Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

uve linked the clipsal 500 pictures
Grechie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2008, 07:25 PM   #3
kaldek

You got your link wrong:

http://picasaweb.google.com/bagt161/...MotorShow2008/

And I must say (after being there on Friday night), that the sheetmetal work on the new cars is much cleaner than the BF, and the door panel plastics are of much better quality too - which was my own beef with my BFII XR6T.

Oh, rumour has it too that the F6 didn't have it's bonnet up because the show car happened to have a Boss 290 in it, rather than the 300KW turbo.
kaldek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2008, 08:37 PM   #4
Brute6
Lurvin' my Ute!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaldek

Oh, rumour has it too that the F6 didn't have it's bonnet up because the show car happened to have a Boss 290 in it, rather than the 300KW turbo.
So how could they close the bonnet considering the BOSS needs the Bulge?

HERS: SZ Territory TS, Havana

Proud Member "FPV & XR Owners Club of Vic"

Brute6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2008, 09:04 PM   #5
BAGT161

ooops
http://picasaweb.google.com/bagt161/...nMotorShow2008

The indicator on the front pannel will have a FPV badge. Tool maker didnt have it ready for the show
No new wheels for the FG GT
BAGT161 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2008, 09:06 PM   #6
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Quote:
i heard a similar rumour too...they kept the bonnet of the typhoon shut because it had a supercharged V10 in it!

...honest.......
DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2008, 09:26 PM   #7
alecrain
'03 BA XT

Cool Few small things I noticed

As the post above has a nice set of photos I'll just focus on the details.
Like the sun glasses holder (in all models)

or the handles I think look very fragile

or the top of the doors has lost it's "massiveness" over the window, now it looks more like holden (I hope you know what I mean)

and in Nissan Murano, there is a cassette player- I mean who expects to see that in a new car?:

Beautiful Photography Blog

2003 BA XT
IMPCO SVI - TYPHOON CAI +XR6T snorkel - K&N Panel Filter - DBA Slotties - Tint

1998 Toyota Landcruiser Prado

www.bseries.com.au/alecrain

Quote:
People that drive slower than ME are BAD DRIVERS,
People that drive faster are IDIOTS
alecrain is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2008, 10:16 PM   #8
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You got your link wrong:

http://picasaweb.google.com/bagt161/...MotorShow2008/

And I must say (after being there on Friday night), that the sheetmetal work on the new cars is much cleaner than the BF, and the door panel plastics are of much better quality too - which was my own beef with my BFII XR6T.

FPV vehicles won't have the bonnets open because the details on power and torque won't be announced until close to the release date.
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2008, 10:19 PM   #9
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecrain
and in Nissan Murano, there is a cassette player- I mean who expects to see that in a new car?:
BIG : Can I option an 8 track? Have a few I wouldnt mind playing! That is the : thing I have seen for ages!

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2008, 11:01 AM   #10
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAGT161
ooops
http://picasaweb.google.com/bagt161/...nMotorShow2008

The indicator on the front pannel will have a FPV badge. Tool maker didnt have it ready for the show
No new wheels for the FG GT
Possibly changing wheels closer to realease date?
Old 03-03-2008, 11:16 AM   #11
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecrain
or the top of the doors has lost it's "massiveness" over the window, now it looks more like holden (I hope you know what I mean
I noticed that myself when I went to the MMS yesterday.

The rumour has it that the old AU-BF doors actually try to pull away from the roof due to aerodynamic forces because of their design, and I think it's true as I can hear the wind noise on my BA. I think the older square design (EA-EL) must not have suffered the same issue, maybe because of a squarer less aerodynamic shape.

I like the standard XR interior trim in the XR6. I never actually got to sit in any as there were too many people and I could'nt be stuffed waiting.

I like the new FPV design with the grey treatment and I think they look quite sleek. I even like the new GT decal striping but they dont have an air of meaness or muscle about them like the HSVs do. And FPV, whats with the crappy pale blue for the display F6 and GT. Couldnt they have picked some better colours like a bright yellow, orange or green, or even black or dark grey! I like really the green on the XR8 ute, although I'm not a huge fan of the orange on the XR8 sedan.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2008, 01:20 PM   #12
SAMMYH

i sat in the XR6 (after waiting roughly 10 mins cos some bloke was sitting in there talking to his mate in the passenger seat : ), but i really liked the interior too.

although i will say, as nice as it was, it still shared a fair few similarities with the BA-BF in my opinion (interior), but apart from that i'd still love one. :
SAMMYH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2008, 01:49 PM   #13
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Went to the motorshow on Saturday, spent a fair amount of time there as usual. So here is my review (from the cars I can remember).

The first stop was BMW, a fine selection of vehicles, well the M3 and 130 were. The rest did nothing for me. The Hydrogen concept car was interesting and am looking forward to seeing the future of hydrogen. I hear BMW brought 4 of them to Australia, all of them dual fuel, petrol/hydrogen. They do have a hydrogen pump at their HQ in Mulgrave.

Hyundai presented a couple of interesting cars. The Genesis concept was very attractive, rumored to have a V8 and RWD. It did show hints of Mazda 3 and Lexus IS250 styling. The rest of the cars presented were meh, although the i30 had a quality feel to it.

Off then to Subaru, I was very interested in getting some upclose time with the WRX and STi. The STi was first, my first impression wasn't good from the time I opened the door and it went down hill from there. The doors on all the Imprezas were flimsy, cheap and nasty, they had no quality in the what so ever. The door handles rattled in my hands. The interior of the STi showed nothing of 60k+ car, the seats in the "lower spec" model were flat and very unsupportive. I thought if the STi was that bad I am not going to bother with the WRX. That was the end of Subaru for me.

Moving on from that disappointment I headed to Nissan, only the GTR interested me, the Tiida & Micra are just plain wrong. My thoughts on the GTR, stunning performance, attractive profile, nice front but the back is just where it all goes wrong, nasty looking piece of kit. The exhausts are overdone and if you look close enough you can see the pipes leading into the tips are substantially smaller in diameter, Nissan if you're going to put big tips on the exhausts please make is look better.

Onto Ford, wow there were too many people messing around there, anyway the Mondeo is a great looking car, big boot too, the XR5 model, does it have a proximity card for the key?? The wagon was a very attractive piece of kit. The new falcon, hmmmm yeah it looks ok, but the G6ET is the pick of the bunch for me. Interior wise, they have certainly picked up their game, a better quality feel to everything. The FPVs? Nope, did nothing at all for me. Ugly and tacky. The XR's looked better in pictures.

By this stage I was getting very annoyed by the lack of decent cars, Volvo lifted my mood, they had a sexy looking C70 and S80, beautiful looking cars, interiors were still a bit old manish, but none the less, Volvo is certainly looking the goods these days.

Renault only had the Clio which interested me until I go to it. Exterior, average, interior bland, bland and even more Toyota bland. The previous model was such an attractive little car, the interior was much better too on the older one.

Peugeot, same as Renault, except the 206 GTi Sport thing, that was nice, loved the seats, the interior was nice except the gear changes, they were like a truck, the throw was so long. My XR5T has a very short throw, so much better.

The Bugatti, the reason I drove around for ages looking for parking, the reason I stood in a big line for tickets. I was not disappointed. The car is dead sexy, there are no words to describe such a beast, this thing oh my god, it had presence.

Moving on from the high of the Bugatti, Toyota, what can I say, boring, the concept car, the white one was interesting but other than the drag car there was nothing else. The TRD Aurion, sorry that was just blah. Exterior, the exhaust pipes did not line up with the fancy pants outlets, just a bad design, even Motor/Wheels picked that up. The interior is just so 1991 Camry. The seats were very soft and unsupportive, I just was amazed by the lack of enthusiasm shown in the design of the interior. For the price I would rather a HSV or FPV F6.

Audi, sexy cars but a big price. Have to say their range is impressive, the S5 is nice car and to be honest I thought it would cost more. Only worrying thing about it is the amount of overhang the engine has over the front axel, that would play up with the handling I assume??

VW, overall the only cars i did like were the GTi Golf and the R32, however the GTi seemed IMO to be more inviting and I couldn't justify the extra $$ for the R32. Well built cars though, very solid.

Lexus, the IS-F was the only decent car to comment on, everything else was either shut or not worth the look. The exhausts on the IS-F were shithouse, like the TRD the outlets are only for show, there is a massive gap between the exhaust pipe itself and the showy outlets, i think you could put your hand between the two. Very poor effort there.

Ok moving on, Honda, the Accord, meh, nothing special, very outdated design. I didn't like the Type R but I adored the Legend, awesome.

Bolwell, well after many years in the dark, they're back, not a pretty car but I am sure it would go.

Lambos and Ferraris, all the same as previous years except Ferrari had the Scuderia 430 and Lambo had the Superleggera (sp?) Gallardo. Both drop dead sexy and I want to drive them hehe.

Maserati had the old F1 racer along with the gorgeous GT and the Quattroporte.

There was also a very nice Aston V8 Vantage out the front of the building when I got there. When we left it was a 360 that replaced it.

Overall the show gets a 4/10. Only real hit was the Bugatti but it should have been on a revolving platform. The lack of Mercedes, Porsche and Jag did ruin it for me. I was always looked forward to seeing the top of the range S class, I enjoyed sitting in the AMG CLS last year.
Well hopefully next year it is more decent.
Wretched is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2008, 02:51 PM   #14
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Probably on my own here but I don't like the look of that ferrari much, the bigger one GTB or something looks so much better as do the maserati's in my opinion.
stockel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2008, 12:06 AM   #15
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

how much are tickets for for the motor show
Old 04-03-2008, 01:55 AM   #16
SAMMYH

tickets are $18 for adults, not sure about children tho.

parking is expensive as always, but there's another parking joint nearby where i only paid 10, i think the actual undercover parking of the Exhibition building was 12?

anyway its definately worth it, some damn nice cars there.
SAMMYH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2008, 10:47 AM   #17
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

If you park around the back, there is a small open carpark under the freeway near the construction site, and it was $4. But the main carpark was full when I went.

Never going on a Sunday afternoon again. Took an hour to buy the tickets. They only had one ticket booth open and the que literally went from one end of the building to the other. Apparently it was to slow the influx of people inside because it was too full, but geesh!

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2008, 10:53 AM   #18
alecrain
'03 BA XT

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man

Took an hour to buy the tickets. They only had one ticket booth open and the que literally went from one end of the building to the other. Apparently it was to slow the influx of people inside because it was too full, but geesh!
That's why I usually buy tickets on the INTERNET and just print them out.
I remember walking past a mile long line of people.

And by the way, I parked at the Crown

Beautiful Photography Blog

2003 BA XT
IMPCO SVI - TYPHOON CAI +XR6T snorkel - K&N Panel Filter - DBA Slotties - Tint

1998 Toyota Landcruiser Prado

www.bseries.com.au/alecrain

Quote:
People that drive slower than ME are BAD DRIVERS,
People that drive faster are IDIOTS
alecrain is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2008, 11:07 AM   #19
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched
Only real hit was the Bugatti but it should have been on a revolving platform.
Meh,
I had it drive right past me (I could have reached out and touched it) at the Clipsal 500. Much better stage for showing off those types of cars. I'll get the pictures (and video) up on the web once my home internet has been sorted out.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:16 AM   #20
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt_doofey
Meh,
I had it drive right past me (I could have reached out and touched it) at the Clipsal 500. Much better stage for showing off those types of cars. I'll get the pictures (and video) up on the web once my home internet has been sorted out.
well you were lucky. As I was unable to attend the Clipsal event, the motorshow is all I had.
Wretched is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2008, 11:40 AM   #21
rst2000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man
If you park around the back, there is a small open carpark under the freeway near the construction site, and it was $4. But the main carpark was full when I went.

Never going on a Sunday afternoon again. Took an hour to buy the tickets. They only had one ticket booth open and the que literally went from one end of the building to the other. Apparently it was to slow the influx of people inside because it was too full, but geesh!
it costs nothing to park on the weekends..park in meaden st or gladstone st's, sth melb & just walk across the light rail into the mec underground carpark...also anytime after 5.30pm during the weekdays is ok here..
rst2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2008, 02:28 PM   #22
itsabitsa
v8+9in=FUN!!!!!

when are ford gunna change the ute trays??? looks same as au-bf
Old 04-03-2008, 04:27 PM   #23
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Did anyone get any good shots of the G6E interior and rear?

Quote: