Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 08-07-2011, 09:10 PM   #1
FORDAUDIORACING

Default ap racing calipers

Hi Matt

Do you know if the 6 piston AP Racing calipers fitted to VE HSV (362mm) are the same calipers used in the "off the shelf" 362mm AP kit supplied by v-sport for the BA Falcon? obviously the dog bones are differant, I know they use the Holden Rotor and am thinking maybe they use the holden caliper also.

FORDAUDIORACING is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2011, 09:42 AM   #2
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Default Re: ap racing calipers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDAUDIORACING
Hi Matt

Do you know if the 6 piston AP Racing calipers fitted to VE HSV (362mm) are the same calipers used in the "off the shelf" 362mm AP kit supplied by v-sport for the BA Falcon? obviously the dog bones are differant, I know they use the Holden Rotor and am thinking maybe they use the holden caliper also.
I guess i need to know where your going with this as the factory fitted red or silver VE HSV kit runs a 365mm disc and the bracket and caliper are all as one which is actually a 4 piston caliper and the rotor is also very different to the ford.On the other hand if you mean the "off the shelf" VSport VE AP Kit that has 362mm front rotors then the 6 piston AP Racing caliper should be the same 6 piston ones as the BA "off the shelf" 6 piston AP kit but the rotors in these kits are both 2 piece set ups so the actual disc rotors may be the same as these are universal but the aluminium hats that are used will be different because of offset,stud pattern and centre hole diameter which makes them unique for each car.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2011, 04:45 PM   #3
FORDAUDIORACING

Thanks for that info, youve been great, what I am trying to do is set up a decent brake package for a BA XR8 track car, on a tight budget. I currently have the 330mm / 4 piston AP kit from V sport and was going to upgrade to the 355mm / 6 piston brembo, but am not confident that this is going to be sufficent for a race car. I thought that i could retain the aluminium hats from the 4 pot kit I have, unbolt the 330mm discs, bolt on some 362mm (dba52024.1s) and hopefully some AP calipers from a ve with custom dog bones, now I know the ve calipers wont work its back to the drawing board, I really need to source some second hand AP calipers as I have the rotors sorted and dont have the $3700 Vsport want for the complete kit
Old 09-07-2011, 07:21 PM   #4
Tocchi
Sandtrap Motorsport

6 pot brembos with good pads and fluid will be fine
DBA rotors will be better too.

355 brembo rotor + brembo 6 pot (monoblocks) + project mu HC+ pads + gFour 355 fluid (PMU) + 1800kg falcon + 42 laps + full slicks = faultless braking around barbagallo raceway for me

A heat transfer shim behind pads & extra cooling via air ducts will help greatly

Sandtrap Motorsport's BF XR6T wagon -- to tow around the Capri ^^^

www.facebook.com/SandtrapMotorsport
Tocchi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2011, 11:08 AM   #5
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Thanks for that info, youve been great, what I am trying to do is set up a decent brake package for a BA XR8 track car, on a tight budget. I currently have the 330mm / 4 piston AP kit from V sport and was going to upgrade to the 355mm / 6 piston brembo, but am not confident that this is going to be sufficent for a race car. I thought that i could retain the aluminium hats from the 4 pot kit I have, unbolt the 330mm discs, bolt on some 362mm (dba52024.1s) and hopefully some AP calipers from a ve with custom dog bones, now I know the ve calipers wont work its back to the drawing board, I really need to source some second hand AP calipers as I have the rotors sorted and dont have the $3700 Vsport want for the complete kit
The Brembo 6 pot caliper is a monoblok caliper and should be sufficient with the 2 piece 355mm rotors and decent brake pads.The AP Racing 362mm front kit with 6 pot AP Racing calipers is about $4700 so i am not sure if you had a typo there or i have the wrong kit priced but one of the biggest problems with your rotor swap is the 330mm rotor in that AP 4 piston kit only has a 12 x 182 pcd from memory and the 52024 has 12 x 215.9 so the larger rotor wouldn't bolt up to your hat anyway sorry.Let me know if there is anything else i can help with.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 13-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #6
FORDAUDIORACING

Thanks again, no typo, I can buy for $3700 :-), however taking into consideration your advise I will run the brembos, have the rotors just need to find some calipers at a competitive price.
Old 14-07-2011, 01:43 PM   #7
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Thanks again, no typo, I can buy for $3700 :-), however taking into consideration your advise I will run the brembos, have the rotors just need to find some calipers at a competitive price.
OK and see how you go with the brembo pricing and pm me with some quotes and i will see what i can do as well.

Phone 02 9609 1101