Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-03-2008, 11:36 PM   #1
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default When did ford upgrade the BF GTP to 302kw?

When did the BF GTP go from 290kw to 302kw? I thought Ford was only releasing the limited edition Cobra R-Spec with 302kw?

ford man xf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2008, 11:38 PM   #2
XR8putts

Pretty much all FPVs built after the Cobra as far as I know. FPV made no big deal of it though!
XR8putts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2008, 11:41 PM   #3
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yep it was all the GT's after the Cobra, or at least till stock of the 302 ran out im pretty sure.
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2008, 11:48 PM   #4
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeh I never read anything about it, thats why it was a suprise when I was reading the GTP specs on the FPV site, it said 302kw I was a little confused.

So how ****ed off are all the Cobra "limited edition" buyers then, if the GTP has the same power, what does the cobra have that makes it special? Some blue lines on it?
Old 03-03-2008, 12:00 AM   #5
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford man xf
So how ****ed off are all the Cobra "limited edition" buyers then, if the GTP has the same power, what does the cobra have that makes it special? Some blue lines on it?
Probaly not as ****ed off as the guys who got a 290 the month before and would of got a 302 if they had waited.

Steve
JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2008, 12:13 AM   #6
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG66ME
Probaly not as ****ed off as the guys who got a 290 the month before and would of got a 302 if they had waited.

Steve
Yes true, I think people think the Cobra will be a collectable? I remember seeing someone had bought one and put it on ebay for 20 grand more than they paid, and it sold, so maybe these cobra's will become a collectable.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:45 PM   #7
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
yeh I never read anything about it, thats why it was a suprise when I was reading the GTP specs on the FPV site, it said 302kw I was a little confused.

Thats probably why they kept it quite, so as not to off Cobra buyers.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2008, 08:27 PM   #8
IDT
Marko

Quote:
Yes true, I think people think the Cobra will be a collectable? I remember seeing someone had bought one and put it on ebay for 20 grand more than they paid, and it sold, so maybe these cobra's will become a collectable.
Yeah have a look at the carsales website. People are trying to re-sell them for around 100grand!