning. We will send each other an article from the mainstream, and challenge each other to fact check the info. A lot of the time its impossible to conclude due to conflicting information, sometimes even from the same news site. Who is right and who is wrong? Very hard to tell.

Chinese separatists backed by Steve Bannon push new coalition in Australia

https://www.theage.com.au/world/asia...25-p55fdv.html

This is going to smack them in the face more than the SCS parade me thinks.

August is going to be an interesting month.
Old 26-07-2020, 09:51 PM   #174
George V
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Well,

99 days and counting - To US elections.

Cheers,
George V
George V is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2020, 09:55 PM   #175
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

We should run early predictions.

I'm calling Trump win in November.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2020, 10:22 PM   #176
gooseneck
Banned

Quote:
As for computer games, I used to play Battlefield 4 religiously. Until someone (probably Chinese?) hacked my account and used a mod. My account got permanently banned...b@stards. Only way to play again is to buy another copy and restart all my levels. CBFed. Do you have any friends at Even Balance?
Wish I did.

Been playing Fortnite: Battle Royale recently and I'm already fed up with it, every 10th round that I play I might get ahead a little and then I get killed and every 9 out of 10 rounds contain cheaters with blatantly obvious nicknames like "XXXX_AIMBOT".

I used to play a lot of L4D2 but I'm kind of over that too but still wish I played it.

Mainly these days I'm exploring other games and tinkering with arduino/raspberry pi stuff.

Just constructed a RPi3 Nintendo Pi aka a Retropie box with a kit off amazon.com.au that came with two controllers, looking forward to playing some Amiga games some time.

Currently thinking about an arduino car alarm system to supplement the Ford Smartlock system.

To Franco Cozzo:
You would want Trump to win. But to be honest with you Kanye West can cry all he wants he's still better than Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIsnIt1p978

In saying that I wanted trump to win in the last election. Fair warning.

But I also missed Obama's exit.

When the nukes fall, do you think this is a great song to go out with?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atY7ymXAcRQ

Spose I could do a dance and blast that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kmuZ9y.jpg (34.3 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by gooseneck; 26-07-2020 at 10:52 PM.
Old 26-07-2020, 11:08 PM   #177
gooseneck
Banned

If you don't want to feel all doomy and gloomy then start buying IBC totes and Silver Perch fingerlings (and keep salt handy for medicating them) and farm your own food with a solar powered aquaponic system. Don't use the 12v air pumps, go for a 240v Jebao/Jecod Eco (55w = PA-100) A Hailea HAP-100 is ok too, at least you can get the diaphrams for cheap and stockpile those.

You'll need at least 1kW of solar panels, a 24v nominal system and 200AH of LifePO4 batteries @ 24v (2x 12v 200AH LifePO4 batteries) to power it all.

That or hoard food. Or do both.

Nothing else really I can recommend besides wait all of this out if you feel optimistic.

Last edited by gooseneck; 26-07-2020 at 11:17 PM.
Old 26-07-2020, 11:29 PM   #178
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseneck View Post
To Franco Cozzo:
You would want Trump to win. But to be honest with you Kanye West can cry all he wants he's still better than Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIsnIt1p978

In saying that I wanted trump to win in the last election. Fair warning.

But I also missed Obama's exit.

When the nukes fall, do you think this is a great song to go out with?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atY7ymXAcRQ

Spose I could do a dance and blast that.
Technically I actually want Kanye West to win because I've got a couple bucks on him at over 50:1

But Uncle Donald paid for a few lap dances, a couple of beers and I walked out of the joint with change in 2016

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 26-07-2020 at 11:44 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2020, 11:53 PM   #179
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
We should run early predictions.

I'm calling Trump win in November.
I think he'll get over the line. As do most of the guys at work. As do family members currently living there. As polarizing as he is, he does seem to represent what the average Americans value. The question is, what is he going to do between now and then to ensure victory?...his polls are down....that's a scary thought.

If Biden wins, and changes tact on China, then I think that is bad news for us. So we need to hope Trump wins.

I've heard some commentary that Pompeo is hoping to get the gig as well, but likely afterwards.

This is like game of thrones, season 9.
Old 27-07-2020, 12:04 AM   #180
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Serious question. Who do you guys think Putin and Xi will be rooting for?

Rides (past and present)