Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 20-03-2010, 10:01 AM   #31
XRtowcar
Mustang GT mmmmmm......

Gobsmacked.
But then again these are probably the guys leaving burnouts in the middle of intersections and roads.
They're not car enthusiasts.
Just meatheads ruining it for everyone else.
Old 20-03-2010, 10:05 AM   #32
SVTVNM
Guzzler

Depending on what the media fallout is over this it would be good if a TV station could get a handfull of Car Club Presidients together to clearly distance actual enthusiasts from this pack of MORONS.
Old 20-03-2010, 10:08 AM   #33
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRLENC
What a sad excuse for a riot..What ever happened to signs and catchy chants? Braking windows and rolling a ute at a Bob Jane dealer is not a protest, its an excuse to be destructive and violent
works for those anti-G8 protesters time and again, and none of them are ever held to account. little wonder people think this is how you protest...
Old 20-03-2010, 10:11 AM   #34
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This ill conceived pointless "protest" was doomed from the start, plenty of people pointed that out earlier in the week, anyone who attended or thought it was a good idea is a clueless moron who has contributed to this media circus now.
The reasons the event was cancelled remain unclear but there may well be very legitimate reasons, that said regardless of why it got called off that still doesnt give anyone the right to take their frustrations out on an innocent franchise owner, nor involve the public and their property.

Old 20-03-2010, 10:11 AM   #35
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

If you think that there were no ford driving Anglo Saxons taking part then you may be disapointed. Don't stereotype the people involved that's what the rest of us are trying to avoid - being stereotyped
Old 20-03-2010, 10:19 AM   #36
Brent
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well, well, there you go. We've sunk to this level as a society have we? Holding aside the obvious damage that's been done to the cause of the genuine enthusiast, you've got to ask yourself just what is going on with society.

I'm sure there'll be people who'll try to distance themselves from this, saying its an isolated event, the work of a handful of troublemakers etc. As much as I'd like to agree, deep down I know that this is the opposite.....its stock standard behaviour for an increasingly large contingent of our society. If in doubt, just go for a wander around those parts on a Saturday evening. Or maybe take a train at anytime past 7pm and you'll humbly stand corrected.

As others have already stated, this is the biggest free kick to the anti-car enthusiast movement in years. No, I'm not saying that the government will outlaw all V8s or whatever come Monday morning, but make no mistake, this sort of event will be etched into the memories of politicians and anti-car crusaders alike. The clock's ticking. They'll keep this little gem hidden away in the ammunition locker ready to be wheeled-out when it suits.

Personally, I'm just dumbfounded. I just cannot relate to these people, their thinking or their thought processes. When you're standing there with 3 dozen other nimrods rocking a Bob Jane ute until it rolls over, what's going through your brain? When you're smashing glass windows, yelling, screaming, shouting obscenities, intimidating innocent passers-by and other motorists, what are you actualy thinking at the time? Sorry, its got me buggered.

Its a common maxim that you have to understand a problem before you can work to fix it. Well, I'll be no use to the solution, because I'm so far away from understanding this sort of BS that its almost irrelevant.

Lastly, condolances to the hard working shop owner who has probably mortgaged his house to support his franchise but now won't have a business to run pending the repairs. It's a disgrace.

Rant over.
Old 20-03-2010, 10:19 AM   #37
Saraco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Wow. Looks like some people don't like being told no. So lets go on a riot and put the fear of god in to innocent people. : I wonder whether the proprieter of this particular Bob Jane store would had any say on the Easternats event being cancelled? Would have been head office, and isn't he just part of a franchise.

It's funny how in states like Victoria, you guys have places to go a race your cars. In Canberra, we had 1 drag strip out by the airport, not anywhere within earshot of any residential properties, and the government decided to abandon it and won't let it reopen. It's in total disrepair and is good for grazing cattle. ACT motoring enthusiasts have been rallying for a new site for years. No-one in the sitting ACT government and residents want any type of motor racing facility in the Capital. Even if it is nowhere near residents. The noise it will create will be too much for them to deal with. Funny how residents are happy to live on busy main roads, but not impressed about a drag strip they most likely will never hear anyway.
Yep! Sounds a lot like Adelaide too! Bob Jane screwed us over a decade ago and there hasn't been legal off street racing in 5 years, you want to race your car in SA,it's a minimum 400 km's for an eigth mile track. 650 km's for a quarter mile track.(Heathcote, we would't use Calder out of principle.) But we don't go rioting and looting, that will only make things, much worse than what they already are. My sympathy to all you genuine car enthusiasts in Melbourne/Victoria. The repurcussions of this will probably be felt nationwide.
Old 20-03-2010, 10:21 AM   #38
xalent
Red Eye Racing

Very sad to see its being referred to as "The Easternats Drag Racing event" It i smy understanding that there is/was no drag racing at all at this event. And have a look through the photos here http://www.theage.com.au/photogaller...electedImage=0 I'm not really sterotyping, its very clear who the majority of participants are
Old 20-03-2010, 10:21 AM   #39
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

car clubs need to unite, elect a well known, respected spokesperson, and publicly condemn these actions of a bogan minority, otherwise its all over for genuine car enthusiasts.

I'd even go so far as any individual being in a car club that was in the protest should be handed over to the police by the club itself if they want to retain any dignity. Just a thought.....

Twin Horns 8-9/74 and lower horn dated 7-8/74, GT hubcaps. GT aircleaner. Please pm me if you can help

Last edited by xe351; 20-03-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old 20-03-2010, 10:26 AM   #40
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVNM
Depending on what the media fallout is over this it would be good if a TV station could get a handfull of Car Club Presidients together to clearly distance actual enthusiasts from this pack of MORONS.
That my friend is a great idea but unfortunatly i can't see it happening.

The media that we have here is aus don't or won't beleive that there are people that are the real car enthusiast that doesn't beleive in the crap that went on last night and all the want to do is paint all modified car owners as hoons.

i guess because of these morons we will have to live with the name hoon

Come on aca or today tonight get some balls and talk to the real people that join car clubs that don't condone the crap that went on last night

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 20-03-2010, 10:28 AM   #41
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XWildGT
lastminuteNATS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The LastminuteNATS is an event put together by Adam Ronke at Winton Raceway to try and give the car enthusiasts somewhere to go this Easter now that EasterNATS has been cancelled.

The Event will consist of:
Burnouts
Powerskids
Drags
Cruizin'

There maybe Drift events, we are just looking at time constraints at the present. Please everyone remember that these events take months of planning, and this one is very much a LAST MINUTE event.

THIS EVENT IS 100% HAPPENING!!

Entry Fee for Competitors: $150
Garages $80 per car
Powered Carports $40
Spectators $20 each
Camping $15 per head per night

Bar and Kiosk facilities will be open.

Registration and Scrutineering will take place from 12noon Friday, Camping will open from 10am Friday
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 20-03-2010, 10:29 AM   #42
Brent
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xe351
car clubs need to unite, elect a well known, respected spokesperson, and publicly condemn these actions of a bogan minority, otherwise its all over for genuine car enthusiasts.

I'd even go so far as any individual being in a car club that was in the protest should be handed over to the police be the club itself if they want to retain any dignity
I'd question just how 'minor' this minority actually is. The photos above show it was more than a group of 3 drunk idiots throwing stuff around. There looked to be 300+ people in the street ferchrisakes.
Old 20-03-2010, 10:30 AM   #43
351capri
windsorman

Quote:
Originally Posted by xe351

I'd even go so far as any individual being in a car club that was in the protest should be handed over to the police be the club itself if they want to retain any dignity

definately need a well spoken and socially respected spokesperson to distance the real motoring/drag racing enthisiasts from these morons. maybe a 60 minutes story showing the country what enthusiasts and car clubs are really all about....
Old 20-03-2010, 10:33 AM   #44
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Short memories? In 2007 a riot occured just up the road from Sandown raceway.
Those involved were street racers. A video shop was trashed and the attendant terrorised. From memory, around 1000 "people" (read; young ********wits with no clue)
went wild, with burn outs street races etc...

Police were totally overwhelmed.

Easternats was just a few months away and i was fortunate enough to attend and saw no problems there at all. Police happy enough with everyone behavour.

This has NOTHING to do with the cancellation of Easternats.
Its the same brain dead morons of society, who like act like complete tossers because their brains are fried on pills they pop or coke they snort.

Its an excuse (as if they really needed any) to use violence, which is becoming more and more common no matter where you go. To them its "fun"....

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 20-03-2010, 10:34 AM   #45
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
I'd question just how 'minor' this minority actually is. The photos above show it was more than a group of 3 drunk idiots throwing stuff around. There looked to be 300+ people in the street ferchrisakes.
you are probably right, but it was meant in context to the general australia wide car enthusiast. If indeed you are correct, i fear the future for any car enthusiast

Twin Horns 8-9/74 and lower horn dated 7-8/74, GT hubcaps. GT aircleaner. Please pm me if you can help
Old 20-03-2010, 10:38 AM   #46
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

idiots.. absolute deadbeats...

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 20-03-2010, 10:40 AM   #47
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

I was wondering why they all gathered at Bob Jane but now I know - some stupid person put up a Facebook Site saying meet there :

It is called "**** Bob Jane for no Easternats"

Here is whats posted on the Front Page - :

Quote:
WHAT THE F WENT ON TONIGHT GREAT TURN OUT BUT WHAT WAS WITH THE RIOTS!!!! KISS EASTERNATS GOOD BYE NOW.
and thank you to everyone that put there name down on the forms out front of bob jane / KFC for trying to keep that easternats alive.
Why didnt they protest at Calder Park is the question?

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 20-03-2010, 10:42 AM   #48
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted

Why didnt they protest at Calder Park is the question?

Their mum didn't want to drive them over the other side of town....
Old 20-03-2010, 10:46 AM   #49
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraco
Yep! Sounds a lot like Adelaide too! Bob Jane screwed us over a decade ago and there hasn't been legal off street racing in 5 years, you want to race your car in SA,it's a minimum 400 km's for an eigth mile track.
Just so I can wrap my head around this.

What did Bob Jane do to screw you over?
Old 20-03-2010, 10:48 AM   #50
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melz
Their mum didn't want to drive them over the other side of town....

as much as i hate seeing this this is the exact kind of thing that is going to start happening because people like bob jane, and various governments refuse to look at the issues of providing facilities for drag racers.

bob jane has been sitting on AIR for over ten years now.

sometimes there is only one way to get noticed no matter how bad the outcome is.
Old 20-03-2010, 10:52 AM   #51
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

pretty strong windows on that shop!
Old 20-03-2010, 10:54 AM   #52
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp

As I understand it, he wanted a bigger slice of the pie after they had already agreed in principal to a deal but he wanted more money when it came to contract time, he didn't get it so he pulled the pin on this event.

Calder Park has advertised and then pulled the pin on 4 or 5 events in the last 18 months.

This does in no way condone what the twits did to the franchise tyre store...

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 20-03-2010, 10:58 AM   #53
Brent
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd_on20s
as much as i hate seeing this this is the exact kind of thing that is going to start happening because people like bob jane, and various governments refuse to look at the issues of providing facilities for drag racers.

bob jane has been sitting on AIR for over ten years now.

sometimes there is only one way to get noticed no matter how bad the outcome is.
Right, I got it now. So because a privately owned company won't spend hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of its own cash on a venue so that the likes of you can have a go for a minimal fee, you are free to trash private property, roam around in mobs intimidating innocent people, and generally act like cretins. Have I missed something?
Old 20-03-2010, 11:00 AM   #54
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Obviously small brains with super small IQ gronks trashed this Bob Jane store as an easy target, and at the end of the day its business and stuff like this happens but u dont go trashing stuff like a moron.

VIC better get a knew track happeneing ASAP as this has been an ongoing issues there
Old 20-03-2010, 11:06 AM   #55
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Ooh... I cant wait for A Current Affair's in depth true version of what happened
Old 20-03-2010, 11:12 AM   #56
Saraco

Quote:

Sorry mate, I thought my RANT was self explanatory! We people in ADELAIDE have not had ANYWHERE to enjoy OUR motor vehicles in 5 YEARS, make it 10 years if it's a competition vehicle. Thanks to BOB JANE for acting like a spoilt child.We have to go long distances to use our cars for what they were built for.But we in ADELAIDE don't go rioting, we protest peacefully and intelligently. We make our concerns known at the ballot box.p.s.BOB JANE owns ADELAIDE INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY.
Old 20-03-2010, 11:24 AM   #57
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

In a nutshell, he bought Adelaide International Raceway (AIR), ran it in to the ground, and then closed it down. That leaves us with only on other race track close to metro Adelaide, Mallala. Except Mallala doesn't have drag racing facilities, it's just a race track.
There is an eight mile drag strip up in the Riverland, but that's it.
Old 20-03-2010, 11:26 AM   #58
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Whats even more sadder is when comments are made that "so and so didnt spend millions of his money" for us car "enthusiasts", or the government hasnt built us a track.... Er you knew this before you built your car (as i did).

Classic example is the pathetic bunch of morons here in Townsville.
For years calls were made to make a dedicated motor racing track.

Instead the most pathetic "street" circuit is built. $25Million of tax payers money and it can only be used ONCE a year. Did anyone protest? NO
Did any of the motorsports groups here say anything? NO
Did any of the ************** who call themselves "car enthusiasts" protest ? NO

Instead all they saw was 2 weeks worth of getting drunk and disrupting traffic to hold the Clipsal 500 here. Not to mention how for the 2 weeks they are here that prices of motels go up 500%.... etc etc etc....

Such vision...

Those who did protest, who were all the local residents affected by the noise for 2 weeks, were all shouted down and told to leave town if they didnt like it.

Gotta hand it to everyone. What a caring sharing society we live in.

Not to mention that the drag strip here BE FORCED TO CLOSE in a few years.... because the council allowed housing development right next door to it. This despite the fact the drag strip has been there for 40yrs.

Way to go...

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 20-03-2010, 11:30 AM   #59
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

So what did trashing a Bob Jane franchise owned store achieve apart from the obvious fact anyone taking part is a total tool? Did it get the easter nats back? did it get the public on your side? did it paint the people who want this event in a good light likely to sway opinion their way?
The answer is it has probably cost you more civil liberties and a crackdown on modified cars and shyte loads of negative press. Australia has an ageing population so the majority of people are old they probably dont give a rats about any nats (probably didn't know it existed) most who didn't give a toss before do now cause its all over the news and guess what now they want all these events banned if this is the type of units that attend.
Where are people's brains? sadly that's a question I find myself asking more often lately.

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
Old 20-03-2010, 11:30 AM   #60
cosmo20btt
Fordaholic

Channel 7 stated on the news that thousands of car hoons rioted in the streets, surely they could have reported protesters were up in arms about easternats being cancelled. but no, they had to sensationalize the truth for a bit more coverage, there looks like there might have been hundreds from what I saw on the news, not thousands.
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story, brought to you by channel 7.
Closed Thread